“Too far from the centre”

Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Ranked #42 of 253 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 October 2009

When you get a taxi from airport don't pay more then 10 euros,we got ripped of paid 20 euros on arrival. Took time to book in as they did not have our booking,Nice and clean,our room did not have a hand held powershower. Tea from room service cheap enough 2.50E.
Too far from the centre although metro over the road,(Busy road to cross). Pick pockets & beggers rife on metro. I think the hotel should have a shuttle bus from airport and into the centre for the guests.No information in the room regarding where and how to get there around Lisbon.
If you are a tourist going to lisbon read my report on forum Be Aware Robbers Paradise

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trublu7
There are newer reviews for Corinthia Hotel Lisbon

Reviewed 18 September 2009

Huge five star hotel with excellent facilities and staff. Booked through ebay for £150 for three nights. Great spa and brand new gym, which was empty most days. Breakfast had a jhuge selection and was busy one morning. Swimming pool was 24° but felt cooler, spa staff were friendly and polite. Close to transport links, only negative would be the car parking cost at €18 p/night, but it is a capital city. Close to airport but sufficient sound proofing. Fast internet at €3p/hr I would return at £50 p/room rate !

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Redias, Quality Manager at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for spending your time and sharing your opinion on the product & services provided during your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our new brand spa area.

Comments like yours truly assist us to do better or to address our priorities.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

We stayed in an executive room which was on the 21st floor we had a great view of the viaduct but the room was a bit on the small side. The bathroom very nice with a good power shower. Turn down service was a nice extra and the bed was very comfortable indeed. We had dinner in the restaurant on our 1st night which was very nice and not to pricy but we then made the mistake of having a drink in the bar. ( €13 for a vodica and 7up and €3.80 for a pint needless to say we only had the one) The breakfast was very good plenty of choice, you can also eat out side which is nice. On the negative side the swimming pool is not heated and was freezing cold even though it was 30 degrees out side and the sun deck is quite small. There was also a dog staying in the room next to us which barked every time we moved in our room we complained to the front desk the next morning but luckily they were checking out so we did not have to change rooms.
Overall we very much enjoyed our stay and would return.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimd80

Dear Kim,
Thank you for spending your time and sharing your opinion on the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations regarding the bar of the Hotel and the temperature of the pool. Be sure that your comments will be taken seriously to better serve you in the future.

Hope to have a chance to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon and show you our improvements.

Reviewed 22 July 2009

Got booked trough lastminute.com and got the executive level after showing the reception staff my invoice. Standard business Hotel close to the Airport in the outskirts of Lisboa..
Average income neighborhood around for a hotel with a posh lobby and fancy restaurants...
Agreable amenities although improvable.Limited size room with good amenities and comfy bed..Delicious Club breakfast and view..

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Priv_Dis_Lux
Reviewed 5 July 2009

Great hotel in OK location near Metro. Needs more service throughout. Very dirty room. Response to complaint during and after was consistantly without care. This usually means poor management. What a shame to have a great hotel with poor cleaniless and even less service. We we actually told us we should have complained earlier about a dirty room and filthy carpet at arrival not a couple of hours later after sightseeing. Actually very rude response! Response after was a poor form email. Shame on the Corinthian group for allowing this attitude. Place was cheap and empty; makes you think about why. Owners should visit.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelinman_CA

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing you opinion on the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon and also for bringing to our attention certain deficiencies of our services, i.e., the cleanliness of the room and level of service. We apologize for the inconvenience it might have caused you, be sure that it will not be repeated in the future. We are also enhancing the training delivered on service. The complaint process was revised in order to optimize the solution whenever there is a complaint/suggestion from our Guests.

Comments like yours truly assist us to do better in the future. If you have any further suggestion to help us to improve for your next visit, would you please contact me directly: renata_dias@corinthia.pt.

Reviewed 1 July 2009

As I was to be spending most of my Portugal trip with my family in the North, I didn't feel any need for "local color" or authenticity during my brief stay in Lisbon. I was traveling with my elderly parents and wanted something clean, comfortable, convenient and under $150... the Holiday Inn would be just fine (as the serviceable hotels where we usually stayed Roma and Lutecia had no rooms under$200) . My search turned up a special deal at Hotel Corinthia for 75 Euros a night. The website looked nice, TripAdvisor said it was okay so I went for it.

I will not think twice about where to stay in Lisbon ever again! This was my best hotel experience in Portugal bar none!

The hotel is itself is beautiful and modern, but the stand-out feature of the hotel is its staff. From the bellman in a tophat that seemed to have whisked my luggage out of the taxi before it even stopped, to the friendly front desk Corinthia made me feel as though I was indeed their "guest." At the height of the festival season and with over 500 rooms, that seemed like a feat in retrospect. Even though my Portuguese is halting and I need to speak English for more complicated questions, I never felt condescended to, as I have elsewhere and the staff's English is impeccable!

The room I had was quite large and had a great view. It was attractively furnished and had a pleasant view to the north. (My parents room had a great view of the Aqueduct) The bed was very comfortable and the sheets and pillowcases where soft and cottony. The bathroom was large and shiny with a strong shower and lots of hot water. The only less than stellar items where the leaky toilet and budget hair dryer that was attached to the desk... nowhere near a mirror.

The hotel's location is a bit north west of the central "downtown" area, but a cab ride to the Rossio was about 5 Euros (cabs are cheap and plentiful in Portugal) and the Sete Rios station is one block away for catching the local subway, bus or even transit to other parts of Portugal. The twin towers shopping mall is directly behind the hotel and has a food court, cinema, grocery, pharmacy and book store. Other than that, the immediate neighborhood isn't that exciting, but as I stated it's cheap and super-easy to get around.

With that in mind, we opted for the Hotel's restaurant on our first night. I was less than excited about this option, expecting1 boring, overpriced meal. Again I was pleasantly surprised! The modish restaurant, Tipico, had a variety of Portuguese Style dishes prepared in a contemporary style. The results were definitely tasty and entrees were modestly priced at 14-20 Euros. The wine list is huge and unwieldly, so I just asked the server for her suggestion and was pleased with the result. Over the course of 3 meals my family and I sampled most of the menu. Avoid the pasta dishes, not bad just boring and definitely try the Portuguese fish specialties: all were delicious and elegantly prepared. The maitresse d'hotel, Catia, was warm and inviting, offered inspiring wine selections, and even prepared a special dish for my cold-suffering boyfriend. Breakfasts were not included with our rooms, but I tried the buffet anyway. If you are here on business, go for it... there's lots of fresh fruit and cheeses amidst the stale breads and runny eggs. If you have some time, though, you're best off going for treats at any local cafe.

Access to the top floors is limited to the Executive Club and the pool was not available at the time of my trip. Room service was speedy and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank GloriaWandrous

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your appreciation and warm words on the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

If you have any further suggestion to help us to improve, would you please contact me directly: renata_dias@corinthia.pt.

Reviewed 19 June 2009

Very good relation quality/price. Far from the centre of Lisbon, but really close to the tube and bus stop. Staff helpful and friendily. Is a 5 stars hotel and is not expensive at all. Breakfast have everything you need to make you happy.

Swimming and Spa are not availabe due to refurbishment. Have been at the same Hotel a year ago and was the same... Dont except to swim, unless you go t the beach! Very expensive car park. They charge you 18 Euros after 4 hours

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your appreciation on the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.

Kindly let us inform that the Swimming Pool, Health Club and Spa are already operating. We apologize for the times that you were here and it was not working, please understand that is the biggest spa in the city and it took some time to be fully operational. The goal is to better serve our Guests. Next time you are with us you will be able to enjoy these facilities.