“Location is perfect and the staff is attentive”

Fontecruz Lisboa Autograph Collection
Ranked #83 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It is above average on the room size considering most European hotels I've been to. The bed which is always my A very nice dinner. Everything looked so good I struggled to make up my mind. I finally settled for the Lasagna and it proved to be extremely tasty in a rich sauce that seemed to get better with every bite. I ordered the sangria tinta to go along with it and thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was a busy evening for them and they managed to perform quite well on the service. Im definitely returning to try something else:-)enough about the staff ,very knowledgeable and attentive. I would recommend this hotel for couples and business travelers. Room 106 was mine for a week and I'm going to miss it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank samasvestas

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a very nice stay here. The staff were helpful, the room was a good size and everything was clean. Other reviewers have noted that the decor is a little dark -- but we didn't find it that off-putting. The location is great for exploring the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a very nice place. The decor is very dark but tasteful. The staff is outstanding especially Chia. My wallet had fallen out of my pocket while sitting on a coach in the bar. She found it and had it put in a safe place. It could have been a horrible moment if not for her honesty. The front desk staff were always pleasant. The only issue was when we checked in. We were told the breakfast was 10 euros each. When I went down and ate, was charged 20 euros for just mine.

The location is awesome. The street outside is tree lined and just really nice.

Room Tip: We were orginally set to be in a room with double beds but had called a couple days earlier to reque...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My husband always stays in Marriott properties. We knew the hotel was eclectic, but this is to much. It's not horrible. It just lacks a lot. So dark, all halls are black, no clocks in room,only 1 tv channel, 1 towel when we arrived,4 hangers & no dresser, no storage, no do not disturb sign,and more. So glad we don't have kids with us. The lobby decor would lead to a lot of questions. Staff not very friendly or helpful. If you are expecting Marriott quality this isn't it. It does have a great location if you need something downtown.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Amy D
Cristina V, General Manager at Fontecruz Lisboa Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Madam ,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your aopinion and experience with the Fontecruz Lisboa, Autograph Collection®.

You indicated in your response that, your stay at The Fontecruz Autograph Collection, was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your, or our own, expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

CRISTINA VALVERDE
Fontecruz Autograph Collection
cvalverde@fontecruzlisboa.com
00 351 21 041 00 00

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have just returned from 3 nights here and apart from the location I don't have too many positive things to say. It seems that by being a boutique (cool & trendy) hotel you don't have to worry about service. Apart from the receptionist who checked us in we found the staff to be unfriendly and unhelpful. The rooms are "boutiqueish" which unfortunately means not all that practical, only small things but they make a difference, not enough space to put your toiletries in the bathroom, no soap tray for the soap, instead of providing us with an extra bathrobe they removed the one that was there! They really need to sort out the springs on the doors because we spend the first night being woken up by doors banging shut. The second night we got a phone call at 01.30 to tell us our taxi was downstairs....we had booked it for 13h30! OK mistakes can happen but then they called a second time to remind us!!
The breakfast was basic and not what I would expect from a 5* property.

So in short I would be very slow to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank blondeylocks
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just spent three nights at this hotel in Lisbon, with several families, including our family of young children. After reading reviews prior to booking, I knew to expect some funky interior design, so I wasn't surprised by the dark interior. It was helpful in getting our kids to sleep a little later! Anyway, our room was large, clean and very comfortable. The first two floors of the hotel have very high ceilings, which gave the room an airy feel. We had adjoining rooms for our family of 5 and we were very comfortable. The hotel was quieter than I expected (in terms of nighttime noise) so we all slept very well. Staff was friendly and helpful. For the price, we were very pleased with the value. Again, the location is fantastic being walking distance to so much of what Lisbon has to offer, as well as being right at the subway. We felt very safe and welcome. One additional note, I can't say enough about the helpful housekeeping staff AND the sitting service that the front desk recommended was amazing. I highly recommend Catarina if anyone is traveling with kids and wants an adult night out. My kids are still talking about her.

Room Tip: High ceilings on second floor were awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in Lisbon for a couple of days during our recent Portugal vacation. The Fontecruz is ideally located in central Lisbon. It’s an easy walk to the Baixa, and there is a metro station literally across the street; I recommend buying a 24 hour metro pass for 6 euros. It’s good for the metro, bus, trams and Santa Justa Elevator.
The decor is a bit too trendy for my taste, but we were not in Lisbon to hang around the hotel lobby. The rooms are clean, the service excellent. The restaurant serves a very good buffet breakfast. We will stay here again on our next trip to Lisbon.

Room Tip: No bottle opener in room? No problem, use the drawer handle. It works!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple