My wife and I stayed at Pensao Residencial in November. We booked it for the location
and it turned out to be a great choice. This is your typical older style european hotel, not a north american chain,but the rooms are clean and comfortable, breakfast is there and plentiful, if basic (coffee, juice, baking, cheese, coldcuts and jam). The showers in both rooms I stayed in were, in a word.. awesome.. they look basic but if you're used to
water conserving dribble showers, these were definately NOT. felt awesome after a cross the pond flight :)
The location is right off of the metro line, but back one street so there isn't a pile of street noise. Good restaurants and lots of places to walk and see in the area, and easy access to the rest of lisbon, and the airport, via the metro. Staff were very helpful (even the night staff where english was "challenge" to them) and even when we were leaving early in the morning (far earlier than the advertised breakfast time) made sure we had food before we left for the morning.
Liked it enough that we booked it again on our way back through lisbon before our departure flight, easy to get from here to the airport.
Highly reccomended if you're not the type that would prefer chain hotels. great value
for the price in Lisbon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Portuense is located in a quiet and tranquil part of Lisbon, parallel to Av. Liberdade and behind the Hard Rock Cafe. A prime location in downtown Baixa, allows easy access to major tourist, cultural and commercial points of the historic parts of Lisbon and well served with the main means of transport, from Aerobus stops, Metro stations of Restauradores and Rossio, train station at Rossio, trams (15 and 28) and elevators of Lavra and Gloria. The hotel is managed by a family that insists on being close to its Customers on a daily basis. Customers receive candid customized service based on their specific needs; suggestion and recommendations based on what to see, do and safety precautions as well. The property was renovated in 2009. All of the rooms (single, double, twin, triple and quadruple) are equipped with private bathrooms, satellite TV and a telephone. Daily housekeeping is included. The continental breakfast is straightforward and the Wi-Fi, which is available at reception, is included in the price of the room. Wakeup service and hair dryers can be requested at reception. Children under 3 may stay for free with a paying adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Portuense reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensao Residencial Portuense Hotel Lisbon
- Pensao Portuense Lisbon
- Pensao Portuense Hotel Lisbon