“Great Hotel.”

Vip Executive Saldanha Hotel
Ranked #185 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We have just returned from Lisbon and stayed at this hotel.It was very clean and the towels were changed daily. I know others have mentioned the bathroom(which I thought was fab!!), ours was as you entered the room so couldn't be seen from the bed, but I don't think this is a problem as it was not see through glass. It was in a brilliant area and very safe. In all a great place and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor so no noise above
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ali t

Reviewed 20 March 2012

booked this hotel based on customer reviews--simple pleasant hotel with very good value, nothing great yet nothing bad, very modern and clean.

but i would not rate this a 4 star but a good 3 star hotel only because it does not have too many amenities, like it only has a breakfast room instead of a full restaurant, but the rooms are great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank dino2468
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed 12/29/-12/31, paid 60 Euro/night.

Central location, easy to find and access by public bus to and from airport. Two metro stops to the old city.

There are actually shopping centers on two sides and another behind one of those, all with cheap food courts with some reasonably good selections. The shopping center on Saldanha Square (behind the one just across the street) has internet computers available right in the food court. There's also a grocery store about three blocks away.

The rooms are adequate for a single, but too small for a double. As others have pointed out, the bathroom opens directly into the room and has a frosted glass door. The gap arouond my bathroom door was about an inch wide offering direct viewage. I'm sorry, but I would not even share such a room with my wife.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed for two nights in this hotel in a double room (two single beds), for the price of 47 euros per night without breakfast. Here is a list of the positive and negative things about Vip Executive:

Positive:
- Location: safe area, very close to the underground station of Saldanha and shopping centres. Easy to reach from the airport, the bus stop is within 5 min walking distance.
- Price: Good quality and cheaper than other places in Lisbon.
- Room facilities: Safe, fridge, tv, wireless

Negative:
- Doesn't provide breakfast, but this is not a major problem since there are places to eat well right by the hotel. It's possible to have a good breakfast for 2 or 3 euros so I wouldn't recommend paying the extra for the hotel's breakfast.
- Privacy: The door to the bathroom is not a proper door, actually the entire wall is made of coloured glass, so from the bedroom it's possible to see who is in there. This is ok for couples but bad if you want some privacy.

After trying other hotels in Lisbon, we can say that this is our top choice. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sirx
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I spent a weekend at this hotel before going to Canada.
Actually there is no negative point that can be found about this hotel.

THE STAFF: was really really awesome. They were very friendly and helped us with anything we needed. We were even given a card of the hotel so in case we get lost we could phone them and they would send us a taxi to pick us up. Actually, we didnt need it..but it was a very kind idea from them. If you read the rest of comments, you will check that everyone is completely happy with the staff.

THE ROOM: I booked a room with two separated beds (twin one). I just have to say that the room was big enough. I didnt need more space. Heating, I have read in another comment that its central and you cant turn if off. Well, I confirm that you CAN turn it off. It worked. I was keeping it on while I was out of the room and turning it off while I was in the room. I cant tell you if you can regulate the temperature because I really didnt care about that. The temperature was good with the heating off. the TV was flat, so nice. The volume was limitated in order to avoid that you set it very loud and annoy others, but it was high enough for people who like high volumes. Everything was new: beds very new and big ones, sheets..TV.. I used the paper of "please clean" in the morning and the room was cleaned, so I can just say that cleaning is also very good. The bathroom was very new, as the rest of the room, good design and no problem with the bath. The pressure of the water was good (some comment thinks is quite strong...anyway..i guess everyone has different likes). There was no noise, so no problem about sleeping well.

MEALS: I didnt eat at the hotel, so i cant say anything about it, but I can tell you that there are a lot of places near where you can eat (breakfast, lunch...). I only had breakfast near the hotel, lunch and dinner in downtown and belem since I was visiting that places and didnt want to go back to the hotel to eat.

THE PRICE: I booked the hotel using booking.com. In that moment it was cheaper than from the website of the hotel or other websites. It cost me exactly 50€ per night. A veryyy good price for this experience.

LOCATION: perfect. Its very close to the metro (Saldanha). Just 5 minutes walking. I have read in other comments that there are very good connections with the buses. I just used metro, anyway...now I know that there are also good connection with buses to downtown, belem or the airport (i would have liked to know about the bus to belem when I went)

PICTURES: no pictures are needed since you can visit the website of the hotel and rooms are exactly like pictures (they havent try to cheat showing the best rooms) or at least in my case.

CONCLUSIONS: no doubt. When you travel abroad you are always worry about getting a confortable accomodation. This is a perfect place to stay in.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank cnd85Traveler
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The VIP Executive Saldanha is a 4 star hotel located in the financial district, so you are not right in the heart of old town but you are close to other attractions. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room is a little small but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. Also, each room has its own temperature unit and that was very welcome because it was cold outside

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We traveled to Lisbon for a 3 night/2 day stopover on our way to Egypt. In our attempt to find a good hotel to accommodate us for a few nights while in transit, I used the Trip Advisor site to help me narrow down the appropriate hotels to look through and then compare needs and rates.

I am used to staying at 4 and 5 star American hotels, so finding an appropriate high star rating in Europe (which can be different than North American properties) was important to me... especially because high end hotels generally have better "beds" and "showers", which is high on my list when traveling. The prices to get these types of hotels in Europe can be extremely high though, so I was happily relieved when we found the VIP Executive Saldanha Hotel. It was an excellent price at just under $60 per night (low/off season) and rated extremely well by Trip Advisor fellow travelers.

I would not say this is a 5 star hotel... but as a boutique type hotel rated at a Euro 4 star... it was an excellent choice for us and the property held its own in most cases. I would compare to a boutique style Courtyard Marriott. Cute build out... beds were fairly comfortable. Rooms were decent in size for European type hotel comparisons (they usually run very small in Europe), but for those new comers from the US or Canada, they might initially feel a little small. (or at least the rooms we had were… I booked 2 rooms for 4 of us traveling) However, not a big deal if you generally just sleep in your room.

The positives: Comfortable beds, very clean, on a quiet street, good location, not far from hop on-hop off sightseeing bus stops and three shopping centers nearby. There is a good food court in the main shopping center across the street for budget travelers and a few nicer restaurants within a short walking distance. Hotel staff speaks good English and each one we encountered was always very helpful when we had questions for restaurants, grocery, banks etc...

The not-so-positive: The bathroom shower drove me a little crazy… though it didn’t seem to affect the other friends in my party, so this is just a personal choice. Again – this may have been due to the room we had, but the “powerful” shower head (which I would normally love) was in such a place that you could not let it sit in the shower stand while washing… water jetted out all over the place because of its strength (which could not be adjusted) and even the shower curtain wouldn’t help keep in the water. It made washing my hair very difficult. “Ok” for a short stay… not ok if I was there for a lengthier time.

Overall, the shower was the only draw back and I would recommend the hotel, the staff and location.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends