“If we go to Lisbon again we'll ust the IDH” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Internacional Design Hotel

Internacional Design Hotel
Ranked #38 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
“If we go to Lisbon again we'll ust the IDH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Excellent cental location for all transport, dining and many attractions. Efficient, friendly and knowledgeable staff at all times. Uniquely varied decor and everywhere very clean and tidy. Ample breakfast buffet and about to increase dining facilities with improvement package. Will definitely use again if/when we go to Lisbon.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

Brilliant location and rooms were comfortable although slightly small. Breakfast was exceptional and the free drink voucher on check in was a great idea. Only negative points are the overly hard beds and the slightly overpowering smell of bleach on arrival.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2011

As with most of the other reviews, I agree that this is an incredible hotel to base yourself in for a look at this area of Portugal.

I have traveled extensively throughout Europe for the last 25 years, and I must rate my seven days here as one of the best extended stays of this time. Pick any category and this hotel stands at or near the top.

Without any reservations, I would recommend this hotel for short or long term stays.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

I loved loved loved this hotel! The location is perfect, right on Rossio square and a short walk to pretty much everythign in Lisbon. Lisbon really is small enough to walk to most places, and the hotel is a great base to wander around. And despite being so central I did not have any problems with noise.

This definitely isn't your average hotel - yes, the staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and well appointed, But above all, it has character - it's very cool and quirky. I loved the four different themes. I had a zen room and the whole floor was very zen, down to beautiful Asian furniture outside my room and a very calming smell across the floor. Room was great - I had a small room but it certainly did not feel small. And all the little touches were great, the colour scheme (very zen!), down to coll green toilet paper. Do make sure you wander around and explore the other floors too. The pop floor really does smell like bubble gum.

Breakfast was included and excellent. Not just your average buffet but some nice Portuguese touches as well such as olives and feta cheese, pasteis de nata and other local delicacies. Wonderful!

I relly did not want to leave. Perfect.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

What a wonderful place! The location is perfect, in the heart of town, a few blocks from the waterfront. The staff is friendly and helpful, you're offered a free welcome drink, and there's speedy and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. Each floor has its own design, and everything's done with wit. For example, the rooms are sized S, M, L and XL. One point of information: I stayed in a Medium room (had a complimentary upgrade from Small), and the size was adequate if cozy. While I didn't see a Small room, I imagine it must be pretty tiny.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

I stayed at Internacional Design Hotel for one night in January 2011. From arrival to departure my experience at the hotel was faultless. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and offered to complimentary drinks at the bar. Our bags were then promptly taken to our room, which although we requested the cheapest room was actually perfectly adequate. The standard of finish and design of the hotel is lovely. Breakfast was included and again, everything you need. My boyfriend had a freshly made omelette and i feasted on the array of delights on offer.

The hotel is centrally located next to a square and there's a great bakery just two doors down which is well worth a visit.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

After reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor, I picked this hotel to stay in Lisbon and I was very right about my choice. The location is perfect, right downtown Lisbon and only a 5 minute walk from Bairro Alto and Chiado, so during the day, I would come and go lots of times. This made my shoppings and tours a lot easier. I guess the location is definitely one of the main highlights the tourists should consider in order to pick this hotel. I stayed on the 3rd floor, in the Zen area and my room was very clean, my bed was confortable and the showers were just great with all those shampoos and other stuff.
Wi-Fi internet is a plus and its free so u can get to see your facebook page or whatever lol laying on your bed. I thought the restaurant of the hotel was very neat, ellegant, where u can have a fine drink with other guests. I ended up chatting a lot with people there from the US, Spain, Italy. The hotel is very charming and from the restaurant you can have a glass of wine watching the people walk around the main square right in front. I had breakfast on time and I thought it was delicious. Juices, cereals, iougurts, everything u want. The staff was great! They helped me with everything. As I was a solo traveller, they gave me maps, tips, suggestions, drink courtesies. Anne Kristine was very helpful and kind. The guy from the nightshift as well. Everyone was actually very nice.
One important thing you should take into consideration is that the hotel offers you a different concept than other regular hotels. Each floor has its own image, sensation and that is one thing I found to be interesting and worth experimenting. They are trying to add you something more and I tried it and liked it a lot. Why not? I mean, I was already travelling out of my country, so let's go for it! Its a very charming hotel with more pluses.
The price was fair, no complaints about that.
I used this hotel as my "headquarter" in Europe. Innitially, I spent 3 nights and left to Denmark and Iceland. On my way back to Lisbon, I chose the hotel again for other 2 nights!
This is a very neat hotel and in a great location with a great staff.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo