“Keep out this restaurant” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Cervejaria Santiago

Restaurante Cervejaria Santiago
Ranked #3,187 of 4,016 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Oslo, Norway
“Keep out this restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is the worst restaurant we have visited. We have travellled aal over the world, but such a terrible restaurant should be hard to find.

• Visited April 2014

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

A local restaurant, nothing fancy but right opposite the Gulbenkian. We dodged in here to get put of the rain and were glad we did.

Great value and ideal for a simple portuguese lunch.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scottishjourno26
Sydney
“Awful - do not eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I am not sure why I visited this restaurant. There was no one else there and I was talked into it by a pushy waiter hawking for business on the street.
I ordered a steak from the display window and it was supposed to barbequed on their charcoal grill.
What arrived at the table was an insipid tasteless piece of cardboard that could not possibly be the piece I ordered.
The bread I had for starters was stale. I massively overcharged for nibbles (bread and cheese) and drink (one beer) so that my 10 euro steak turned into a 32 euro bill. This was by a long way my worst meal in Portugal, and the most expensive. At the end the waiter insisted I pay a service charge even though at the start the prices were said to be all inclusive - I paid up just to get out of there. He gave me his business card so that I might return - I kept so that I might write this review!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NotFussy74
Budapest, Hungary
“It's Ok - just”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We were not to chose this one, but seeing how packed all restaurants were on a Sunday night, we gave it to the pretty aggressive agitator - who helped us all along in English, which was helpful in the end actually.
The place was packed with locals - we always consider as a good sign. Not this time.
Unfortunately the food turned out to be rather mediocre; shrimps in garlic too oily, boiled vegetables as of from an alien planet, the tomatoes pink - instead of healthy red...
We also ordered a grilled lobster - that was really good.
Smoking is still allowed, which was unusual for a n
orthern visitor and some horrible smells from kitchen steamed out every now and again.
The staff was friendly and made up to a large extent for all the other serious shortcomings.
And it was not cheap... Unlikely, we'd return...

London
“Pretty uninspiring, not good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I wouldn't recommend this place, although in general around the area there aren't a huge number of decent places to eat which is a shame. I ordered the wild boar and it was basically inedible, burned on the outside, raw inside. The cut was terrible - all bones and grissle. My wife ordered the chicken which was a little better.

It's basically just a tourist trap with food that isn't good at all. Unfortunately, a large proportion of the restaurants in central Lisbon fit this description. The drug dealers also plague this street - that really needs dealing with.

• Visited January 2014