“Such friendly staff! ”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Neighbourhood: Castelo, Alfama & Mouraria
Neighbourhood: Castelo, Alfama & Mouraria
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I was traveling by myself and two waiters served me. They were so kind! They even gave me a complimentary shot of ginja. I went here for the grilled sardines which were salty, crispy and greasy - so: really tasty!! I enjoyed it and in the end paid around 16?.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

A few minutes walk from the St. George's castle, you will find Comidas de Santiago, a small restaurant with an attractive terrace. We disvovered the place when looking for an affordable restaurant for a small dinner near our hostel.
Comidas de Santiago is not a tourist trap as you could expect given the proximity to one of Lisbon's main tourist spots. It offers solid portuguese cusine with some international alternatives. We had Sardines with potatoes and salad. They were not outstanding but quite tasty and reasonably priced given the location.
Staff was friendly and attentive. Wait time was reasonably short.

Tell them to skip the couvert. Neither the bread nor the olives are worth the upcharge.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

As we walked up to S. Jorge castle, we saw the lunch special for sardines -- 10 Euros! We got a table inside since all the outside tables were taken and were served two bean salads, bread, olives, our sardines (5 on each plate with salads), some bottled water, and wine for under 32 Euros... and the sardines were grilled exactly right... all the innards... the spine detached cleanly... and the meat was to die for.... I didn't eat too much of the flesh since it was heavily salted and I didn't want to be too thirsty later... but do try it... nice service... clean W.C.s... simple hole-in-the-wall ambiance...

Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

The grilled sardines were ample with side salad and potatoes. Side order of olives were abit stale. Nice to have lunch under the trees.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

My grilled chicken was very good but my wife's shellfish was obviously frozen, had a bad smell and was inedible. Be forewarned.