This reminded me of an adult hostel, which is exactly what I needed when I stayed with my parents in the 3-bed room with private bathroom, which was simple but clean and tidy. Breakfast (included) was the same every morning: rolls, croissants, jam, butter, tea, coffee, and juice - good enough for me!
The best part however was the location and quality of service. The hotel is centrally located in Lisbon, one block away from Praca dos Restauradores and near the metro station there. Keep walking south down the street and you'll easily reach Rossio Square and Commercio Square on the water. The two brothers (and their mother) who run the hotel are extremely friendly, helpful, and eager answer any questions about what to see, where to eat, and how to get there. I never felt nervous about leaving the room key with them (that's how you get room service). Reliable Wifi is available in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Portuense is located in a quiet and tranquil part of Lisbon, parallel to Av. Liberdade and behind the Hard Rock Cafe. A prime location in downtown Baixa, allows easy access to major tourist, cultural and commercial points of the historic parts of Lisbon and well served with the main means of transport, from Aerobus stops, Metro stations of Restauradores and Rossio, train station at Rossio, trams (15 and 28) and elevators of Lavra and Gloria. The hotel is managed by a family that insists on being close to its Customers on a daily basis. Customers receive candid customized service based on their specific needs; suggestion and recommendations based on what to see, do and safety precautions as well. The property was renovated in 2009. All of the rooms (single, double, twin, triple and quadruple) are equipped with private bathrooms, satellite TV and a telephone. Daily housekeeping is included. The continental breakfast is straightforward and the Wi-Fi, which is available at reception, is included in the price of the room. Wakeup service and hair dryers can be requested at reception. Children under 3 may stay for free with a paying adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Portuense reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensao Residencial Portuense Hotel Lisbon
- Pensao Portuense Lisbon
- Pensao Portuense Hotel Lisbon