“Good morning makes every morning good!”
Review of Goodmorning Hostel

Goodmorning Hostel
Ranked #7 of 498 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed 27 March 2014

It was an amazing place to stay and it has won a ton of awards and it was easy to see why, we arrived at 11am, check in 3pm. They welcomed us, sent the cleaner to our room to get it done, offered us the free breakfast which runs from 8am till midday, waffles, bread, fruit, coffee, tea it was amazing. The waffles are made right in front of you and served hot and fresh, bloody amazing. It is so good, on it's 2nd birthday which it just celebreated in early March (2014) it was awarded the 4th best hostel in the WORLD!! An amazing achievement and it was well deserved.

This place has events, from cocktail nights, to traditional drinks, to food, to pub crawls, free walking tours, castle conquering basically everything you need. The staff have a way to engage you with Lisbon. They do this in one of the most simple ways, when Sam and I would go out for the day and return in the early evening they would hang their heads over the stairs and look down to see us walking up, a friendly wave and smile and then you reach the top and have a conversation about your day, after 2yrs they have heard probably most stories about people spending the day in Lisbon, but they listen and they are genuine about it as well. That's how simple it is to make a place feel so much more welcoming then standing behind a desk and smiling as you walk past to your room.

The other great thing about the staff, when they tell you things to do, they don't shy away from telling you what not to do, or if you don't do this you won't miss anything, its great to hear that from staff, honest about what is worth our hard earned Euros.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
GoodmorningLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Goodmorning Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Wow! Thanks guys! So good to know that you liked our goodmorning events! We will be waiting for your next visit! :-)

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I booked this hostel for three nights.
I supposed to spend four days in Lisbon and four around Portugal.
At the end a spent all of my holidays in Lisbon in the good morning hostel
I arrived to the hostel and the staff was so nice.
The first day they suggested me to join the free walking tour where I had the chance to have a first impression of Lisbon... The day after an amazing member of the staff called Duarte bring us up to Sao Jorge's castle, (better then a professional guide) showing and explaining us all around, passing through tiny street walking up to the hill where u can find the castle. After he drove all the group to the flea market and then to a typical Portuguese restaurant (Santa Rita) with very nice and cheap food!
One of the best memories of this trip is the breakfast, wake up every morning and have such a rich breakfast with cereals milk tea coffee and waffles is marvelous, this kind of breakfast is impossible to find in the other hostel... and then you won't find a simple waffles.... Tatiana's waffles are the specials one!!! Nothing can be batter to start a long day with a hearty breakfast and finish your day with a master chef cooking class of João... A very tasty dinner make you sleep better!!! If after dinner then you don't want to go out cause u feel tired this is not a problem... Ask to Anna,Ania or blonde ... depends how u want call her and she can prepare for you delicious cocktails ... Actually I'll say the best one! Ask for a polish style and you won't regret!!! What push me to write this review on T.A is the passion about their job and how they do that make you feel Just happy!!! I never had such a cool experience like this in a hostel before .... Music, food, culture and night out is the perfect recipe for an unforgettable trip! I just wanted to mention another member of the staff which was more then cool ...Laura ... Take the responsibility to bring 30 hungry and thirsty people out for dinner and then clubbing is not for everyone...
What also is really cool in the hostel is that u can find people from 20 to 50 years old!!!
Thanks to other 3 fantastic member always smiling and ready to help you in any situation... Magda the smiley one and Vitor ...they were very helpful...
Last one,but not less important is the night receptionist Joao R. Who better then a night shift concierge knows how is work a night life in Lisbon?
and then is useless to mention the the room are very comfortable with socket, shelf and light next to each bed... Toilet and shower clean as a whistle!!! What else...
Are u thinking to go to the good morning hostel?
Don't think do it!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Alessio Z

Wow! We can see that you had goodtimes with us! :-) That makes us more than happy! All the staff says hi! See you soon, and safe trips!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Excellent service, staff, rooms, location etc! Very good hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. Lots of events and happenings arranged by the hostel every night, perfect for a solo traveller. Made my trip brilliant!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sanna J

Dear guest, thanks for your review! We really hope to see you again. We love Lisbon and we want to share it with you!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

i have lived in goodmorning hostel for 7 days and i can honestly say ai felt at home. raccomended for all kinds of travellers. the staff is great (they are so friendly) the hostel is very clean and breakfast is free. the atmosphere is so cool relaxed but at night if you want everybody is ready to party. i relly didn't want to leave....awesome!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest, thank you so much. Your review is really important to us :-) Safe trips!!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here unexpectedly as an extra night in Lisbon when I lost my passport but I was so lucky that I happened to pick this hostel! The staff are so friendly and really helpful as well, absolutely outstanding. I really enjoyed an evening cooking Portuguese food and chatting with the staff and other guests! I picked a private room on the top floor of the building in the eaves of the roof which was quirky and really spacious, containing a double bedroom with a small storage/dressing room off it, a little sitting area and a shower room, almost like a mini apartment. If I return to Lisbon I would certainly make this first choice to stay at again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your review! We have an amazing staff, :-) and they really love what they do. Hope you visit us again!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed at Goodmorning hostel for 2 nights, the first in a private room with ensuite and the second in a dorm when my friends arrived. The private room was so amazing it could be a B&B! At the value for money, comfort, and amazing location, I would recommend to my parents to book the private room at goodmorning if they were going to Lisbon! The dorm was great too - I was staying with all friends so less concerned with storage space, etc. - but the beds were comfortable and there were tons of outlets so we could all 4 charge our phones at once :-)

Other great things - the waffle breakfast was delicious, the location was amazingly central and the aerobus from the airport dropped off right across the square, and the staff were super helpful planning our weekend travel. The decor was adorable, and we met some other travelers at breakfast who joined us for site seeing. Would absolutely stay again if I return to Lisbon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GirlOnTheRoad4Life

:-) Good to know you loved your stay! Waffles will be here, so you have to visit us again!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The staff is warm, friendly and very helpful. I broke my spects on the way from Faro to Lisbon and did not have a spare. A staff member was kind enough to accompany to the nearest store (I was practically blind!), They give you the best suggestions on where to go and what to eat. The evenings were totally awesome free sangria, karaoke and I was lucky to be lodging with a great bunch of people. Great atmosphere. I did not feel like I was travelling solo. Pity I could not go for the pub crawl!!
To Duarte, Tatiana, Joao, Vitor, Joana and rest of the staff. Keep up the great work. It was a pleasure staying at Goodmorning Hostel. Cheers!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much! Good to know you loved all our events! We are waiting for next visit! ;-)