“Good For A Quck Bite Away From The Noisy Downtown”

Nosolo Italia Lisboa Praca do Comercio
Reserve with
Nosolo Italia Lisboa Praca do Comercio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #844 of 4,503 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: US$18 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you came all the way to Portugal to eat pizza, you might be disappointed. Having said that, we enjoyed this restaurant as it is away from the downtown eateries sandwiched between the noisy streets and crowds.

The staff, a lot of lot of cheerful young people, was pleasant and the service fast.

Sit in the shade, refuse the breadsticks, have a (small) salad and a drink and you won't likely be disappointed.

Oh yeah, that 'cash only' thing, don't believe it. I saw the cashier take a credit card from the person in front of me. I asked her about that, she said it's only 'certain' cards (Amex, perhaps?) they don't accept. Hmmm...

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Wow. This place was bad. Really bad. Like I'd rather jam a fork into my own eyeball before eating here again kind of bad. Yes...it's a tourist trap. Yes...we knew this upon sitting down. But we had tried other spots in the Placa do Comercio and they were ok...so how bad could this place be right? Well my friends, let me tell you how bad. The service was slow. Really slow. In a race between a sloth and these waiters, my money is on the sloth. And then, while the pizza looked good. The pizza was a lie! A deception of the Dark Lord. We ordered a nice pizza with arugula and cherry tomatoes and some nice crispy pancetta. Sounds good doesn't it? Your mouth is watering at the thought isn't it? However, the sauce was...well it was red. That's all I can say about the sauce. The crust was soggy and gooey. And the crispy pancetta was almost raw, soggy, pieces of glistening bacon lard. I think they took strips of raw bacon, peeled off all the actual meat and laid the raw strips of fat directly on the pizza to cook in the oven with the rest of the pizza. Well my friends, let me tell you that their strategy failed quite miserably. To their credit, the arugula was just fine.

In summary. Don't eat here. Don't even think about eating here. Just keep on walking. You, and your stomach, will thank me.

2  Thank TexArcanada
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Nice italian restaurant with good prices and good food. It is located in one of the best squares of the world with a great view of the river and with a lot of animation.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the third time we eat here and a lot more times in the Nosolo at Vilamoura and I can't understand the complains of some of the other reviewers. Never have keft Nosolo with a bad taste or hungry. It's really the opposite, because the food is very good, the scenic views are great and the inside room is very good. The staff is great too. So, i don't really see the "tourist trap" in here.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

TERRIBLE food!!! How can any restaurant go so wrong with pizza!?!? Nosolo Italia can. Yes, this is a tourist trap and we knew this, we were just extremely hungry and wanted something quick to avoid a headache. BIG mistake. Pizza was extremely bland. The sauce clearly came right out of a tomato puree can. The dough was tasteless. Smothered with cheap mozzarella cheese to disguise the tomato puree. Pineapple and ham were placed after the pizza came out of the oven.

DO NOT eat the packaged bread sticks placed behind your plate unless you are willing to pay €2 for the three sticks inside the package. You are never advised that there is a charge for them until you get to the till. Be also aware that if you do eat them that they charge you correctly for the amount of packages you eat. Had my partner not checked the bill (which we always do) they would have charged for all 4 packages versus the one we had. Also they only accept cash.

Two starving foodies learned their lesson.... A headache would have been better to deal with than the meal we had at this place.

2  Thank abc1two3