As many others have commented, this hotel is situated is an ideal location. Unless you're willing to pay considerably more then the rooms are small but have everyhthing you need and are very comfortable. Each floor is decorated in a different modern style, we had a 4th floor room with great views into the square and down the street but it does get noisy in the early hours with the bins being emptied and there is the traffic in the background constantly however the door onto the "balcony" (more of a ledge) cuts this out completely. On our side of the hotel there was opera being played from one of the restaurants from breakfast to dinner which was actually very pleasant. There was however a regular smell from the drain when we had the balcony door open, it didn't smell when you looked over the balcony just inside the room, closing the door removed the smell - strange.
Talking of breakfast this is where the hotel slips up. Whilst the choice and quality is great the service is chaotic, tea/coffee service is very random (earier to use the Nespresso machine to make your own and it's better), the food often runs out and you then have to get it refilled, the toaster cant cope, it's just too small and too slow, they dont have sufficient glassses for the cold drinks and getting a table can be problematic some mornings. Receiving any hot disk you order is random, the staff forget who ordered what. They are though very helpful but they need the whole service being better organised.
The bar does an excellent G&T!
The front desk staff are great, smily and very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design