“Large quality hotel with friendly service and good facilities”

Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Ranked #44 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sydney, Australia
“Large quality hotel with friendly service and good facilities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

During two short stays at the Cortinthia in June I was greeted with good quality service, great facilities and a generous sized room.

The hotel is only a short distance from the airport, and while not in the centre of town, it is a short ride on the metro. There are a few local shops and restaurants in the area, and the hotel is close to the zoo and a couple of museums.

I used the very well equipped gym, which is attached to a spa complex. The breakfasts are good quality with omelettes etc made to order. I had room service for lunch, which was not bad for hotel food.

On my first stay I booked a room which had "views of the aqueduct", but the views north of the hotel are blocked by other buildings so it is not a great view. On my second stay there was a constant noise in my room, but the staff were happy to relocate me.

A few other key things:
- Great bed and bedding
- Good Wifi and desk suitable for working
- Quality iron on request, and good sized safe
- No problems with air conditioning

The staff were friendly with all requests.

Design wise not the most interesting hotel, but it is maintained well and rooms are elegant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up, as they have reasonable views. Rooms at the ends of the hotel have an odd s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Oz_Pete_Travels
Reuben M, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us following your stay in June and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

It is rewarding to hear that the team was friendly and that you enjoyed our facilities.

Looking forward to welcoming again in a near future, we remain,

Email: reuben.mifsud@corinthia.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

From the moment we arrived the staff were professional, helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious with a good view from the 13th floor. Beds were extremely comfortable. Staff were so efficient that when I asked at reception for more hangers and more coffee, the housekeeper had brought them to my room before I had even got out of the lift!

The outside garden area with large TV screen was perfect to watch the World Cup, they even had a Brazilian singer performing before the Brazil match! Drinks and food were brought to your table and when the evening turned a little chilly the staff gave out large warm scarves to wear.

We spent a day in the luxurious spa which was amazing, it had the largest jacuzzi I have ever seen. I enjoyed a massage in one of the treatment rooms and also went into the sauna. I stopped short of experiencing the cold showers!

Fabulous hotel, I will return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Looking forward to welcoming again in a near future, we remain,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The Corinthian is a very modern, large, American style business class hotel. Staff are professional, courteous, efficient and helpful.
There are several high speed elevators that are programmed to take guests directly to their floors.

The hotel is immaculate and modern. The lobby is grand, complete with bar, patio and tea salon. The second floor has a complete business conference centre with amenities.

There is an optional buffet style restaurant that we did not sample, but looked very good.

The room was spacious, immaculate and very comfortable. Robes and slippers are provided for guests. The room not only included a bar fridge, but also a coffee/tea self service in addition to full room service.
British Airway flight staff were seen checking into the hotel.
Major international corporations were noted hosting business conferences here.

The hotel is conveniently located between the historic city centre and the airport. The taxi from the airport to the hotel cost 10 Euros. Taxis are always available directly outside the front of the Corinthian Hotel.

The hotel is also directly across the street from the blue metro line stop Jardine Zoological, making it very easy to self navigate around the city without resorting to the use of taxis. We bought 48 hour metro passes which gave us unlimited easy access to buses, trams and the metro plus the ferry system.

I would highly recommend staying in this hotel rather than the older hotels closer to the city centre. The location is very close to the centre without the additional costs and the location feels safer. The price and quality of this hotel and ease of access to the city centre and airport could not be better.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Serendipity003
Reuben M, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It is by such lovely reviews that motivates us to work even harder to deliver high level guest service throughout the hotel.

I am delighted that you liked all aspects of your stay from the hotel itself to the staff to location and I have passed your kind words to all the team.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at the Corinthia as my husband was attending a conference at the hotel. Our flight had been delayed several hours and as we were arriving late we called the hotel and requested airport pickup. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and arranged the pickup immediately. The room was a good size, the bed was comfy and the breakfast buffet was good. My only complaint would be that there were problems with the phone in the room: every time i dialled room service it went to housekeeping!

There is a really nice terrace at the bar at the back of the hotel: comfy seats, water features etc and it was a lot of fun enjoying a drink there watching the Portugal match during the World Cup!

As it is a business hotel, it is a distance from the interesting, historical parts of Lisbon but on the plus side there is a Hop on Hop off bus stop a few hundred metres behind the hotel. If I were to return to Lisbon to visit with the children, I would probably look to stay closer to the action.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gvamom
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property your comments are very much valued.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and for the lovely compliments. It is rewarding to hear that the quality and attentiveness of the service was exceptional and I have passed your kind words to all the team.

Your comments regarding the telephone in your room are duly noted and shared with our IT team.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night while in Portugal. Drove up to Lisbon from the Algarve and decided to stay here for the night. After being recommended the Corinthia by a friend I booked it through a 3rd party website. Having a hire car made onsite parking essential.

This hotel sure did not disappoint. It surely is a 5 star hotel and deserves each and every one. From the moment I parked the car in the secure underground car park you could see how professional and sharp it is. The lift brings you up to the lobby where there are various tables of beautiful flowers and welcoming staff. Checking in was professional. Also I felt like I was treated like any other guest, even having not booked directly with the hotel. We were offered the choice of a room on a high or low floor. As I was travelling with an elderly relative we chose a low level room on the 3rd floor.

The room was spacious, clean and had all the essentials. The bathroom was big and bright. This is where the only fault I have is, the bathroom floor seemed a little 'sticky'. Another plus was satellite tv with many English speaking channels. Fluffy robs and slippers were also provided for our use.

The hotel's general area's are so elegant. There is a beautiful massive outdoor seating area which stretches the width of the hotel. It was a dull drizzly day when we visited so nobody was taking advantage of this outside space. It looks like it would be a great entertainment space.

We decided to have some drinks and food in the lounge. The lounge is modern, bright and spacious. The staff were extremely friendly. The food, burgers and chips, was top class. There was a restaurant menu also. One of the barmaids/hostesses (unfortunately I don't remember her name) was extremely helpful and provided information about getting around the city.

The following morning we went down to the breakfast room where there was the biggest buffet selection I have ever seen available. The room was big so you didn't have to wait for a table. There was plenty of staff there to assist, clear tables and replenish the food. The selection included: juices, cereals, fruit, yogurts, meats, pastries, bread, hot food such as sausages, beans, rashers etc. They catered for all diets and preferences. I could not fault it in any way.

Checking out of the hotel was swift. It was then that the hotel validated my parking ticket. Parking for the time I was there cost €15.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Lisbon. The airport seems close by (planes fly quite low over the hotel) but don't worry because it seems to be soundproof because I certainly didn't hear them while indoors.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sloping_fungus
Dear Guest,

It is rewarding to hear that you had a night of luxury and that you are recommending us to other travelers.

Paramus, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We rolled the dice and booked this hotel blindly through Hotwire and were not disappointed. It was more of a business hotel than a family or couples destination and the location was not great unless you're planning to use the Sete Rios bus terminal, in which case the location could not be more ideal. The rooms were smallish although not claustrophobic and everything was clean. The service was adequate to good , if not a bit distant which seemed to be more cultural than related to apathy on the part of the staff (definitely not in your face, eager beaver American service).

If you're planning to visit Barrio Alto, Baixa, the Alfama, etc, a taxi is definitely in order unless you're devoted walkers like we are. It's probably 3 - 4 km to those neighborhoods, over uneven cobblestone sidewalks. After walking there and going up and down the hill to Sao Jorge's Castle, we opted to take a taxi back.

The paid breakfast was comprehensive and good, but pricey. There are several additional breakfast options in the neighborhood. We had to catch an early flight on on the morning of our departure and we were pleasantly surprised to see that they put out a free small breakfast of coffee, cereal, croissants and fruit salad; a nice and unexpected gesture. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingMatt66
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you found the coffee to go a pleasant surprise.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at the Corinthia for a week and enjoyed the hotel, the sun and the beautiful city of Lisbon!
Only 15 minutes from the Airport (€10 by taxi) or Metro station (Jardim Zoologic) closeby on a 2 minute walk. By Metro you are downtown in 10 minutes.
Places to see are the Zoo, Belem, a boattrip, Sintra or the Oceanario.
The hotel has a perfect and comfortable service, the staff made us feel very welcome.
If we go to Lisbon again, we think about this hotel for sure!

Room Tip: The higher your room the better the view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TP T
Dear Guest,

It is rewarding to hear that you found us the perfect getaway and that if you return to the city you will be staying with us.