“Don't hesitate, it's good to have a friend in Lisbon!”

Your Friend in Lisbon
Book In Advance
More Info
US$110.65*
and up
Private Lisbon Tour with Premium Port Wine and Tapas Tasting
Ranked #6 of 97 Food & Drink in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Lisbon private tours with famous food and wine tastings. Awarded tours, authentic and delicious Portuguese products and great local guides. Why choose Your Friend in Lisbon? * We are foodies. * Each tour is unique and personal. * Our guides speak fluent english. * We have a sense of humor. * Time efficient itineraries. * We take you off the beaten track * We are a small local company.
“Don't hesitate, it's good to have a friend in Lisbon!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Im a changed person after taking a tour with Your friend in Lisbon! I've always been put off organised tours due to the lack of freedom, impersonal groups and cost BUT Alex and Adrianna have changed all that through the two tours we took with them in May.

All correspondence from initial enquiries to me making numerous changes to the schedule (which were all accommodated) was quick, professional and friendly. We were even sent emails after the tours providing further tips for restaurants to try during the remainder of our stay in Lisbon.

The tours themselves cannot be faulted. We opted for a walking tour on arrival to help us get our bearings in the city. Alex spent over 4hours guiding us around the historic centre, she filled our heads with history, knowledge on local customs and introduced us to the delights of Pastel de Nata, Ginginha and fruit native to Portugal. Alex has a great passion for Lisbon and is both a knowledgeable guide and interesting person. She made us feel relaxed from the outset, (just like meeting a friend!) and went the extra mile after the tour had ended (literally) of walking us to a restaurant well known for its piri piri chicken.

The second tour (food and wine) build on the first walking tour, taking in more of Lisbon's history and culture with the very knowledgable Alex and culminated in an amazing afternoon sampling great wine and food with the amazing and professional Alex the Sommelier (think of a Portuguese Lloyd Grossman and thats Alex). I had informed Adrianna that this tour was a birthday treat for my partner, unbeknownst to me she had arranged a special opening of a Port bottled in the year of my partners birth and also hand delivered a Portuguese birthday cake complete with my partners name!! I couldn't have done better myself!! The tours had already surpassed my expectations but this added level of service was truly incredible (and yes, i do now feel like I have a couple of friends in Lisbon)

Dont hesitate, book a tour, you wont regret it!

Thanks Ladies :)

Visited May 2014

Redwood City, California, United States
“Totally awesome walking and port tasting tour of Lisbon”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I almost left Lisbon, Portugal thinking I didnt need to come visit again. Alex totally changed my mind. She allowed me to discover such a special city, country, culture and history. Her pleasant and charming manner - not too textbook just enough storytelling - allows the curious to dive in where interested and have space when needed. Alex was born to do this tour guide thing. And she knows her port :)

Princeton, New Jersey
“Wonderful trip”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I found your friend in Lisbon from tripadvisor. I booked a full day private tour by email and did the payment online. It took us sometime to get through the long line at passport control. We spent no effort to find Alex who had been waiting patiently for us. Alex treated us like real friends and we learnt a lot of history and culture of Lisbon and Portugal by her interesting introduction. We visited Sintra and did a walking tour in the city. As our request, Alex helped us try different foods and drinks in "tapas" style. We are a very picky family in food and we enjoyed her suggestion very much. Alex knows her stuff and is a very nice lady. I fully recommend this tour to anyone new to Lisbon.

Ontario,Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Alex was knowledgeable and personable--outstanding tour of Sintra!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I booked a 1-day tour of Sintra for 6 Canadians in Lisbon to attend a wedding--we were picked up by Joachim and Alex and taken to Sintra in a spacious, clean and comfortable van with an ample supply of water bottles as it was a hot day. We visited Palacio da Pena, Palacio de Sintra and Quinta da Regaleira--all were excellent but Pena and Regaleira were outstanding. Joachim was courteous and always there with the van as we exited each site. Alex was our guide and she was a delight--knowledgeable about each site and it's place in Portugal's history and able to answer our many questions. When we next visit Lisbon, I hope to do a walking tour with this agency. 6 stars!!!

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Intelligent, passionate overview of Lisbon”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Review of the Lisbon Walking Tour: an outstanding overview of the highlights of Baixa, Chiado and Alfama.

Compared to the three "self-guided" walks from Rick Steves' guide book, this tour covered almost all of the same sights. But it covered those sights in so much more depth than Steves' book or any other guidebook. Plus we covered many sights that are not mentioned in any guidebook. And along the way, we had delightful discussions of history, language, culture, food, literature, and music.

Although my wife and I usually avoid tours, we experimented with several during our 12-day journey through Portugal. This undoubtedly was the best. The difference? Our guide, Alex, and a guide-in-training did a fantastic job of conveying Lisbon's history and culture articulately and with passion. We experienced the soul of the place more than during any other point we were in Portugal.

We realized that our ordinary sightseeing of European cities is much like seeing in black and white; whereas, a tour like this is seeing in 3-D and color. It made that much of a difference.

1 Thank sunra7