“Perfect Location & Great Price”

Internacional Design Hotel
Ranked #39 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
Manasquan, New Jersey
“Perfect Location & Great Price”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel was so modern and was in the perfect location. We had an interior garden room which was great. Very spacious and modern for a european hotel. The metro is a 5 minute walk and there are plenty of restaurants in the area. The morning breakfast was definitely worth the price and had everything you could want (eggs, bacon, cold meats, cheeses, yogurt, pastries, coffee, cappuccino, espresso, etc). The staff was friendly and gave us a great restaurant recommendation. At night we received a pastry or cookie delivered to our room. They even helped book our tours for us. We ended up staying an extra night and they checked on hotels.com to make sure they were giving us the best rate. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: They have rooms that face out on the plaza or interior rooms that have a window to the "garden...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Triesen, Liechtenstein
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed on a short trip to lisboa in this hotel. The location was great, also the rooms and the staff. We were very well looked after.
The only disappointnent was the cleanliness. Our first room was very dusty we found even pubic hair on the bedside table. The staff at the reception gave us a very nice room after our complaint. We also thought that the breakfast buffet was ok but not great for a 4star hotel

• Stayed March 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed at the Internacional Design Hotel on our trip across Europe. It was very very lovely. Location is unbeatable. Staff really really amicable and friendly. They all spoke English perfectly which made it easier when it's your first time visiting a new country.

We arrived and they upgraded us to a suite with a view over the Rossia Square-it was so lovely and charming. The service was impeccable and we will definitely make this our only place to stay when we go back to Lisbon.

One thing that ultimately struck me... the attention to little design details across the hotel. Well done!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Booked this on the back of the 5 star TA comments and maybe that was a mistake.. I was rather taken in by all the hype about this place.

Firstly it is located superbly - every means of transport on the doorstep and easy access to many many local attractions, restaurants, shops etc.

The hotel itself is very clean and the staff are in the main excellent and very helpful and clearly love their jobs. Some great tips from Fabio as to were to go and how to get there - thank you greatly appreciated.

The breakfast spread was very good and the setting was lovely making it a joy to start your day watching the world go by across Rossio square and the fountain of course.

The bar food was of excellent quality and was very reasonably priced. Bar staff were attentive and helpful making excellent recommendations.

Now the reasons for my disappointment..
1. Transfers to and from the airport were utterly appalling. The pick up only occurred because I rang the hotel to see what had happened. Apparently another customer was to blame for their no show. I waited for 1.5 hours to be collected. The return transfer although booked never happened. I went to check given the night before given my experience to be told that yes I had booked a transfer but they weren't able to do it. Nobody had bothered to tell me or even try and tell me. I ended up with them getting a taxi at the cost of 22 euros... get the bus or subway far cheaper and reliable.

2. Luke warm coffee maker... if you like luke warm coffee / tea that's great .. not really for me. I asked for a kettle .. no kettles but I could ring down for a pot of hot water. This is a lovely gesture but not really what you want to be doing on a regular basis.

3. Privacy blinds... no blinds in the bathroom meaning you needed to keep the black out curtains closed as it was directly opposite an occupied building. Nets were put up in the bedroom on my third day which seemed odd.

4. Décor - urm now this is a hard one. I had expected rather more in the way of 'statement' décor ... if your going to hype it up then do it. This seemed rather half hearted and forced. I opted for a Zen room turned out to be a rather bland white room.. nothing very Zen about it although comfortable with fabulous views which I did appreciate.

5. Noise - it is noisy at night given the refuse collections at very odd hours of the night (often 2.30 am) and the noise from next door was an issue on a couple of occasions. Although appreciate that the TV had a volume maximum control.. great idea other hotels should try this.

6. Dodgy bathroom fittings - shower screen became unhinged and the on off dial came off too.. housekeeping sorted it bless them.

All said a pleasant enough hotel and stay but not worthy of outstanding and not sure that it is value for the price you pay.. would I recommend or stay again - doubt it.

7 Thank giddykipper1965
I_Design_Hotel, Gerente de recepção at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us, and for your review on Tripadvisor. We do not always get it right, and it is important for us to know when we fall short of your expectations. I was at the desk when you checked-in, and it was me that welcomed you to the Hotel in the first place. I was also the person responsible for you not being picked up in a timely manner at the airport.

I would like nevertheless to apologize for defrauding your high level of expectation. I understand that there were a lot of things that went right, but unfortunately, there were also some things that did not go so well.

We are reviewing your comments carefully, and together with our general manager we are personally liaising with every single department, in order to make sure that we can solve the issues you raise, and that things like this do not happen again.

I take the opportunity to invite you to visit us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me, so together I can help you plan a perfect getaway in Lisbon in the future, both for yourself, or for your family and friends.

I hope I will be able to welcome you again to Lisbon soon.

Diogo Heleno
Front Office Manager
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is super nice mainly of the staff. l think it is a bit pricey for what it has to offer.
What i liked:
* The hotel location.. The hotel is in Rossio Square, so you are in the middle of the action or in close proximity..
* The hotel has five floors. Each floor has its own unique theme. The floor that i was in was themed as Zen. All the wallpapers, wall colors, lighting, painting ...etc. where there to achieve that effect.
* The room is super clean. The bed smelled very fresh and it has nice scent. The towel smelled really nice not like many hotel were you smell the detergent.
* The showering products that comes with the room are really good.
* The staff were very nice and they go out of their way to make things happen.
What i did not like:
* The rooms is super small.
* The hotel does not provide you with iron, so you would have to send all your clothes to the laundry.
* Even though my floor supposed to be relaxing and quite, the house keeping were vacuuming the hallway every day at around 10ish. So i was waking up at 10ish whether i want to or not.
* The street noise was audible in my room.
* When the shower products finished in my bathroom, they did not re-stock them.
* The price was a bit high for what the hotel offers.
* Again the room was small..

overall, i liked the hotel and would recommend it to my friends. i would get a bigger room the next time around

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
I_Design_Hotel, Gerente geral at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I kindly appreciate the time you took to leave us your review about our hotel and service.

We are proud to be part of a wide range of quality hotels in Lisbon, from which we stand out for our location and personalized service.

All the points you mentioned were immediately reported to our housekeeping and maintenance teams. We are also providing an iron set to borrow our guests on request.

Due to the fact we are in a century building, some of our rooms are smaller than others, I am sorry if on this occasion the room was not up to your expectations. Please do contact me directly next time you come to Lisbon, and I will make sure we find a room that better suits your needs.

I hope to welcome you again at Internacional Design Hotel.

Kind regards,

Sara Freire
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have to say by far this hotel is top notch. Maggie at the front desk was awesome in giving dinner recommendations and answering tour questions. I love the free desert sent to the room every day. A must stay if your visiting Lisboa. The price is well worth it your near everything in walking distance. Don't short change yourself in selecting the hotel when visiting lisbon.
Airport Transfer Available
Nice Welcome Drink
Art work on the property is unique.

Room Tip: Street View Room I had room 310.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
I_Design_Hotel, Front Office Agent at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about us.

Our goal is to give you the best experience while you are discovering Lisbon.

Your questions are our challenges and we do like to surprise you!

When you wish to come back and have Pasteis de Belem again, please, do not hesitate to contact us.

We would be delightful to welcome you again... And again... And again!

Kind regards,

Magui Ribeiro
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is a whimsical and thoughtful hotel that is centrally located by some of the most famous Lisbon attractions! It is about a min walk from the metro. The hotel staff is really helpful and the decor is amazing!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jing Y
I_Design_Hotel, Gerente geral at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay.

Location and our staff’s friendliness are some of our main assets.

We will be more than happy to have you back. Please contact us if you need any assistance.

Best regards,