1,111 results
All reviewscharming squaregreat locationsmall squaresanta justa liftpastrieswelcome drinkshower headrossio train stationsmall hotelquiet at nighthotel restaurantlovely hotelwould highly recommend this hotelloved this hotelcentral locationdouble bedcity break
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel has amazing staff, who are very friendly and hospitable, and genuinely care about looking after the guests properly. As for the hard product side of the hotel, however, unfortunately it suffers a bit from what I like to call "design hotel syndrome," meaning that too much emphasis has been put on making things look good or "cool," to the detriment of comfort and useability.

What I liked:

-the staff are amazing

-the breakfast is pretty good

-the location was in the center of everything (if you are obese, decrepit, or physically challenged in some other way, you might want to choose a hotel in lower town or on the Avenida da Liberdade)

What I did not like:

-the "nice" soft, brown chairs in the dining room are horrible. They are not "chairs." They look good, but they are far too low, far too soft, and they sloped backwards besides. They are utter torture to sit in. You can observe most guests either attempting to perch themselves on the front ledge of the chairs, or as this case with most men, you see them doing some kind of contortionist thing, either sitting frog style or crossing their legs some strange way. Hotels that choose this sort of furniture made for aliens, by people who do not deserve to be called "designers" and do not deserve to have jobs really disturb me. There are some normal chairs in the dining room, but then you have to subject yourself to having breakfast with families with obnoxious children every morning. I opted for the obnoxious children over the excuse for "chairs."

-the room has a bad chair also. Another piece of design garbage. One of those things with a flat, round, chrome base, too low for comfort, wobbling and squawking all over, and the back on the chair too low also. It is a complete displeasure to try to sit at the desk and use it every day.

-the stupid design sink: tiny, shallow, rectangular, raised up, with a large faucet hanging over it from the left side, making it hard to reach the cold water control because the stupid faucet gets in the way. Put a small amount of water in the sink to shave, put your hands in, and water goes all over the counter and all over the floor. Put your face over the sink to wet it, and risk gouging your head or eye with the faucet. Like the furniture, the sink design is a complete failure.

- The shower may have been big enough, but as per usual, someone was so concerned about looks that they did not want to provide any ledges or racks for soap, shampoo, or conditioner. Just stupid; you have to have your soap bar and shampoo floating around on the shower floor. Bend over to pick things up and your butt pops the door open and water goes everywhere. If you position yourself so as not to pop the door open with your butt when you bend over, then you run the risk of cracking your skull or gouging out your eye on the hard, sharp, metal parts for the shower controls and for hanging up the shower.

-The shower controls? Forget it. Almost totally smooth cylindrical "taps." They have one tiny notch on them. I could not turn them half of the time, so I "hammered" on the notches with the squared off shower head, and I do not have weak hands by any means. Shower design is another failure by someone who deserves to be unemployed. Read other "average" reviews and the shower issue will come up repeatedly.

-wi-fi did not work very well. It is impossible to watch a news video clip or anything on youtube. Pages take too long to load, and sometimes, information was actually missing from e-mails, information that eventually showed up. This caused me some trouble.

-as in most hotels, they do not "take care" of the mattresses. They clearly do not get turned periodically. I had a double bed in a small room, likely used for single guests. The mattress on the accessible side of the bed that was not against the wall was like sleeping in a hammock. Quite uncomfortable. Overall, the beds are too soft for my liking anyway. Sleeping in the bed was hard on my neck and it was hard to breathe comfortably because of what the bed does to your neck/airways.

Conclusion: The staff is awesome, the location is good for active people, but the hard product of the hotel is a huge failure. At $150-$200 a night, would I stay here again? Probably not. For that kind of money, a hotel had better provide a great hard product in addition to a great staff. For a $100 a night I might consider putting up with the lack of comfort, but I doubt that such prices would ever be available. Every failure in the area of hard product could have easily been avoided if the people choosing the amenities for the hotel had had brains in their heads.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank mari99
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a family room (410 and 411) and stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. It is perfectly located centrally in the town, between shopping streets and restaurants. Nothing is far from the doorsteps. The hotel is fairly new, so everything is fresh and clean. Breakfast was super and the service we experienced was super! The only thing we didn't like, was the dinner-experience we had on the square outside where we had the restaurant connected to the hotel serving us. Would recommend to find something else. Wifi worked perfectly. Parking in the hotel-garage was good, even though getting the car down and up again without a scratch was a test. I would not recommend anyone to drive in this city :-)

The trip to the airport was easy on a saturday morning, but you will have to count in much more time if you go on a week day.

I will recommend this hotel to everyone wanting to stay just in the middle of it all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Pros' of this hotel:
Perfect location
REALLY good breakfast
wonderful views from windows

The only con was I thought the service could have been better. One girl was amazing and so nice and helpful, with some of the other staff I felt like I was bothering them. For instance we booked a superior room with wood floors. When we arrived the gave us a room with carpet that was not one of the superior rooms-but said they would move us the next night. Well who wants to move once they are unpacked and settled??? I said no but would like the rate for that room instead of the superior rate. They said NO. I was like what??? Seriously???
When we checked out I brought it up again and the gave us off 10 Euro's a night, but it was a bit nerve wracking. Also the halways here are very dark and need better lighting. But if you can get this for a good prcie the location and brekfast included, and old world charm make it a very nice stay.

Room Tip: a high up, corner room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stylish boutique hotel within walking distance to Lisbon’s tourist attractions.
We had a small room but it was chic.
Fabulous breakfast that included sparkling wine!
Nice service and ambience. Short walk to transport and cafes/restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chadpond
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here from August 29th for 3 nights. This was the last trip was the on my European Tour. The hotel is right in the centre of town. The rooms are very good. We had two connecting rooms. We were able to go round the town, see all the sites and we were in the centre of shopping area.

A lot of food a lot of sites were all around us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family