“Very good hospitality, but with a busy shared toilet.”

Lisbon RiverView Hostel
Ranked #89 of 494 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It was a very clean and nice hostel. Location is lovely as well. It is located very close to river and the main street. Helena was very helpful and such a lovely person.
You can also use kitchen. That means you can economize your budget as well.
One thing that I want to mention is only toilet. Sometimes it was so busy. Doors and walls are thin so you can hear quiet easily. There are some noises from the main street as well. But I still love this hostel and Helena. I'm willing to book this hostel again for the next trip.

Room Tip: We were couple but we got a twin room. You should mention clear about double/twin room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JinnyPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a beautiful room on the fourth floor with a beautiful balcony. I arrived late as my flight was delayed (which can happen to anyone) and I was almost refused to stay, thankfully everything worked out but if it hadn't I'm not sure what I would have done. The room seemed fairly clean you could hear all other guests however and the room key was frustrating to use. My biggest concern was the wifi signal, only on some rare instances could I pick up the signal which ended up costing me alot since my flight schedule had changed and I was unable to check, I tried to check many times but the wifi signal was not picking up (I was able to pick up wifi signals at other places). I booked a room in the centre of Lisbon for easy access to the airport which defeated the purpose when I was unable to see my flight schedule. There are not that many wifi areas in Lisbon so for me wifi in the room was important, I would look at other accommodations in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank EBincorporated
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We spent 2 nights in this well located hostel in a double room, and it was sweet. After a very late flight the requirements for accommodation was (a) allow check-ins around midnight, (b) be close to a metro station for easy transfer from the airport, and (c) be reasonably priced - 3 out of 3!

A lot of places to see, eat and shop nearby in the easier part of town (i.e. flat). In a city built on a million hills a hostel on the 4(+1)th floor with no elevator fits perfectly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hostel is right on the main pedestrian walkway which brings you right to the water. Te rooms were perfect and the entire place was very clean. The staff was very friendly. I would 100% stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AlexS174
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in this hostel for 4 nights, yes it is 4 flights up with no lift, but for a short stay we didn't have too much baggage and so this didn't pose a problem. Nice welcome from Helena on arrival, clean room, good view from the balcony of Main Street and sea. Was a bit noisy at night as lots of partygoers and cars were passing outside late in the night. Also quite bright, with light curtains. If you take an eye mask, some ear plugs if you're a light sleeper, and are prepared to climb a few stairs you'll find good accommodation in an excellent location, close to baixa chiado station.

Shared bathrooms well equipped and no problems at all. Would stay again.

Kitchen is of a good size and we didn't really encounter any other guests when we made meals. Annoyingly someone opened our houmous and used it, but that's our only grumble.

Lisbon truly is beautiful and a fantastic city, do go!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hostel was excellent. Compact and double rooms are even very well priced. Nice views from our corner room and facilities good and well cleaned. Only warning I would give is be prepared for the 4 floors up you need to walk otherwise excellent!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

For only €10 a night we didn't expect much, what we got was the best accommodation of our two month Eurotrip. Clean, comfy, amazing location in the old town near the metro, shopping and main square. Good kitchen and wifi and our host was so so lovely, very kind and accommodating. A great place to chill out, close enough to everything to do a morning activity then pop back for lunch then head out again!

• Stayed: February 2014