“Extremely disappointed.”
Review of Se Guesthouse

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lisbon
Se Guesthouse
Ranked #242 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
Deal kent
“Extremely disappointed.”
Reviewed 8 September 2009

After several attempts at booking my vacation, by phone and email, and not receiving any confirmation. I finally got a portuguese friend to telephone the Se guest, and was assured on two occasions that my booking was confirmed. When I arrived, after a 4 hour journey by train from the Algarve, with my friend and 5 children. I was told that my booking had not been confirmed and that there were no rooms available. As you can imagine I was none too pleased. We finally found accommodation after several phone calls. It was not a very good beginning to our first trip to Lisbon. I would like to advise the Se guest house to answer emails. I think they are very unprofessional in their dealings with potential customers.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank hildarose

Solo
Business
london
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I to am suprised to read the above review. Maybe this person was used to £200 a night rooms and expected the same for £35 a night. This hotel is centrally located, just 2 minutes walk from the 28 tram route and only 5 minutes from the central shopping area. The guesthouse is full of character with wooden floors, and decor boardering on kitsch. Unfortunately we were to late to book an en suite room but the two shower rooms are kept clean and don't run out of hot water. I had stayed here before and returned because I liked it, and just as good the second time. The family that run it speak good english and seemed to be communicating well in French to.

We had to leave early for the airport on the last morning and breakfast was prepared for us and left on a tray outside our door the night before with a flask of hot coffee.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank paemerson
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2006

Too expensive for the comfort they offer,unfriendly staff and owner

• Stayed June 2006
romyLisbon, owner at Se Guesthouse, responded to this review, 29 August 2008
Dear Sirs,
I was very surprised going to your site and find this review of the year 2006.I was general director of several hotels inSouth Africa and Portugal.The main thing that made me have a Guest House, was that I saw the coldness in the hotels to the turists that came here.So I wanted to do a space where all the people feel like home.I have already two books of honour all writen with the comments of our guests and they are very good.The book are in a table in the main corridor, available to everyone, so we dont give the book only to some people.If I had staff rude you can be sure, that only stay one day with me.Its a pity the person that writes the review hides in the anonimate and also dont specify the day that were in the Guest House, for me to see if its true that this person were with was, and what hapen that took this person to write these words.
I invit you or anyone of your site that comes to Lisbon to stay in the Guest House,this time in anonimate to then write a correct review of ourselve.Than you very much
Belmira Neves

Travellers are raving about these Lisbon hotels