“Great shoes, superb service!”
Review of Sapataria do Carmo

Sapataria do Carmo
Ranked #18 of 198 Shopping in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: The "Sapataria do Carmo", founded in 1904, is one of the oldest, smallest and charismatic shoes shops in the center of Lisbon. This shop is dedicated exclusively in selling handmade shoes, made by the best craftsmen from the Portuguese footwear industry. The 240 old fashion numbered shoe boxes, displayed on the walls, show the unique decor of the 50s. Here, you wiil find a modern range of models that are of a supreme quality and make you tiptoe in the excitement of trying them on!
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Superb shoe shop, for men and women, with magnificent service! Small space, classic styles - do yourselves a favour and buy your shoes here!

1  Thank pearlandmike

Reviewed 5 April 2014

During our short stay in Lisbon, we've visited this little shop. The host offered us a great selection of shoes of very high quality. If you're looking for a great pair of handmade Portuguese shoes, this is a good place to start.

2  Thank Hao896
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

On reading other reviews I was excited to pay this shop a visit but never expected to be able to afford the lovely pair of boots I now have. The sales professional was extremely helpful and friendly. Although I didn't see exactly what I wanted on display, by describing what I was looking for he was able to go into his storeroom and quickly return with several good options, one of which ended up being my new boots.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We first visited this store in November 2010, found it suddenly having a stroll in the evening lights at the top of Santa Justa Elevator.
The owner (I guess he wa the owner) was a very gentile and nice man, who showed us the most beautiful shoes in the world, and even helped us to try them on.
The store itself inside looks like a 19-20th century boutique, and the owner was imposingly mowing across it, hiding behind the door (of the stcok?:-)) and slightly emerging with a new pair of matching size. We felt like at a perfomance, held specially for us.
we bought 3 pairs and... we still have them. it is an uncomparable pleasure to wear those boots and shoes.
in a couple of weeks we are going to visit Portugal once again, and Sapataria is definitely the mandatory place to stop in.
I wish you guys keep the goods and your wonderful atmosphere and service at the same highest level!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you would go to Lisbon and would like shoes, I really recommend this shop.
You will be able to see not only nice shoes but also nice guy.
He will explain very friendly and kindly to you.
I was very impressive!
Thanks and see you soon!

1  Thank Masafumi2014