“Boring business hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lisbon
Suico Atlantico Hotel
Ranked #192 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Great for business, not for city breaks. Clean, with specious bedrooms and all facilities you will need, but no charm to it, just a hotel that could be anywhere else. Not my cup of tea at all.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank doloreska1

Reviewed 3 January 2011

At first they give us a room that smell incredible much of cigarette smoke. When I want another room they say there was no other. In the night we could not sleep so I say I want another room and in this time they give it to us. The new room was a little dirty but without smoke. Very bad personal.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank tjabado
Reviewed 25 November 2010

In April I spent 5 days in Lisbon staying at Hotel Suico Atlantico in central Lisbon.
I am a lone traveller so when taking a city break I look for a hotel in a fairly safe area which is conveniently placed for transport, restaurants and night life. I stay in budget priced hotels, mainly because I meet interesting characters who travel widely and usually favour modestly priced accomodation.
Hotel Suico Atlantico is situated off one of Lisbon's main squares Praco do Restaurades, just round the corner from Elavador da Gloria which transports you up to the Biarro Alto, with stunning views, restaurants and Lisbon's Fado Clubs and night life.
First impressions of the hotel are not good because the walls are covered in graffiti.
Step inside and you are in an efficiently run no frills hotel, with a helpful reception, and a lively trendy bar. My single ensuite bedroom was spotlessly clean with a plentiful supply of fresh (if slightly 'worn') towels, and a modest breakfast - total cost 45 euros per night.
Suico Atlantico is a big hotel and very cosmopolitan. I met hotel guests from Sweden, Norway, Russia, Portugal, and France. All ages - single and in couples.
On my first outing in Lisbon I spilled coffee down my only pair of jeans. Before going out in the evening (in a pair of smart trousers) I handed the jeans to reception and they were delivered to my room, washed and pressed, by 8.00 the following morning.
Now that is a good hotel!
I found eating in Lisbon a bit touristy, particularly on the popular Rue das Portas de Santo Antao. I can highly recommend Restaurant 'Quebra Mar' on Avenida da Liberdade for brilliant food, brilliant atmosphere, and really fresh fish. It's expensive - but worth it.
I enjoyed a rip-roaring night at Fado Club 'Adega do Ribatejo' in the Biarro Alto, and a poor meal and boring fado at 'A Parreirinha de Alfamo' in Alfamo. The 'Club de Fado' in Alfama is probably the best meal, and best fado,but you must book ahead.
Lisbon is a very exciting city. Take a tour on the no 28 tram, and don't miss the views from Castelo de Sao Jorge. Visit Belem, and spend a day at the futuristic Parque das Nacoes with its huge Oceanarium and one of the longest bridges in Europe.
All these attractions are conveniently accessable from Suico Atlantico by metro, tram, bus, and 'a pied'. I also rate Lisbon as a safe city - far more so than London or Paris.
If you want to impress your wife or girlfriend with romantic surroundings and sumptious decor then Suico Atlantico is not the hotel for you. But for clean honest no frills good service, at a very affordable price, I think the experienced travellor will find Suico Atlantico an excellent choice.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank deegeestorywriter
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The location of the hotel is prefect - its a shame the same can't be said about the hotel or the staff.

Having booked 5 nights at the Hotel we were looking forward to our stay in Lisbon. On arrival we were checked into a twin bedroom (depsite a request for a double) which smelt and had old worn our furniture and peeling wall paper. You couldn't open the wardrobe fully as it lodged agianst the bed. We complained to the Receptionist who said there were no doubles available but, we could move the following day. On that basis we unpacked only what we needed. The next morning a different Receptionist said they had no doubles available but, we could upgrade if we wanted to at an additonal 20 Euros per night.

The breakfast consisted of ceral - Cornflakes or er Cornflakes! Bread rolls, cheese and ham. The Orange Juice was more like Orange Squash.

Although the location is great for sightseeing the noise is somewhat distrubing. If you are travelling with young children you may want to bare in mind the Sex Shop is round the corner.

The most annoying thing about our stay was the lack of concern or appolgies by the staff. Everybody else we encountered in Lisbon were friendly and helpful.

A disappointing part to what otherwise was a wonderful break - I am just glad the loaction was ideal for our needs.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HOLIDAYS1710
Reviewed 28 September 2010

The only real thing that this hotel has going for it is its fantastic location to explore the city. Upon arriving your presumption is that the hotel is modern and not befitting its 2 stars, however I can only presume that this hotel is only bothered about how reception and the restaurant look.

The lift up to the rooms is rickety. Getting out of the lift what strikes you is peeling wallpaper and worn out carpets. The room that my wife and I stayed in also had peeling wallpaper and was damp. The furniture looked older than my parents and the pillows and towels were of a very poor standard.

Perhaps over time the hotel will be updated to bring the rooms up to the same standard as reception. If that happens then its location would make it the perfect location when exploring Lisbon. At the moment anyone who stays there beware, it is ultra basic.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rgn2001
Reviewed 12 September 2010

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we were very apprehensive about out stay at the suisse atlantico.
How wrong we were, the hotel is in a fantastic location for most of the sights of Lisbon, close to the Barrio Alto which is up a very steep hill, although the railway does go the side of the hotel. Rossio square and all the local transport connections are about 5 minutes walk away.
The Hotel reception is newly refurbished and has been moved during the renovation of the whole hotel. The room was newly refurbished with very comfortable beds, the hotel is on a dead end street so road traffic id at a minimum, our room was on the second floor above reception.
The bathroom was very nice, fully tiles with a large shower and good selection of toiletries.
the only things i would say against this hotel. the breakfast is a bit boring, ham, cheese, bread, brioche and jam. tea, coffee and really bad juice's.
The lift does not have an inner door so i would not say this is suitable for travellers with younger children.
all in all a nice hotel, free wifi, friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I too was apprehensive staying here having read the reviews. However, for us it was perfect. Very central and handy for everything. It seems that a major refurbishment has been partly caried out. Our room (2nd floor rear) was very nice (4* standard). Breakfast was comparible to other 3* hotels in Europe. We were probably lucky - I believe it could be a bit noisy to the front and side.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple