1,761 results
All reviews rossio square zen floor great location free welcome drink rua augusta toilet paper overlooking the square central location nespresso machine first floor the hotel staff small room pedestrian street the heart of the city pastries breakfast buffet would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Paid a lot of money as it is supposedly a luxury hotel. Sadly disappointed - very average tiny room. Had to complain and ask for a room that was not noisy and not smelly - don't accept a 1st floor room there is clearly a drain issue.
We are both small but the bathroom was so tiny and badly placed hook for towelling robe means if it falls off it goes into the loo.

Would NOT recommend

Room Tip: go higher up
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SianNorthYorkshire
Reviewed 8 May 2018

The hotel is located between 2 squares, is near the Metro, and there's an outstanding pastry shop half a block away. The staff were superb: giving directions, making restaurant reservations, giving recommendations. Our room was one of the smallest I've ever stayed in, so small that there was hardly enough space to walk on either side of the bed. The hotel has a dedicated quiet room on the second floor where guests can comfortably sit, read, or meditate. It is not a luxury hotel.

1  Thank ZoeBear13
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Location is excellent, breakfast is good, staff is very knowledgeable and attentive. Nesspresso machine and L’Occitane toiletries. I am giving 4 not five stars because I wouldn’t call it luxury hotel. It has quirky design and good quality amenities but to call it luxury is overstated.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariaRado
I_Design_Hotel, Gestor de Front Office at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the world.
It sounds like you enjoyed staying with us and we couldn't be happier you enjoyed our breakfast, the staff, the ammenities and services.
We hope we have the chance to welcome you in Lisbon in a next chance.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We booked, at a hefty premium, a "superior square view" room. You could only just see the square if you put your face right up against the window pane.. This was not a premium room, and should not have been charged as such. For the record it was 308, and I invite the manager to challenge this

Readers can see that I have written hundreds of reviews and rarely give a hotel only 1 star

From the room itself you could only see the scaffolding on the building opposite. If the owners of this hotel booked a seaside hotel with a sea view room, they would have felt aggrieved if the only way of seeing the sea was by putting your face against the window.

We did not arrive early for the room , so there can be no excuse that our booked room was not ready

On the first morning we had an automated email from the Manager, breezily asking how we we getting on in the hotel. I breezily replied about the lack of "square view". The manager never replied to this email

When I checked out, I told the receptionist. She was more concerned about out credit card and pin number.

They are trying to run this hotel by numbers. There is no manager on duty, and they were not prepared to discuss my lack of view that I had paid for. I gave them every opportunity to discuss the problem with me, but they avoided facing me.

I had expected more from a Small Luxury Hotel !

1  Thank moraira
I_Design_Hotel, Gestor de Front Office at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear moraira
I am so sorry for the issues you experienced with us. As the builiding in front of us is being renewed part or your view was the scaffolding, which is something we cannot control but will hopeffuly give place to a builiding that matches the rest of the view to the square. Room #308 is a superior room due to the size and view it has.
We are very passionate about making sure our guests enjoy their stay and I hope you will give us the opportunity to stay with us again. Please contact me directly so we can discuss your experience at fom@idesignhotel.com

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Just back from 4 days at this hotel and totally enjoyed the experience. First of all the location is great, near all buses. metros and train stations. Easy to get around and near lots of bars and restaurants.
Staff were amazing and assisted in suggestions for places to visit. both Tiago and Richard were very knowledgeable in the area and spent time showing us places on the map and recommendations of visiting Sintra and it was well worth the visit, one of the many highlights of our trip. Also a very pleasant young man showed us to the room and guided us through the air con and room facilities which was a first for me, never experienced that before and was very helpful.
The room itself, although not huge but beautifully decorated and spotless clean, breakfast too was very nice, great selection of fruit, continental selections of breads, and meats and tea and coffees. Bed lovely and comfy, would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor which was free from noise but lacked a view but as we were out and about that did not matter.
1  Thank lenacullen1
I_Design_Hotel, Gestor de Front Office at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear lenacullen1
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the world.
We are thrilled you enjoyed the staff, hotel and services. Both Tiago and Ricardo are very happy you enjoyed their ideas and suggestions,
It sounds like you left with such wonderful memories and we couldn't be happier you enjoyed our breakfast and the check in provided by our colleague.
We hope we have the chance to welcome you in Lisbon in a next chance.