“Lunch at Mason Andaluz”
Review of Meson Andaluz

Meson Andaluz
Reserve with
Meson Andaluz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #290 of 5,026 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: US$21 - US$47
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodré
Description: Andalusian Gastronomy in Travessa do Alecrim. On your way down from the Chiado hill to Cais do Sodre, you'll find Meson Andaluz in a restaured seventeenth-century building with brick arcades, where the tapas are the star. The list of wines includes Spanish and Portuguese names, and the renewed list, Iberian and with new names in it, stands out for its quality and modernity, without losing the essence of the traditional flavors. Be it on our terrace or in the interior iluminated by a small light, the atmosphere invites a degustation of a tapas, raciones and charcuterie's festival.
Reviewed 19 November 2012

From a very wet, cool & miserable day in Lisbon, three of us entered the restaurant by chance and what a delight it was - we were greeted immediately, the decor is warm, welcoming & spotless, service was excellent, great food & wine. Whilst not cheap, if you are used to paying 'good value' London prices it's fine
Of the places we dined in Lisbon this was the definitely the best & it made a welcome change from 'typical Portugese Food'

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed 11 November 2012

The food is excellent, the staff is very friendly and professional. I spent three days and three nights in Lisbon and I visited this restaurant three times. I recommend it to anyone who come to Lisbon. Thanks to the best staff who recommended me where to go and what to visit in Portugal. Thanks that they find a cheese what we asked from the first day.

1  Thank Zlatko P
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This restaurant was very close to our hotel so we decided to give it a try. Our table was stuck in a back corner alcove looking into the service hatch of the kitchen which was not ideal. I found our waiter slightly aggressive to begin. He refused to show us the wine list, instead trying to convince us that their house wine was all we would need. It turned out to be good, but I did not enjoy the stubbornness.

Saying that, however, the food was excellent. I had lamb shoulder that was excellently cooked and was a good sized portion. My father had lamb cutlets which looked great and my Mum had a collection of tapas, which she loved. They have a nice selection of different coffees as digestifs and the staff in general were very welcoming and helpful. Overall a very positive experience, just wish we could have seen the wine list!

Reviewed 10 November 2012

After wondering around Lisbon we came across this restaurant and I must say it was a diamond find. We ordered the Chefs Taste Discovery and there was not a single dish which was not absolutely superb not to mention breath taking local wine. Our waiter was incredibly friendly and attentive and we felt as if we were at home. I would highly recommend visiting this restaurant if you are in Lisbon it is simply an experience not worth missing. Our waiter also recommend some sites that we should see while in Portugal which led on to a perfect second day. I look forward to visiting this restaurant again.

1  Thank Oliver H
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We went to this amazing restaurant and had the best food while in Lisbon. The Service is beyond excellent, and the food, especially the Tuna is some of the best we ever had. We ended up having tre desserts and got Amarreto on the house Portugiese style.. All in all a perfect romatic evening in the perfect settings in Lisbon.