We stayed at the hostel for two nights. The location is great, central but not too noisy. The hotel offers parking in their garage for 10€.
The best with this hotel is the very helpful staff, who give good advice for the first time Lisbon visitor.
The rooms are very spartan, reminding me of a monastery, no paintings on the walls and nothing that I would call charming. However, the rooms were clean and the facilities were working just fine. Wifi works fine in the lobby, but not in the rooms.
Breakfast was rather simple too, but their bread buns tasted well.
I would recommend this hotel for visitors who are more interested in the city than in the hotel. You get a clean, simple lodging for the night at a reasonable price, but if you're looking for more luxury maybe you should try something else. And what really makes it worth the money is the great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Portuense is located in a quiet and tranquil part of Lisbon, parallel to Av. Liberdade and behind the Hard Rock Cafe. A prime location in downtown Baixa, allows easy access to major tourist, cultural and commercial points of the historic parts of Lisbon and well served with the main means of transport, from Aerobus stops, Metro stations of Restauradores and Rossio, train station at Rossio, trams (15 and 28) and elevators of Lavra and Gloria. The hotel is managed by a family that insists on being close to its Customers on a daily basis. Customers receive candid customized service based on their specific needs; suggestion and recommendations based on what to see, do and safety precautions as well. The property was renovated in 2009. All of the rooms (single, double, twin, triple and quadruple) are equipped with private bathrooms, satellite TV and a telephone. Daily housekeeping is included. The continental breakfast is straightforward and the Wi-Fi, which is available at reception, is included in the price of the room. Wakeup service and hair dryers can be requested at reception. Children under 3 may stay for free with a paying adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Hotel Portuense reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensao Residencial Portuense Hotel Lisbon
- Pensao Portuense Lisbon
- Pensao Portuense Hotel Lisbon