Highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Lisbon. We stayed for 3 nights and were very happy overall. The location is very good. Situated on the picturesque Avenida Liberdade surrounded by upmarket shops, the central area of Lisbon is a pleasant 10 minute walk. Avenida metro station is 2 minutes away and there is a bus stop for the Aerobus to/from the airport nearby. The hotel itself is situated on the 2nd floor of a grand residential block. It is fairly basic but has a warm, cosy feel to it. The rooms are not massive in size but are clean and comfortable. The bathrooms perhaps could do with some updating as water leaked from underneath the bath and flooded the floor. All the staff we came across were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to share tips about their city. We didn't have breakfast included but could pay 5 euros for breakfast if we wanted. We did this 1 morning and it was ok, nothing special. Just the usual standard continental cheese and ham, breads, tea/coffee, orange juice. Was probably worth 5 euros but not spectacular. My only real critisism of our stay is that because the rooms are located on the same floor as the breakfast area, you can hear clattering and banging of cups, plates etc from the staff from about 7am so not the place for a lie in! All in all though, a good hotel in a very good location. We paid just 20 euros per night. You will struggle to find a hotel of similar quality in this area of the city for that price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Dom Sancho I is located on the tree-lined Avenida Da Liberdade, close to Lisbon's shopping and entertainment districts. It offers comfortable rooms with dark wood furnishings and wooden floors.Each room is equipped with air conditioning and a work desk. All rooms at the Dom Sancho are fitted with flat-screen TVs.A varied buffet breakfast is served each morning. Dom Sancho Hotel provides a 24-hour front desk and a car rental service. Laundry and ironing services are also available.The hotel is close to the historic Parque Eduardo VII, and is less than 20-minutes by car to Portela Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Dom Sancho I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencial Dom Sancho i Hotel Lisbon
- Residencial Dom Sancho i Lisbon