“Gustus & Sushi Alentejano - interesting but not so good”

Gustus & Sushi Alentejano Restaurant
Ranked #2,025 of 4,354 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The idea of mixing the strong flavors of the Alentejo products to the acre rice-based sushi, results in a mess. Nor enjoying sushi, or the excellent sausages Alentejo.
Does not justify the price.

1  Thank Makiavel_dixit

Reviewed 26 July 2013

There are not a lot of choice near Placa de Espanha and it's already pretty late. Don't expect to eat raw fish. We went for the Portuguese experience and had sardin, pork and codfish sushis. I recommend the first two choices.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Novel, clever, popular, served with flavour and flourish..with disappointing results. As you would, here I was hankering for sushi in Lisbon and my clever paramour suggested we nail two birds with one stone; said-done and here we are at Gustus & Sushi Alentejano facing what appeared to the myopically challenged to be an olive oil saturated plateful of sushi that on closer examination revealed to be neither fish nor fowl, but cooked mystery bits and guess what pieces in rice wraps, some tasty some boring and a few dont go theres. Overall the idea manifest served little justice to either Japanese or Portugese cousines. While initially trying to dissuade my partner from ordering another main course, halfway through the meaI I was praising her vision while casually sneaking another juicy succulent grilled octopus tentacle from her plate. Best grilled octopus I have tried so far, worthy of a return visit, and no funky pseudo-quasi sushi, thank you.

1  Thank nanobrain
Reviewed 23 May 2013

you can not expect to come here and eat the traditional sushi that we all know and love. it is a mind-blowing way to eat traditional portuguese dishes, just lacking variety in traditional desserts and maybe in wine. great staff. not expensive at all.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

It's a nice restaurant. It was a quiet day, so I was told and I was in no hurry. Nonetheless the service was not the fastest on earth... Though they were very polite and thoughtful explaining all the dishes and were very helpfull advising on the menu. The place was quiet and the atmosphere is nice. I think it's a bit overpriced. The food is very good but as I am a very big fan of sushi I was a bit disapointed with the taste of this food.
All in all I have enjoyed the experience though had I gone there without the discount voucher and I wouldn't have thought it as a good value for money.

Review collected in partnership with Best Tables