“Central, clean and comfortable”

Internacional Design Hotel
Ranked #52 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had 3 good nights in this hotel.
It is in the center of the town, the personnel is very kind and the breakfast relies on good and fresh food.
Rooms are a bit small, but you can afford it.
Very nice the furnitures with different styles on each floor.

Room Tip: Room 410. Panoramic views on the two main squares (Dom Pedro; Do Figuera)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
I_Design_Hotel, Assistant Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We rely on our friendly staff to help you during your stay with us.

We will be more than welcome to have you back, let us know if we can assist you in planning your next trip to Lisbon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I loved this hotel. I had read the reviews here and we booked one of the small rooms. I was expecting it to be tiny based on the reviews here. It was much more spacious than I anticipated. It was very clean and nicely designed. We had a view of the Figueira square and a side street full of cafes/restaurants. I thought that it would be loud at night but it was very quiet and we slept very well. There were very good black out curtains so the room was quite dark at night which was great for a good night's sleep. There was a large sony tv in the room as well as a coffee maker, and mini bar. The free wireless worked well within the room and throughout the hotel. The bathroom had a shower/bathtub. The tub was small but big enough for a bath and was appreciated.
We loved the breakfast room which has beautiful windows all around with great views to the Rossio square and to the pedestrian street below. The breakfast was tasty...I particularly enjoyed the variety of cheeses as well as the salmon, presunto ham, breads, pastries, etc. There were hot foods as well (bacon, scrambled eggs and roast vegetables). This room also served as a bar/lounge area. On the top/5th floor was a lounge area with books and a computer available for use by guests. The hotel has a very contemporary design...I usually prefer a more traditional look but I loved it nevertheless. My husband generally does not like modern/contemporary design but he really loved the hotel as well. We took the elevator up to the 5th floor and walked down to see the décor on each level. On the 2nd floor, where we stayed, there was a nice lounge area.
The location was about the best that I could imagine in Lisbon. It was so convenient to the trams, metro and in walking distance to most of the main sights. The metro now runs to the airport and the Rossio metro stop is quite close to the hotel.
The staff were amazing. They were all so friendly. They greeted us each time we arrived or departed. They were courteous, polite, and helpful. There is not much of a lobby area, just a reception desk but there were always at least two people at reception and were eager to help at any time.
As we stayed in the winter we got what I considered to be a very good rate. I'm sure in the high season it would be more expensive. I would definitely stay here again on a future trip to Lisbon. It was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in in recent memory.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank viajero5

Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my gratitude over such a complete and positive review of our hotel.

All our rooms have double glazed windows to keep out the city noises. We make sure that our amenities add the value our guests deserve and that we take care of our guest’s needs since early morning with our exclusive, homemade breakfast, that sets you up for the day of sightseeing around the downtown area, where we are located, and throughout Lisbon.

Our hotel’s four floors, their different themes and room categories allow us to accommodate each guest’s preference. Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay, we will be more than happy to find which meets your expectations.

Our friendly staff is eager to welcome you, once again to our beautiful Lisbon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel in October and it was perfect. This is a new hotel (very contemporary) with good sized rooms. It was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with lots of choices including cooked to order eggs. There was even champagne on the juice bar. Location was excellent especially if you are a walker. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Aerobus to/from airport stops within a block of the hotel. On my next trip to Lisbon I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
I_Design_Hotel, Assistant Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to extend my appreciation for your kind review about our hotel.

We thrive on providing a stellar service and meeting our guest's expectations.

Our location is perfect for walking around the city and getting to know all the landmarks both in Lisbon as in the region.

Let us know if you are coming back, I will personally help you with all the arrangements necessary to have a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three nights while in Lisbon. It immediately became my favourite of all the places I’ve stayed in Lisbon.

Pros:
+ Very comfortable room. My room (307) had a nice view over the Rossio square.
+ Superb location. Everything was pretty much from a walking distance. Central location did not affect sleep quality; very little noise made their way to the room even with windows facing the Rossio square
+ Nice atmosphere with all the floors having a different design theme
+ Great breakfast; comfortable dining room with rugs on the floor and views over Rossio. Local delicacies (Pasteis de Nata) were included on the menu of course.
+ Friendly service
+ Airport transfer in hotel’s own van was of excellent quality and reasonably priced

Cons:
- Not much Portuguese touch to it; this is not a place for those expecting a local flavour or dislike modern take on accommodation
- Slightly expensive

Summary: This is definitely my choice next time in Lisbon. This is one the hotels I was impressed with and remember well.

Room Tip: Do have a look of different themes for the hotels website and book your room accordingly. The look...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Petri S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a detailed review about our hotel.

Our team goes that extra mile for our guest's satisfaction and we strive daily to achieve an excellent level of customer service.
Please do let me know when you are planning to come back to Lisbon, so I can personally assist you in finding the best rates and room suiting your preferences.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and 2 friends spent 5 nights in this hotel over New Year 2013/14. I don't think I can add anything to the overwhelming numbers of positive reviews, all of which I agree with. However I just had to say something about the fantastic reception staff who were amazingly friendly and one in particular who went well above and beyond expectations when I lost my hop on hop off bus ticket. He made several calls and ran out into the main square twice to find a kiosk where he could secure me a replacement voucher.

Thank you all, we will be back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
I_Design_Hotel, Gerente de recepção at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to leave your thoughts about our hotel.
Our staff excels in these situations, we do try to give our guests the best Lisbon experience possible.

It will be a pleasure to have you back, staying here at the Internacional Design Hotel.
Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you plan your stay in Lisbon.

Diogo Heleno
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The staff from the front desk, to the restaurant/bar, to the housekeepers could not have been nicer. We we're made to feel most welcome. The hotel is conveniently located one block from the tram, and tour bus and two blocks from the train station. We were in walking distance to Castelo do S. Jorge and Cathedral Se, as well as many excellent restaurants and shops. The hotel restaurant served a wonderful breakfast buffet (included in the room charge) and we also enjoyed a light meal there on New Year's Day.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the tranquil atmosphere of the zen rooms on the third floor. We had rooms 307 and 308 wh...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for your positive coment about our hotel.

It is our team's goal to meet your expectations throughout your stay. Our location is indeed a great asset when planning your sightseeing around Lisbon.

We would like to extend our invitation to accomodate you in your next trip to Lisbon. It will be a pleasure to assist you in anything we can.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Excellent location, staff really really kind and helpful, the hotel is tiny and beautiful, rooms are little but well equipped. Breakfast room is spectacular (after noon till midnight you can go there to drink something and relax) the staff is excellent (exspecially the tall guy) and breakfast itself is awesome, a lot of assortment and almost everything good. A really wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
I_Design_Hotel, Assistant Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive words about your stay in Internacional Design Hotel.

Next time you should try one of our larger room categories, just let us know if you are coming back and we will make sure you have a room suiting your preferences.