“Great hotel for city break to Lisbon”
Review of 9 Hotel Mercy

9 Hotel Mercy
Ranked #75 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Hotel is perfectly located right between Chiado (for daytime) and Barrio Alto (for nighttime). staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were modern and sleek. Even though we had an oddly shaped room on the second floor it was still plenty of space, high ceilings and immaculately done. Hotel common areas were smart and downstairs bar was nice. Attached restaurant was not great, but with all the other options on your doorstep this didn't really matter. Try the "Black Angel" signature drink, delicious! Also check out Leao D'ouro, amazing seafood and great value.

Room Tip: Higher floor would be better, as we were on 2nd floor (205) and had no view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ldn_G8r

Reviewed 31 May 2013

The location of Mercy Hotel is excellent, with both bars and restaurants nearby, and one of the great lookout places over Lisbon just up the road. The 28 tram is 2 mins walk away and the 15 tram to Belem is 5 mins walk.
The room we had was very modern, clean, well serviced and the WiFi worked very well in the room and thru the rest of the hotel.
There is a bar/lounge area at level -1 that is wonderful to sit in and read as well as use as a bar, and I always found it relaxing and quiet. They have a computer AND a printer there too.
The room was a little small, with not much place to put things, and no desk/table to work on, but it was very quiet with double-glazed windows and the bed was excellent. We had 3 nights of very good sleep.
The best part was the staff, not only with their recommendations, but they way they treated us with smiles, chatting and normal friendliness. They were always helpful and willing o solve any dilemmas we might have had and to help make things happen the way we wanted. We never had breakfast at the hotel, but that looked good too.

4  Thank Les_Landau
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I and my wife stayed at this hotel for two nights, and were very much satisfied. The location is very good, in the tasteful district of Bairro Alto and a minute walk from Sao Roque church. Also the area has many good restaurants of various types, and is yet not too much crowded with tourists. The hotel staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. Although we found that we had lost during our trip the power adapter plug and felt unable to charge our iPhones and Laptop, they rented to us their adaptor for free. We felt really relieved. The room was clean and fashionable (though a bit too much). The only problem we had was that I had to try, for some unknown reasons, the WiFi connection procedure many times until I had my lap top connected to their wireless WiFi. After the connection was once established, it was fast and totally OK.

3  Thank Kazuo_and_Hiroko
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We recently spent three nights there. We loved it. The hotel is new, contemporary, at a very central location. The price is reasonable. The hotel staff went all their way to be helpful. We will stay there again if we go back to Lisbon.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the back side of the building. So it was very quiet. But rooms in the front m...
4  Thank Walker201008
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Just got back from Lisbon yesterday. I had an excellent experience at the Mercy Hotel. This is a very central location, close to public transportation and easy to walk to a wide variety of bars, restaurants and shopping. I also liked the fact that it was an easy run down to the waterfront, which is a great place to get a morning jog in. Besides a great location, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice, a very comfortable bed, the WiFi works great, and overall just a very nice place to come back to at the end of a day. A terrific modern option in a great part of Lisbon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Craig P
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed at the Mercy Hotel in January 2013, as it was booked as a Christmas present from my partner and I really can see he picks the best hotels. We had a late flight so didn't get to the hotel until around 10pm, but upon our arrival we were greeted by one of the best welcomes I have had at a hotel. The lady on the front desk (I'm sorry I can't remember her name) was amazing. She took the time to give us a run down of all the best spots in Lisbon, in particular some resturants that we later tried that were amazing. We stayed on the top floor of the hotel and the room was more like a suite than a room, far bigger that usual European standards! Once we got to our room, we then had a knock at the door which was some fruit welcoming us to the hotel, a lovely touch.

As we were late arriving we decided to go down to the hotel bar and use one of the two free drinks vouchers we were given on arrival. As we were also a little hungry the barman offered to make us a snack of sandwiches, again goin above the call of duty.

The hotel is in a lovely location and the staff really do make your stay here. Nothing is too much trouble and they made it a really enjoyable stay! Well done Mercy Hotel!

Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank LisaCla
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I cannot speak of the quality of the hotel as I never got the chance to stay there. It certainly looked like a great place to stay...
I booked on March 18, and on May 20 (five days before my arrival), I received an email stating that there was a problem with overbooking and that we were bumped to another hotel. I'm surprised to have been the overbooked guest, since my booking was made 2 months beforehand.
The hotel we were offered has nothing to do with the boutique hotel style of Mercy, it was a classic hotel that no matter how upscale does not interest my tastes in the least. They offered free breakfast, but I specifically chose no breakfast at Mercy because I do not want it.
The hotel could have handled this more appropriately. With such short notice, I cancelled the reservation and have found an alternative. Shame on Mercy! Will not attempt to stay here again, as they can cancel you just one week before your vacation!

3  Thank cyaincan
Teresa F, Gerente geral at 9 Hotel Mercy, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Sir,
Further to your comment which deserved our very best attention, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by the overbooking.
Our overbooking was caused by the fact that we had to do some works on part of the internet structure of the hotel that provides TV service. Therefore,our room inventory was reduced from 47 to 27 rooms and we had to relocate several guests into other hotels in Lisbon. The provider gave us short notice and we had to accept it because the problem was getting worse every day. The problem is now totally solved.
We would like to invite you to a free 2 nights' stay at Mercy Hotel so that you can experience and enjoy our Hotel. We will send you by e-mail a voucher.
All Mercy Staff looks forward to welcome you at Mercy Hotel.
Best wishes