SANA Lisboa Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$299
US$386
  • Breakfast included
US$512
US$482
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$210
Travelocity
  • Room Service
1,846 results
All reviewsmetro stationbusiness hotelgreat hotelmarques de pombal squareminute walkhop on hopeduardo vii parkbreakfast buffetbusiness tripcity centresteam roomtour busesmodern hotelconvenient locationrooms are spacioushotel barstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Modern, spacious rooms. Very nice bathrooms. The street side rooms may be a little loud but still ok. Very good breakfast. And good location - the center is 15-20 mins by foot and the subway station is next to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2010

This is a large modern business hotel that is well run. Our room was very clean and quiet. The best things were the waterfall shower head and the double pane front window...it opened fairly wide to let fresh air in and then when shut, completely insulated us from street noise from the front of the hotel.

The inclusive full buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant is exceptional with its variety of European and American items. The fresh fruit is awesome and it even has free mimosas.

The hotel is centrally located near a Metro Stop that allows easy access to everything. We were there two days (Sat & Sun) and purchased two day unlimited tickets at the Metro Station. They cover the Metro, Bus to/from Belem and Tram to/from Castle. This may be a Sat & Sun thing but there was even an English speaking Metro service representative in the station assisting with directions and ticket purchases.

Another tip - plan to stay in Lisbon on a Sunday when all of the Museums are free. We started the day in Belem and went to the Coach Museum and the Monastery (both for free) and then we hit the Pastry Place (Pasteis de Belem) for a tasty baked custard tart (yummy). We then hit a great lunch spot in Alfama. The name of the restaurant is Semhora Mae and it is great for lunch. We also went back for Dinner the next night. It is located on the Tram 28 Line just above the Cathedral Se. After lunch, we hit the Gulbenkian Museum in Lisbon (again for free) and we highly recommend you go to see
this collection.

Overall, a great stay in Lisbon and we recommend the Sana Park Lisboa Hotel.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rojuko99
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Stayed at the Sana Lisboa last weekend and was mighty impressed by the hotel. Its a 4 star but can easily pass as a 5 star in some countries.

The hotel is way contemporary with Starck Duravit W/C;s, Hansgrohe fittings, Inda bathroom fittings etc., Dorma door closers etc. The bed was hard like some of the other reviewers mention but its the way I like it. Nice touch with the room numbers, sewn into the carpet flooring in front of the door.

Location was OK, I had a rental so it was easy to move around. Overnight parking was charged at €15.50/night. 24 hours usage of internet (via WiFi) was charged at €10. Buffett breakfast was good and the variety sufficient, nothing to complain about.

All in all I was mighty impressed with the hotel and the cost per night which makes it highly valuable for Lisboa. I am a Platinum SPG and was considering staying at the nearby Sheraton but glad I didn't. I still can't get over the €79/night I paid for this hotel.

So far the Sana brand hotels has not disappoint. I also stayed at the Sana Sesimbra which was good.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dolladrum
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I arrived at the hotel two hours before check in and it was not a problem. I received a room right away. The hotel is very clean, and modern. The hotel staff is average. I felt like they did not want to take the time to answer my questions. This was my first experience traveling in Europe. I asked where I could walk to go to a shopping center, and I was told, but could not understand what was said, because it was said so fast. I asked again, and the same thing occured. I would have expected the hotel to have a map of the local "things to do" where they could have shown me the location, and the name in case I wanted to call a cab or got lost. I did not feel comfortable asking where to go and how to get to places. However, any time I spoke with reception on the phone from my room, they were extremely friendly. Odd.

The room was nice and clean and spacious, however the bed was like sleeping on the floor. Even sitting on it while on my computer, by backside ached. The airconditioning is weak. The room never gets cold, or even cool. The room is very quiet, I was on the 5th floor.

The breakfast was nice. A large selection of fruit, meat, cheese, hot breakfast items and breads were available. I went right at is was ending and I had no problem with selection.

The "business center" consists of two computers. You need to get an acess code from the desk in order to log on for 1/2 of free internet. I opted for the WIFI in my room for 10 EUR for 24 hours. The speed was great, and I had no issues.

The bar was nice and the bartender was extremely friendly and helpful.

This hotel is considered to be in the business area of Lisbon, which means you cannot walk around and entertain yourself. In order to get where the "action" is, you must take transportation, which dissapointed me.

I canceled the last night of my stay due to the bed. If the bed had been nicer would have stayed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank RestlessButterfly
Reviewed 27 May 2010

My wife and I spent three nights at this hotel. It is very modern and up to date. The room and all public areas are spotless.

The hotel is located on a very busy thoroughfare and within easy walking distance to shopping, train station or bus stop.

The included breakfast buffet is outstanding and offers something for everyone. The food was excellent considering the buffet setting.

We found the hotel bar to be pricey but also expected. Because of this, we never tried the hotel restaurant.

Directly across the street we happened upon a small sidewalk restaurant with excellent food and very reasonable. The name of the restaurant is O Cardo Restaurante and specializes in fresh seafood.

We ended up having lunch and two dinners at this restaurant. We had Garlic Chicken, Brazilian Beef, roasted suckling pig and a seafood Parilla to die for. It included lobster, boiled large shrimp, four huge prawns, mussles, clams, crab legs and claws plus the body of the huge crab stuffed "their way". This is a must try dish if you love seafood.

All in all, we enjoyed this hotel very much.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple