SANA Lisboa Hotel
  • Free Internet
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
1,845 results
All reviewsmetro stationbusiness hotelgreat hotelmarques de pombal squareminute walkhop on hopeduardo vii parkbreakfast buffetbusiness tripcity centresteam roomtour busesmodern hotelconvenient locationrooms are spacioushotel barstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Yep, this was one of the best value hotels I've stayed in for ages. I paid about EUR 170 for 2 nights, way below the rack rate. Location good, business centre good, food good, room excellent. Paid EUR 10 per 24h internet access.

Only problem: alarm call. One night I worked late & at c. 1am I booked one for 8am (i.e. 7 hours later) using the automated service. It didn't come & I overslept. The next day I complained & they told me it's not a reliable service because it's technology (NB no apology!) & that I should ask for a manual call. [In my experience, automated systems are more reliable than hotel night staff!] I duly booked a call & the next morning I was wakened by a manual call from reception, plus an automated call that I hadn't re-booked! I hypothesise that when automated alarm calls are booked, they are always delivered the NEXT day. It's logical in a bizarre kind of way. Really, the hotel should sort it out or withdraw the automated service. I bet people have missed flights because of it.

Overall, very good value.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Although this hotel as a corporate feel it is at the top end of that class. The rooms are large and very clean with all the usual ammenities (international tv, mini bar, robes etc). The beds are large and comfortable and the room is well air-conditioned. Breakfast is fantastic with a huge buffet selection. The nearest underground is a two minute walk away and is just a 5/10 minute ride to the major tourist attractions.
I wouldn't recommend this place if you wanted local charm but if you are looking for comfort and cleanliness at a reasonable price it is ideal.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2009

My Mom and I stayed overnight as we were traveling in Europe.

The hotel is well located; only 10 minutes from the airport, near a subway and one of the tour buses stops right in front of the hotel.

The room we had was nice and big for all of our luggage, and everything very clean.
Breakfast was a fantastic buffet of fresh fruit, pastries, beverages (including champagne), and cold cuts/cheeses.

I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Fantastic value business-style hotel. Best breakfast in Europe!

Rooms are very modern & comfortable. Ours had a great view over the city

Service was friendly - although queues for reception sometimes long.

Not much activity in the immediate area. Quite a long walk (albeit not unpleasant) into the old city.

Hard to find carpark so best to use the valet parking service!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank Gl0balTraveller
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I chose this hotel after reading the reviews on here and have NO regrets. Lisbon is a really picturesque city and this hotel is an ideal base. The 'Aerobus' from the airport stops right outside the hotel. The 44 or 36 (these take you into the centre of the city about a mile away) buses stop 40 m away. There is a metro station 150m away, perfect!!

It was my wife's birthday, so I surprised her with a trip to Lisbon. The room was great, clean and functional, exactly what I would expect for a 4 star establishment. The bed was too hard for me but that's a personal thing. The breakfast is very good, with lots of choice. There are 2 PC's near reception, that are free to use too.

Stay here without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple