“Convenient and affordable hotel”
Review of Hotel Travel Park

Hotel Travel Park
Ranked #106 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Sosnowiec, Poland
“Convenient and affordable hotel”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed at the hotel 2 nights. The hotel itself is in a close proximity to Metro stations Anjos. Downtown can be reached on foot and that takes only 10 minutes walking from the hotel. The rooms are quite specious, clean and comfortable. You can have an access to Wi-Fi internet easily once you obtain a code at the reception. The breakfast served until 10.30 will definitely satisfy your appetite. The choice is rather limited but everyone can find something to put on a plate and eat. The location and easy access from the airport are among of the top of advantages of this hotel. It takes only 30 minutes by subway to reach the hotel. Close to the hotel there are several pastries, restaurants and shops. I would recommend on buying a 6 Euro, 24/ hours ticket enabling you to travel on metro/subway, trams and buses all around the city of Lisbon. Overall, we found the hotel very satisfying. Very good location, close to the city center which can be reached either on foot or by subway, comfy beds and pleasant rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kornomaniac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 4 January 2013

very close to downtown, underground station in front of the building, clean room, attentive staff. what else is needed? Didnt have breakfast at hotel as there is a good cafeteria just beside it. cant find anything bad about the hotel. A taxi from Alfama to there cost us only €3,79 ! Dont bother buying a day card for the metro. plenty of little shops just next to the hotel so you can stock on wine beer etc - hotel has wi.fi in all rooms and a mini fridge. plenty of cable tv channels too.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CrisLoboUK
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Only stayed here one night on our way back from Sintra and Tomar. Got an excellent rate through Booking.com and was very pleased with the hotel overall. Our room was large with hardwood floors and very clean. The bathroom was big and clean as well. Shower was excellent and had many channels on the TV to watch. Metro stop Anjos was a one minute walk from front door with quick and easy access to the old town as well as the airport. Had to leave early so we didn't get to try the breakfast. Hotel clerk recommended lunch at local restaurant Portugalia which was very good! Helpful and friendly staff made it a comfortable stay. Will gladly book this hotel again the next time we are in Lisbon.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I stayed at Travel Park Lisboa for two nights with my wife, for a short (very short infact) trip to Lisbon and its outskirts. I got a deal from British Airways for GBP 280, which included two round-trip air tickets and two nights stay at the hotel! I believe that was quite cheap, and hence I was initially skeptical about the quality of the hotel. But frankly, the hotel was very good and the location was perfect!- near the Anjos metro station (hardly 100m), and relatively close to the airport as well (took only 7 euro with the cab! beware of cab drivers trying to overcharge you). I found the guy at the reception to be really helpful with arranging cabs (on our way back), guiding where to go, how to go, and when to go. The hotel room was very clean too (we had a bathtub as well!- quite surprised with the cheap rate at which we got the deal!). The guy at the reception helped me with charging my camera batteries as well.

Only one complaint which I have is the cab rate which the hotel mailed me on my enquiry when I was arriving at Lisbon. The hotel mailed me that cabs are available for airport pick up to the hotel for 50euros!! I did not reply back tho as I knew this is way too high for the distance. But surprisingly, they arranged for a cab on our way back to the airport and we paid according to the cab meter (only 7 euros!) ... quite mysterious! Otherwise, all good!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I visited at the Hotel in October for 6 nights.
Room was big and clean, big bath, Shower water flow was ok.
Breakfast was good and as a vegetarian I asked for the omelets separated from the meet and the guy in the breakfast room refused! that was the FIRST time EVER I was refused to have a separated scramble eggs in all hotels (and B&B). WHEN I MENTIONED it at the reception (very friendly and helpful girl was there) as a "by the way" that evening she was shocked as well and noted it next to my room number, since the I had AUTOMATIC a plate of scramble egg to my table (by the same guy refused to bring at the first morning). Breakfast had lot of fruits, Cheese, cakes, Yogurt, rolls, toast bread, Juice, Coffee from machine (I didn't like the coffee) I saw some meat things there as well. No vegetables at all!
The place located about 20-25 mins walk to the city center and has a Metro next to it.
Internet from the room worked well (WIFI).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Friendly staff, clean room, excellent breakfast. Had a twin room on the 2nd floor a bit noisy as it overlooked the street. The hotel is close to a tube station and is within easy reach of everything. I would not recommend to walk late at night on the hotel street but never felt really frightened.
The breakfast was great : large choice of bread, cakes, croissants, fruits salads plus cold meat and cheese. A cooked breakfast was also available and good choice of drinks. Everytime, something was missing from the buffet, it was brought back in the next 2 minutes.
Not the hotel of the century but a good standard place, would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I were at the Travel Park Hotel on the first week of October. We had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the backyard. The room was basic, but very clean & of decent size, and had a rather large bathroom with a deep bath (not just a shower!).
There was no balcony, only a large window that opens slightly.
The nice thing about the TP is its location. You walk out and in a minute, you are in the metro (Anjos station). The Lisbon metro is very easy to navigate and we felt very secure. You only have to watch for pickpockets that are targeting tourists.
The TP is a rather new hotel, only 9 years old, and the lobby, bar & dining room areas are very nice. The breakfast served there is very basic, kind of bland, & always the same. There is a small fridge in the room & you can keep a few things in there. Food in Lisbon is very inexpensive. There is also a safe available for 2 Euros/ day.
Our only problem was a big dog in the backyard that kept barking all day & all night long. Even with the window closed, we could hear him. However, the hotel is not to blame for that. They just have a very stupid neighbor who can not take care of his dog.

We did like our stay in Lisbon, although it is not a city as spectacular as Rome or Barcelona. If you like museums & history, this is for you. There are so many museums, churches, monasteries, castles & towers in Lisbon.
We did the cruise on the Tage that take you to Belem & it was very pleasant, plus we stayed at Belem for half a day before coming back. We visited the famous bakery there, & bought some of those Pasteis de Belem. If you want to go there while in Belem, it's a 20 minutes walk from the boat, just past the huge monastery.
The Oceanario, a huge aquarium located in the new development in the north part of Lisbon, is also worth a visit. Just take the metro and go out at Oriente.
Bring good shoes as Lisbon is a city with many small hills & the ground is covered with calçadas, a mosaic like pavement, so avoid heels.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple