“Excellent location”
Review of Lisboa Tejo Hotel

Lisboa Tejo Hotel
Ranked #123 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hotel is situated in the heart of Lisbon near some of the main cultural and historical attractions.
Train station Rosio is very close to the Hotel as well as the bus station where you can take a bus to the airport. Metro station is also just around the corner.
The staff is very kind and helpful. It is rather noisy if your room is situated on the front of the building (main street). There is no free WI-FI.
There is a lot of small restaurants and pasticeria near the hotel. It is very pleasant to drink a coffee or fresh orange juice and eat excellent Portugal cakesor sandwiches every morning in the different one than to have the same breakfast in the hotel.
I would choose this hotel again just because of it's location in spite of the noise in the rooms or some other lacks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenozoik

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Excellent location. Many shops and restaurants nearby.
Nice staff, very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the walls were paper thin so the room was extremely noisy. You hear taxis, trolley cars, garbage trucks...
The other issues to improve is to add free wifi service in the rooms and to provide computers in the lobby for all guests to use for free! You have to pay now for the use of these computers in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask the staff about the volume of the extraneous noises at the check in!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed for three nights at Hotel Lisboa Tejo. The three positives were that the location was pretty good (just two blocks off the main plaza), the staff was helpful, and our room had two nice little balconies/sun rooms. Other than that, our experience was a bit lacking...especially since the price wasn't a great bargain.

The hallways are dark and gloomy, and our room wasn't much better. It badly needs an update...particularly the bathroom, which had disgusting black mold all around the tub and the sink. There was a couch in the room, but it looked filthy so we never sat on it. We didn't mind all the blue colors in the room, but the paint and decor needs some refreshing.

The linens, thankfully, appeared to be pretty new and the bed itself didn't seem old, so we slept alright, but we did need earplugs given that there was typical city noise outside, an oddly loud AC unit, and we could hear water rushing loudly every time the people above us flushed the toilet.

It wasn't a horrible stay, but I doubt we'll be returning if we come to Lisbon again. For the price we paid, I'm sure we can find a better value.

Room Tip: Request a room that's higher up to avoid some of the street noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed 5 October 2013

One thing that is good about this place is the location and that's unfortunately it. Dark, small rooms, ugly decorations - really ugly. Poor breakfast. Relatively nice staff. I will not chose this again when visiting Lisbon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2013

On my recent trip to Lisbon, I spent one evening in this hotel. All I have to say is I am so glad that I only scheduled one night in this place. The walls were paper thin so I was up most the night listening to taxis, trolley cars, garbage trucks, toilets flushing, and drunks returning to their rooms. The air conditioner barely worked so it was a sticky night as well. The bed was uncomfortable and the bathroom was disgusting (mildew all over the place). Their were no toiletries in the room and the hotel was not interested in helping when I asked if I could get any Kleenexes for my nose (I was battling a cold). I would never stay here again. All it has going for it is the location but there are much nicer hotels in the same area for a little bit more money.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel if you want a good room. :-)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located very close to the centre and you can reach most of the attractions on foot. Unfortunately, our room (405) was very disappointing. Mold on the walls, facing a backyard full of garbage and very noisy due to the ac units. Staff seemed helpful. Easy parking nearby at Praca Figueira.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank bebelutel
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Lisboa Tejo is perfectly located and offers good value for money. The breakfast is very good! The rooms are old, even though I appreciate the authenticity (nice floors etc). Very large room! The bathroom was outdated but well, I didn't travel to Lisbon to spend hours in a bathroom. All-in-all, definately worth it!

Room Tip: Mind the somewhat noisy street!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo