“No central but accessible”

Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Ranked #41 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“No central but accessible”
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. We stayed on the executive club which provided excellent value for the dollar. The rooms were spacios ( junior suite) and clean however we needed to change rooms on day one since, what we found out the hard way was a non-smoking floor does not guarantee a non-smoking room. We were lucky that they had another room available and we had "fabreeze" to get the cigarette smell out of our clothes.
The 24th floor executive lounge has a complimentary great breakfast and afternoon snacks with wine and beer.
Hotel staff are courteous and helpful.
If you are comming off a long flight make sure you have requested in advance an early check in (and it may not guarantee you get your room early).

Roderick M, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with other travelers your opinion regarding your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

It is always very nice to learn that our guests were happy with their stay because our main aim is to provide high levels of service throughout the hotel.

We thank you for your understanding on the non-smoking floors.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back upon your future return to Lisbon.

Roderick Micallef

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed here for 5 days while attending a conference at the hotel. I didn't have a choice of where to stay because of the conference but I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else. Outstanding accommodations, great atmosphere and a lovely staff made my stay wonderful.

I booked the room through my corporation so my only choice was a superior room with two twin beds. I was traveling alone so this was not a big deal. My room was on the 11th floor and had recently been upgraded. The amenities in the room were great, loved having the robes and slippers. The TV was modern and had many options and there was music speakers in the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. I didn't use the mini bar but it was plentiful.

The lobby area was very zen and refreshing. I used the fitness center and it was the best I have ever seen at a hotel abroad. I loved all of the different types of equipment. I went for a run in the city on my last day and the front desk staff gave me great directions to local park. I felt safe and enjoyed the scenery.

I had breakfast included in my rate and only had a chance to use it one day- boy did I miss out. The buffet breakfast was incredible with dozens of options and all of it was delicious.

We ate dinner at Tipico one night and it was very good. I didn't think the buffet dinner was worth the price so we did a la carte and it was great. We had a great head waiter who recommended some great wine. Another night we had a group dinner in the same restaurant as breakfast and it was very good too. I didn't eat a the bar but had drinks there, which I was very satisfied with.

We did try the Italian restaurant that was 2 doors down (red awning, Cafe something) from the front entrance of the hotel and it was quite good. I was craving pizza and they had a great selection.

We took taxi's to Docas and also downtown to the shopping district- very easy. I also tried the metro- very easy to use and the metro station is across the street.

Wonderful week in Lisbon, I will stay at the Corinthia when I go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Frenarena
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write an extensive and detailed review on tripadvisor with regards to your experience at Corinthia.

We are delighted to learn that Corinthia and the city left such a good impression on you.

We look forward to welcoming you back whether in business our leisure. We will do our utmost to provide you a perfectly crafted experience with us.

Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I spent 3 days in the hotel in March. It was for my Birthday and the hotel did such a great job of making it a great one. I booked an executive room and it was worth it. From the moment you arrive they make you feel welcome. The room was clean quiet and comforatble with great view of the city. The executive lounge was great for breakfast and afternoon snack and all the employee were helpful. The location is great very convenient to get around the city. I plan to go backto Lisbon and this will be the place i will stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank chris C
Roderick M, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with other travelers regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

We are delighted to understand that you had a good experience with us and your words of considering one of the best hotels anywhere make us feel very pride on the work we do and on the hospitality we deliver.

Again, we thank you for your confidence on Corinthia and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you return to Lisbon again.

Dublin
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The Corinthia Hotel Lisbon is a truly exceptional establishment. I am totally perplexed that is is not a Tripadvisor top ten hotel in the city. How is this possible? At first glance the Corinthia seems like another anonymous business hotel, but you quickly realise that this place has a special character and that it strongly believes in old-fashioned values of customer service, efficiency and immaculate appearance. My wife and I, together with our four-year old daughter, spent four nights there recently. We had a junior suite on the fourth floor and access to the fantastic executive lounge on the 24th floor. Our room was extremely spacious, spotlessly clean, and had every amenity that we required. Unlike a lot of modern hotels, the sound insulation was incredible; we did not hear any noise from our neighbours throughout our stay. The executive (sky) lounge was an unexpected delight. As well as wonderful views across Lisbon, light snacks (freshly made and enormously varied) and drinks were available throughout the day. Our daughter loved making use of this space and quickly renamed it the "treat room". We also had a bountiful breakfast in the sky lounge each morning. The other facility that we made use of was the pool. It was also immensely enjoyable; perfectly heated and clean, with an adjoining solarium. The hotel is perfectly located. Although it is north of the centre, it is close to attractions like the zoo, the Gulbenkian Museum, and the Spanish shopping mecca known as El Corte Ingles. There is also a metro station across the street and a taxi rank directly outside the door (taxis in Lisbon are remarkably affordable). Apart from the extraordinary standards achieved by this hotel in terms of resources and services, its other greatest asset is its good-natured staff. Nothing was too much for any representative of the hotel that we met. For example, our daughter was feeling unwell and we needed medication from a local pharmacy. One member of staff insisted on accompanying us to the pharmacy! I should also mention that the purpose of our stay in Lisbon was to celebrate my fiftieth birthday. Neither I nor my wife had mentioned this to anyone at the hotel. However, when we returned to our room on the day in question, we discovered a birthday cake waiting for me, together with a bottle of sparkling wine. The only way that the hotel could have known about my celebration was through taking a copy of my passport when we checked in. What class. Lisbon is a spectacular city and staying at the Corinthia certainly enhanced our experience of it. We can't wait to return to our new permanent base in the city.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for an executive room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank JohnL63
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and confidence on Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

Your words make us feel very pride and we are very happy to learn that you had such a good experience with us. We understand your unexpected delight with the Executive Lounge since it has a lovely view over Lisbon and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and breakfast there.

We also thank you for your kind words regarding the care of our team and please be assured it was our pleasure to provide a surprise on your birthday celebration and to help on the pharmacy.
We look forward to your return and to welcoming you back at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

Kind regards
Funchal, Portugal
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel.
It is an hotel full of charm and appealing excellence.
Decoration, the kindness and efficient staff, lovely breakfast and the wonderful restaurant "Tipico". Everyone is welling to help. The view over the city is a beautiful way to start the day. This time we had a problem with our reservation, but it was quickly resolved and they upgraded the room for a suite. Spacious, clean, a good surprise! I advise you too stay at an executive room/ suite to access the Sky Lounge, there is a selection of Bio food at breakfast and the view is spectacular! You have magazines, books, journals, free wi-fi and private and silent place to work or enjoy your reading. During the afternoon you can have a drink or tea and have something to eat courtesy of the hotel. It is exquisite and cozy at the same time!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Diana B
Dear Mrs. Diana,

We thank you very much for your kind review regarding your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon and we also thank you again for your review on our restaurant Tipico.

It is always very nice to learn that our guests were happy with the experience in the spirit of Corinthia.

We look forward to welcoming you back and do our utmost to provide a perfectly crafted experience to you.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Very easy to get to from the airport, be careful of taxi fares we were charged 20 euros but when we asked in reception about the cost they said you should pay no more than 12 euros. The hotel is very pleasant and the rooms are well equipped. We booked a triple room but when we arrived in the room the room was only equipped for two. We had to ring down for extra tea cups, pillow, toiletries etc. The second annoyance was the mandatory use of swimming caps in the pool and the spa and for the pleasure of wearing one of these caps you have to pay 4 euros. We were not warned of this on booking. Go prepared with a swimming cap. The pool and spa areas are really lovely and relaxing. So highly recommend if you can bear wearing an uncomfortable cap. We ate in the restaurant and the food was wonderful. Highly recommend the desert buffet.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for having taken the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

We are always eager to make each guest stay into a crafted experience. We understand by analyzing your comments that we will need to improve to exceed your expectations and please be assured that we will share your comments to be follow up with necessary actions to improve.
Kindly note the use of caps in the pool in for hygiene reasons. We will follow up to assure this information is communicated by all distribution channels.

We are very happy that you enjoyed the dessert at our restaurant Tipico.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your future return to Lisbon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This is a clean, modern and friendly hotel. Situated within a 2 minute walk to the Metro and train station, it is easy to access the whole of Lisbon from the hotel's location.

We stayed in a junior suite and the room was spacious and comfortable. Eating and drinking out on the terrace was very enjoyable. Food was good and well presented.

Breakfast was commendable with omelettes and eggs cooked to order if required. Awful weak coffee!

The presence of free WiFi throughout the hotel was great - I wish other hotels would follow this example.

I have only given this hotel 4 stars for 2 reasons.

Firstly "Tipico" restaurant was a huge disappointment. It runs a buffet that has a very limited choice at a very expensive price. Strangely for a buffet, there are 3 prices depending on if you have a desert etc. The food was nice but this restaurant is grossly overpriced and I suspect that is why there are only ever a few diners.

The air conditioning is ineffective and I suspect that the rooms would be very hot in the summer. We had 4 windows in our room, all of which could open but they will only allow 1 window to be opened at a time.

For a much cheaper bottle of water or wine - try the mini supermarket in the Metro station. At 24 euros a bottle, the wine in the hotel is very expensive for a wine producing country.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for your having taken the time to post a review on tripadvisor sharing your experience with other travelers.

We are always eager to make each guest stay enjoyable and memorable and please be assured that we will share your review with the management team to follow up with actions your concerns and improve for future experiences.

Please be assured that we will work on the areas you mentioned. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you in the future with our standards fully restored and in a perfectly crafted experience.