“Perfect stay in all ways”
Review of Lisboa Carmo Hotel

Lisboa Carmo Hotel
Ranked #22 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Lisboa Carmo Hotel twice over the course of one week in November 2013 and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The location is fabulous as it's within the historic part of the city, but it's a quiet street. We didn't have any noise issues.

The design and décor are perfect: clean, modern lines with small pops of color and interesting art pieces. The bathrooms are modern and spacious, as are the rooms. Our room had a window that opened up for a beautiful view of the water and city skyline.

My sister and I still talk about the amazing breakfast buffet, complete with lox, fresh pastries and fruit, espresso-based coffee drinks made to order, and hot items too. This is a breakfast to write home about in terms of freshness and variety.

The front desk attendants are helpful and were able to recommend restaurants. And, they were too kind to say anything when I ate the chestnuts out of their front-desk display. I thought they were for eating, but in hindsight, they were not! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the waterfront.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank HoyaRowing
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

A nice relatively small hotel at the edge of the old section of town - updated rooms, great breakfast and quiet. But the real strength of this hotel is the staff. They really went out of their way to meet my needs.

Room Tip: nice view fro the upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I would gladly give 4-stars if the front desk would not be so clueless with the exception of one employee.

1. We stayed 4 nights in the fall of 2013. There were 3 false fire alarms during our 4-day stay. It would not bother me but their a/c system and the internet would stop working as a result, every single time, and the front desk would do nothing about it for hours.
I had to call the front desk every time and would get a response that they are not aware of any problems. One would imagine that after 1-2 alarms they would figure out to reset their a/c and internet systems after each fire alarm.

2. It took a great effort to check-in for our flight because their internet was not working, again.
The front desk wasted a lot of my time by keep re-setting my netbook instead of fixing their internet connection. Luckily, there was one competent employee at the front desk who solved the problem.
I found out that the hotel has two internet connections, one for hotel itself (the reliable one) and the other one (unreliable) - for guests.
3. At the checkout our bill included a bogus charge for the transfer to the hotel.
When I objected, it was taken out.

Does it sound like a care-free stay?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sdancer2
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

A lovely, inviting hotel and worth every cent after my 32-hour epic journey from Australia. Rooms were soundproofed, very clean and with all the necessary modcons. Friendly staff, lovely breakfasts. Big thanks to Paul (or maybe Paolo?) from the adjoining restaurant for loaning me his own ice packs after a knee injury. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel turned out to be an excellent choice for our 3 nights stay in Lisabon. The location is perfect with walking distance to everything interesting. The breakfast buffet is really good with both hot and cold fresh items, such as scrambled eggs and fresh cut fruits. The room we had was a standard room and the size was good with a lovely big double bed. Very clean and the bathroom likewise. Two reasons why I don't give them 5 stars: 1) I had requested a room on the higher floors 6 months before, but was given a room on the first floor... They said that they were fully booked, so there was nothing they could do about it.
2) I wish they had told me in the confirmation mail that they had an agreement with a taxi company. When we arrived in the airport we found a taxi, and this turned out to be a nightmare! The taxi had a taxi meter, and when we arrived at the hotel it said 11 EUR. But the taxi driver said 24 EUR and wouldn't let us out before paying. Fortunately I managed to open the door and a police officer was standing there. He helped us and the Easten Europe looking taxi driver drove on! The hotel told us that we had been lucky and that we did the right thing. They then tell us they have a agreement with a company, which we then used on the way home. With no problems... So be aware of this.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toshipia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A very comfortable four star hotel right in the of the city. Convenient for all the sights and public transport. Many good restaurants close at hand. Large well appointed rooms,great choice at breakfast, didn't try the restaurant but the menu didn't inspire me. Staff spoke good english and were very helpful

Room Tip: rooms not overlooking street are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in a very central location. Rooms really nice and comfortable, staff really friendly & helpful. Breakfast was so good with a great choice and very very relaxed.
Hotel fronts onto a beautful square, with shops 2mins away and nightlife in bario alto less than a 5min walk...cant fault it and would highly recommend

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple