“Yummy Chicken Piri-Piri, Grilled”

Restaurante Cervejaria Santiago
Ranked #3,506 of 4,296 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Had a tasty supper with a starter of bread [roll]. Note that the dishes come with "french fries", but one can substitute rice or boiled potatoes. I had the rice and my husband chose the boiled potatoes....Both items were good.

The price was very reasonable for a complete dinner....Less than 10 Euros per person. I would recommend for local fare at a fair price, and the District Rossio is the BEST for restaurants. The waiters were very personable and helpful...

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Cervejaria Santiago

Reviewed 21 October 2013

First time we have been in this restaurant we thought of leaving directly. The starters they brought were sealed in plastic bags (bread) or packed (cheese, tuna souce etc.). Not the best impression.

But we decided to stay and this was the right decision.

The fish menues were really awesome. Also the side orders were great (but simple).

I recommend that you try on your own. We did twice and definitely do not regret. It was the best fish we had during our 3 weeks travel through Portugal.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

One of many restaurants in the street with waiters outside enticing you in. We chose this one because you can see the fresh fish and cuts of meat waiting to be cooked on the charcoal grill inside. I chose Arroz de Mariscos which came piping hot in its own pot. There was much more rice than seafood, mainly small prawns, one piece of lobster and crab claws that I couldn't break into. I chose this dish in other places on our holiday which made me realise how poor this was. My husband chose a T-bone steak from the meat on display, but it came off the bone which made us wonder if it was the same cut of meat. Also they brought it well done - why do they assume this is how the English like their meat cooked? The service was good and friendly, and it was fun sitting outside watching people pass in the street. Fairly pricey for the quality.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Not stunning at all and pricey , food was OK but could have done with fresh veg not tinned asparagus for starter , also don't ask for mayo - charged 95c for this !

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Came here on our last night in Lisbon , think the waiters are in competition to get you in . Right in the middle of a main drag of restaurants, most took the outside tables. Good value for money , esp if you don't make use of the starters ( cheese looked pricey). Staff seemed to talk most languages , although the Danish group sitting next to us were a bit of a challenge. Food was good , I had the rack of ribs , my wife had the grilled chicken. Fast service , but interesting to see the buzz in the street while we were waiting. Think the only criticism was that the table was a bit wobbly , but put that down in the main to the Portuguese paving. A good choice.