“You get what you pay”

Residencia Mar dos Acores
Ranked #229 of 254 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

Relatively close to downtown Lisbon. Easy to reach by metro. The hotel has a good value, we paid 25 euros for a double room with bathroom included. You get what you pay, the bathroom smelled a little, the bed was a uncomfortable and the room was quite small. Breakfast was 5 euros extra per person and there is no elevator. The staff was kind enough but they didn't go out of their way to help you or assist you. It is a good and cheap enough place to crash the night.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank fexadom
There are newer reviews for Residencia Mar dos Acores

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Not far away from the centre of Lisbon, Residencia Mar dos Acores offers accommodation with good value for money. But remember also that you normally get what you pay for.
I was happy to have my room in the ground floor, even if I had to pass the inner court with the garbage cans. The room number one was really small (I wish the photos will give an idea), with the stairs to the upper floors taking place from the roof, it was a double room but it'd be absolutely too small for two! Otherwise it was ok; it was very clean, with its own bathroom, it had air condition and even microwave oven.
The staff was also ok, nice, saying politely "hello" and "good night", but I got the map only after asking advice, and the instructions were not very accurate, so I'd recommend to study the map before arriving... Anyway, there's bus no 760 (Rua Gomes Freira) going to the center (from the center back from Praca Figueira). The closest underground station is Picoas, but the way to Marques de Pombal isn't much longer, and there's underground direct to the centre (blue line, direction Santa Apolonia, stop Restauradores or Baixa-Chiado), and also there're good connections to the airport (the blue line to direction Amadora Este, to Station of S. Sebastiao, then the red line to the airport).
Residencia Mar dos Acores is a affordable and safe place to stay over nigth. If you have an early flight in the morning and you can't profite the good connections by underground, just ask the receptionist to call a taxi - it'll arrive in 5 minutes and cost you about 10 € (+ 50 cents for the call).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Meryem66
Reviewed 6 May 2012

In stead of a room you get a closet. Hardly any staff. A big diapointment

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed in single room with bathroom, N 9 (the first floor). Not too small, has a wardrobe, a chest of drivers and a bench. Window opens on the street, and even though I kept it open, it was not noisy. There are shutters, good for night to shut out streetlights. Pillow was thin, I asked for the second and got it, the same with the additional towels. When I needed a hairdryer, I was given one. Bathroom looks OK and renovated, but sometimes there was bad smell. They changed my bedlinen after 6 nights. Breakfast was not great, but edible, and for such price was enough. The staff was helpful. I also could use wifi without problems in my room, I suppose it was because the room are directly above reception. Bus 760 stops very near and goes to Baxia, I recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I booked in Residencial Mar dos Açores just one night. I stayed there before going to my next destination, it was good enough, but even if I needed, I wouldn't stay there more. I think for long stay you can find more comfortable hotel.
I had a single room with private bathroom.
It was clean there. Hot water. Towels. TV. Air conditioner. But bed was weird and not comfy at all, i slept bad.
I always need Internet, and there good WiFi is available near the reception only, though yes, I could get connected in my room too, but connection was so bad. Actually they inform you about this.
Location is just ok, not far from the metro Picoas. If you want, you can find hotels that are more close to Rossio Square. On my personal opinion it's better to have a hotel near it, it's more interesting.
Staff is friendly and nice. I arrived before time of check-in and they gave me my room without any problem.
There is a breakfast, it's included to price. Well, I don't like hotel's breakfasts at all, didn't try it, so I can't say anything about it.
Well, for such a price it was good. I payed like 20 euros.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Nicki_Lena
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed in Mar dos Acores for a week. We booked the hotel online with a discount, so it was really cheap for a three bed room with a breakfast - about 13 euro per day per person. The room and bathroom was clean with AC and TV. The room was cleaned everyday, and thery changed the towels also everyday which was great. The windows were on the street so it was not quiet, we could hear the Lisbon night life, which was not really disturbing. The breakfast was OK, but every day it was the same, which is quite boring after one week. There was also a luggage storage room, and there was no problem for us to leave our baggs there for a few hours before we left fot the airport. The staff there were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Magdalena S
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Easy access to taxis and the Hop on Hop Off bus was 5 minutes bus drive.
The rooms were very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. The location was perfect for seeing the sights in the city.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment it is part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family