“Excellent hotel”

Internacional Design Hotel
Ranked #48 of 253 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We picked this hotel with Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed.The location is superb, in the heart of the old city and easy walk to all amenities.
The hotel decor is moden and well done. Very quite for its location. Rooms were of a good size and very clean.
The staff were exceptional, helpful, and spoke good english.
Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
I_Design_Hotel, Owner at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Guest,

I´m very happy that you had a great stay in our Hotel.

Thanks you so much for your kind words.

Regards to New Zealand

Alexandre Martins
ceo

There are newer reviews for Internacional Design Hotel

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Super modern hotel in centre of city. Small rooms - but modern with fun, quirky decor. Nice views of one of the main city squares from a minute balcony. Bath/Shower a bit awkward for older visitors. Gave us a great restaurant recommendation (Casa Nostra). Quick to find taxis for easy travel in Lisbon. Really comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing Internacional Design Hotel for your
recent stay in Lisbon.

I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our
hotel.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards from Lisbon

Alexandre Martins
ceo

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here for four nights in October while visiting Lisbon. The hotel is located in a perfect location on Rossio Square. It is very easy to explore the entire city from here. Although the hotel is located on a busy street, it was still fairly quiet in the room. The hotel is unique as other reviewers have mentioned and the breakfast was one of the best we had in Portugal. The problems that one reviewer said about breakfast are those that can happen anywhere - waiting for a table, running out of some items. We thougth the breakfast was great! The staff was also very accomodating. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but still very adequate for two. Would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Seala
I_Design_Hotel, Assistant Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased you enjoyed our prime location, and the quietness in our rooms, despite the street noises that are common in every major city centers.

On your next visit you should try our bigger room types, such as Medium or Large. Contact me directly so I can help you find one suiting your needs and preferences.

Warm Regards from Lisbon

Nuno Matos Lopes
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2013

There could hardly be a better place from which to really experience Lisbon. Excellent hospitality and service. Very helpful, efficient and friendly staff - always ready and kind.

The room was good. The bed was a dream - fluffy, clean, soft, best sleep in years. The location couldn't be better. It is close to the most beautiful places in Lisbon, as well as to the main attractions.

I was not expecting the breakfast to be this good!! Every morning I would wake up in a hurry to not miss the amazing breakfast :)

I would come back here again in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us, we are always very pleased when our guests had such a pleasant time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you come to Lisbon, so I can show you the different themes on each floor.

Hope to see you soon

Best regards,

Nuno Matos Lopes
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The location of the hotel is top: located right at the main square it is an ideal starting point to explore the city. A Metro station is also really close by. The staff was super friendly and helped us a lot with tips and restaurant reservations. The hotel is stylish and every floor has a different theme, so the rooms are decorated differently. Sadly, the room was pretty small so next to the bed there wasn’t much room left for anything else. Also, as it’s located right on the main square it was a little noisy during the night and in early morning. They have a really rich and tasty breakfast with a variety of choices (international as well as some typical Portuguese food). And it’s worth trying the cocktails in their bar from which you can also enjoy a really nice view over the main square.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
I_Design_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts about our Hotel.

I have to agree that our location right in the center of the city is key when planning your trip and visiting Lisbon.

Downtown is where everything happens and sometimes our double windows are not enought for occasional noises. Luckily it doesn't happen often.

We have different categories with different sizes, next time try a bigger room as a Medium or a Large one. The experience will be different and I truly believe that will exceed your expectations.

Please do contact me directly next time you come to Lisbon, and I will make sure together we find a room and concept that better suits your needs.

Kind Regards,

Diogo Heleno
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 October 2013

As many others have commented, this hotel is situated is an ideal location. Unless you're willing to pay considerably more then the rooms are small but have everyhthing you need and are very comfortable. Each floor is decorated in a different modern style, we had a 4th floor room with great views into the square and down the street but it does get noisy in the early hours with the bins being emptied and there is the traffic in the background constantly however the door onto the "balcony" (more of a ledge) cuts this out completely. On our side of the hotel there was opera being played from one of the restaurants from breakfast to dinner which was actually very pleasant. There was however a regular smell from the drain when we had the balcony door open, it didn't smell when you looked over the balcony just inside the room, closing the door removed the smell - strange.

Talking of breakfast this is where the hotel slips up. Whilst the choice and quality is great the service is chaotic, tea/coffee service is very random (earier to use the Nespresso machine to make your own and it's better), the food often runs out and you then have to get it refilled, the toaster cant cope, it's just too small and too slow, they dont have sufficient glassses for the cold drinks and getting a table can be problematic some mornings. Receiving any hot disk you order is random, the staff forget who ordered what. They are though very helpful but they need the whole service being better organised.

The bar does an excellent G&T!

The front desk staff are great, smily and very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms are small so be prepared. Cocoon rooms do not have a street view (I believe).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
I_Design_Hotel, General Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Every review is important for us, but more so, those reviews when guests show us the areas where we can improve our service.

I have informed our maintenance department about the strange smells in your room, and they are following up on it.

I´m glad to know that you found our soundproofing windows efficient.

On behalf of our F&B team, I would like to apologize for any delays you might have experienced during the service.

We are in the process of reorganizing our breakfast service, preparing for the opening of the brand new Restaurant.

Warm Regards,

Sara Freire

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Good experience but might have been better. It seems that there is a bit of a communication gap since we requested a single mattress for our trip but yet again were presented with two separate mattresses, which is not a big surprise in Europe. When i requested a new room they told me but of course, meanwhile putting some sort of padding on the two mattresses to make it feel like a double sized on, which I have to say wasn’t a total failure. The next day we were told that there are no room with a double mattress at all; they just do not exist in the hotel.
While the location is central it does get noisy in the morning and at night with the restaurants and morning garbage collection. Rooms are small, almost Parisian size small and we didn’t get the smallest room available, which is not a big deal as we spent all of the time outside. Breakfast was very good with freshly squeezed juices and tasty treats but service was a bit spastic at times. Shower and high speed internet connection were also excellent. However the lighting in the bathroom is not very bright so putting on my makeup was a bit problematic and there is a usual barely blowing hotel hairdryer.
While a good place I would probably not come back as the same level of service with a similar location can be had at a much better price in Lisbon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anutaNY
I_Design_Hotel, General Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about the hotel and your stay here.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you felt regarding the two separate mattresses and how it affected your stay and your opinion about us.

Our Maintenance Department have in their “to do list” improving the quality of light in the room you have stayed.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to contact me directly next time you visit Lisbon.
This way I will be able to better address your needs, and offer you a great stay in Lisbon.

Kind Regards