This hotel is a precious gem!! I was looking on the net for a very central touristic location since I had only 3 days to explore the city. Sometimes the very central hotels lean on their only good quality - being central - and you get a vacation of awful quality. Well, that was not the case!!!!! The entrance to the hotel is modern though very tiny and the hotel’s young staff is always there for you, Marian, Catarina, Sara and others. They are really great! Now about the room. The room I got was just perfect!!! It was really clean, everything in it is new (the hotel has been working now for a year or so), the bed & mattress provide a wonderful rest, the sheets were cozy and spotless, the shower room is great and you get special little toiletry items that fit the kind of room you get. Since the hotel has 4 different decoration concepts for the rooms, 4 themes, there are different items and even smells in each kind of room…I don’t really know about the other 3 themes but I was absolutely happy with mine, the "Zen" theme. What else? A safe, a robe, an espresso machine & great coffee, a 32" LCD TV and, the main treat, a big wooden door/window that leads to a small and beautiful balcony overlooking a main touristic square on one side and on the other side the main touristic Augusta St. that runs till a big arch near the Tagus river. Since I was by myself on that trip I preferred not to walk alone outside at night. Having a coffee on the balcony, overlooking the passersby and listening to the street music gave me the feeling that I'm not disconnected, and then when I wanted to sleep, the double glazing, blackout curtain (let's say 85% blocking) and the air conditioning did the perfect job. By the way, the hotel is so beautiful from outside that most passersby keep looking up to admire it from the street…(yes, I truly believe they were admiring the hotel and not admiring me…)
It is important to know that not all the rooms have a balcony, not all the rooms are reachable by the lift, the shower& toilet room has an opaque glass door that is not closed hermetically and of course there are different sizes & views for each room.
Well, I have been in hotels in my life, great ones and…others. This is not the most stupendous hotel regarding general facilities but when it comes to the most important thing- the room - all the small details make it a really great boutique hotel and provide the highest quality of relaxation I could possibly get, so later, outside, I was fresh to enjoy the hustle. Thanks to the great International Design Hotel Lisbon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, ACCOR, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design