We returned to Lisbon after 10 days in the Azores and decided to try a different hotel this time around. I really liked the Internacional Design Hotel! It is very modern and chic and you couldn't get a better location--right on the Rossio (main square in the Baixa neighborhood) at the end of Rua Augusta (the main pedestrian street.) The room was clean and modern and well appointed. The wifi only works in the lounge area, but the very helpful guy at the front desk said they had an ethernet cable I could borrow for free. We were on the Zen floor in an "S" room--which was fine for our needs. There seems to be an Alice in Wonderland motif in the public areas too, which was cool. The only negatives I'd say were that the bathroom door is frosted glass so you don't get 100% privacy. I was traveling with my Dad so it was ok, but I think I'd feel awkward if my mom was in there and you could see her silhouette. Also, the bed was too firm for my tastes, but my dad was fine with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design