“Top quality hotel with some super staff.....”

Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Ranked #41 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Corinthia following some dental work at the nearby Instituto do Implantologia. From Reception through Concierge and the restaurant team, the staff were really top-class in accommodating my various requests for assistance. I expected the rooms, bars and cuisine to be high-quality, and they all were, but as ever in a service environment, it's the people who really make a stay more than a visit - and they did. Sufficiently impressed to return in Nov/Dec.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Business and tourist hotel good price for Exellant service.
Try executive room ,you can enjoy the exécutive salon . This one serve drink and good breakfast with à amazing view of lisbon .
Close to subway and train station.
Try ans see :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reuben M, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property your comments are very much valued.

I am delighted to red that you enjoyed your executive room and the Executive Club Lounge views over Lisbon.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Quite simply one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

Unfortunately when I travelled out to Lisbon British Airways managed to lose my case and so I spent the next 4 days with none of my belongings, the hotel were amazing at supplying me with all of the essential items I needed including deodorant, toothbrush, and even hair bobbles!

The breakfast in the hotel was incredible, a huge amount to choose from all cooked to perfection, the poached eggs I had every morning were simply the best eggs I have ever eaten, the waffles also were beautiful along with all of the fresh fruit, cheese and endless types of bread.

I only ate in the restaurant on one evening and again this was fantastic, being a fussy vegetarian eater I sometimes do struggle with having options but there was a huge array of vegetarian food available which was incredible for a country that does not have many vegetarians.

The beds were extremely comfy, I slept like a baby the entire 3 days that I was a guest at the hotel, the rooms were spacious and the TV had a good choice of English channels to watch.

The bathroom was very clean and the shower was very strong and very hot, I even loved the fact that when the mirror steamed up there was still a perfect square in the middle that didn't steam up!

The outside area at the bath of the hotel was like a little dream oasis with 3 sections across some water that had sand that you could sit in and pretend you were on a beach, the drinks were also well priced, obviously a bit steeper than your usual bars but no where near as a high as your usual hotel prices.

I really wanted to try the spa out but unfortunately because my swimming gear was in my missing suitcase I decided to give it a miss but hopefully when I visit again I can give it a go as it looked stunning.

I would most certainly stay here again as I loved Lisbon (reminded me of San Francisco) and I loved the hotel, I shall certainly be back soon!

Room Tip: High up facing the back of the hotel for good views of the Christ statue
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WakefieldBex

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for your comments. We have been working extremely hard to earn reviews such as yours, and we really do appreciate the feedback. I am very happy to learn that the team offered several vegetarian choices.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a superb 5* hotel well away from the centre of Lisbon but with amazing views across to the viaduct and the city.
We were greeted by trainee Catrina and the perfect hostess, Marta. Marta explained all the benefits of the executive club and gave a us a map with worthwhile places to venue.
We booked an executive room (room 2011, 20th floor) and with this comes access to the executive lounge on the 24th/top floor. If you have vertigo this may not be your ideal spot if given a room on the upper floors. If you don't the views are magnificent ! With the executive lounge came breakfast in the private lounge from 7am-11am, fast wifi and drinks (including sparkling white wine) and snacks all day until 10pm. What more could you want ?! Breakfast was all you could ask for, pastries, breads, hot food (eggs, bacon, omelettes to order, beans, sausages etc.), cold hams, cheeses, fruit, organic cereals, soya milk, nespresso machine etc. etc.
The hotel is a little worn but this does not take away too much from its charm. The bed was very comfortable and we had a well stocked bathroom with shower and over a bath, as well as a bidet. Mini bar, nespresso machine and large multi-channel TV.
If you are gym fanatics as we are you will love the facilities here. There is an amazing gym with full CV section and full selection of free weights and machines, as well as power plate and clean stretch mats (towels and water also provided). As if this is not enough there is a beautiful pool. There is also a full spa but we did not make use of this but the treatment prices seemed very reasonable and they have a sauna and jacuzzi if you wish to use them at an extra cost.
In terms of location, the hotel is 12 minutes drive from the airport, cost us €18, there is an airport bus which is much cheaper but takes three times as long to get to the hotel. The nearest metro is Jardim zoologica 2 minutes walk. We visited every sight possible including Belem and taking tram 28 it's full distance to Estrela. June is busy in Lisbon but not as busy and hot as August. Lisbon is not Paris, Amsterdam or Venice but has a totally different feel to other major European cities.
I would highly recommend the Corinthia !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeacefulWarrior67
Reuben M, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It is rewarding to hear that you found us a superb 5* hotel and that you will be recommending us.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Spent our honeymoon here last October staying in one of the executive suites - outstanding service in every part of the hotel.

The pool was beautiful and clean but the one aspect that stood out was the executive lounge where you had breakfast (with chef), lunch & tea-time snacks with beverages all day every day (included in executive package). In a wonderful lounge with internet access, international newspapers and stunning views across Lisbon, you will do well to feel more satisfied!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us following your honeymoon in October and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

It is rewarding to hear that you had a perfect experience with us.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

One of those high end - luxurious even - hotels where you can almost forget in which city you actually are. So propably not best suited for tourism, even if metro is quite close. Populated by bussiness people - had a quite large Deloitte gathering when staying there.

Still - if looking for very comfortable beds, a gym, a warm pool, aircondition and relatively fast wifi plus additional services if you are willing to pay extra - hotel in my opinion has superb value.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Xtrttvllr
Reuben M, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found this experience with us a superb value.

Looking forward to welcoming again in a near future, we remain,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend break in June. Area surrounding the hotel is a little rundown but hotel and grounds are kept in immaculate condition. Initial greeting at reception by young lady who really seemed disinterested in her job. No eye contact, no greeting of any warmth (this is a 5 star establishment) no informal chat. Just get us checked in as soon as possible so that she could get on with her other work. We seemed like an irritation to her. We had booked 2 rooms. Not overly spacious but adequate. Rooms and bathrooms clean. No fault here. I have seen other reviews about the staff here and cannot agree with all of them. On the day of check in concierge service also appered to have little interest in assisting us with getiing our bearings. I had mentioned that we were first time visitors to Lisbon but we had to drag every bit of info from them. Next morning we bought tour tickets from the same lady who had checked us in the previous day and again the interation was minimal. At no time did we feel our custom was appreciated. On the positive side breakfast is a fine affair with attentive floor staff and a great selction of hot and cold food. Best staff member of our short staff was the meet and greet young lady at the restaurant each morning. A happy cheery young lady who had a warm welcome and farwell each morning we ate there. In summary, the hotel is superb, location is ok and the facilities are excellent and what one would expect. Some of the staff, however, let the place down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank dejmurph
Reuben M, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest and constructive review. I really appreciate your comments because it is through these reviews that we can meet our challenges head on.

I will personally look into the issues that you have outlined regarding the check-in and guest services and reinforce our company policies that centre on Craftsmanship of Care. I would like to apologize for the problems your encountered.

We want to keep you as a fan of Corinthia and wish to have the opportunity to prove ourselves again especially if visiting Corinthia Hotel Lisbon in the future.