“Fantastic family atmosphere”

Ranked #345 of 457 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
“Fantastic family atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Excellent double rooms with nice decor and comfortable, excellent breakfast, staff too available, I recommend 100% a splendid view, very well located near the nightlife, and the monuments of Lisbon recommendations by the staff very pleasant relation to places for lunch and dinner

Room Tip: Family room for groups of 3 or 4 people
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Jablonec nad Nisou, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed in Downtown hostel twice and although it is very well located (Rossio square) we had a problem to find it for the first time. The room was clean, with shared bathroom, nevertheless the bathroom was clean and tidy as well.
The breakfest is free so it was nice start of the day with the scrumbled eggs :) .Free wifi in the lobby was included.
The airport bus as well as the subways is very close to the hotel and the beach is also 15 mins walk.

Room Tip: Haven´t seen any other rooms, but it feels like all the rooms are equipped with the similar stuff, s...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed in Lisbon for two nights in March of this year during a month long tour of Europe. I visited 10 European cities and stayed in hostels in each of them. Out of all of the hostels I stayed in, this was absolutely the best. Here are the reasons why:

Location: You cannot get more central than the Downtown Design hostel. Right on the Rossio, you are steps away from the metro, Barrio Alto district, the tramlines, and shopping.

Breakfast: The best hostel I've had. Delicious scrambled eggs, pastries, toast, and coffee.

Rooms: Airy and large, super comfortable, right next to a well kept shared bathroom.

Management: Rui is an incredible kind and hard working guy. He gave us fantastic recommendations for things to do in Lisbon and its surroundings, as well as restaurants. The best part of our trip was when he took me and my friend with whom I was traveling out to Sintra. We paid 8 Euros each for the transportation and the opportunity to spend time with a friendly local full of great recommendations.

10/10. If you're staying in Lisbon, do not overlook this place. I had a perfect stay and absolutely will stay here next time I come back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Entrocamento, Santarem, Portugal
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hostel beds are very comfortable
breakfast very good and the staff very available to receive and acoselhar customers in their questions.
The cleaning and the beds are always in very good condition for a hostel, the location is close to everything the night Lisboeta and historical areas

Room Tip: Superior double Room 402 or 403
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Great location, friendly staff. Felt at home straight away, stayed longer in Lisbon simply because I enjoyed it so much. Great on site Chef, clean, good food, warm beds, helpful tourist suggestions. Fantastic value! Thank you Downtown Design!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Well I have to say that this is one of the best places I've stayed in for the price it was! I stayed with a friend of mine, and from the moment we arrived we immediately felt at home. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The place didn't feel like a hostel at all; what with a twin room, sheets, towels, breakfast and a truly spectacular view of the Rossio square, for €10 per night each? AMAZING. When explaining all this to our friends who live locally, they couldn't believe our luck! There is honestly no where else I would rather stay if I returned to Lisbon ... I can't wait to stay again!
The only thing I would like to see on my next stay would be some clothing storage ... a chest of drawers in the rooms wouldn't go amiss!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This small Hostel is very well located in the center of it all, near the avenue of freedom where you can go shopping, of Lisbon nightlife, and relatively close to areas of tourist interest, such as Bethlehem

I was three days hosted hosting this unit and I can conclude that the team is very friendly and helpfull, the beds are very comfortable, the breakfast is absolutely fantastic and very varied nutritional good idea to start the day full of energy. The common areas, bathrooms and kitchen are cleaned every day and the rooms are also clean, I advise anyone who has a love affair try out promoting the hostel have "Romáticas Nights in downtown Lisbon." The surrounding area is full of glamor and archaic design, making it optimal to share experiences romantic.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo