“Absolutely Wonderful”
Review of Float in

Ranked #1 of 45 Spas & Wellness in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Float in, a special kind of spa. Well in the heart of Lisbon, Float in brings to you a unique Spa concept, that among several massages and spa treatments, has an innovative method of relaxation - The Floatation Therapy.At Float in you will find a place of serenity, with relaxing sounds and a quiet environment. In all floating and massage rooms you will find an exclusive design and the comfort of private showers where you have towels and hygiene products available for your use.Visit Float in enjoy the perfect well being experience, that will leave feeling like if you were floating...
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Absolutely Wonderful”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Wow what a life time experiene. After a long travel from Australia I went straight in there It was fantastic. I came out so fresh and relaxed and the jet lag was over.The girls are so nice and professional that you are swept away. The place is so clean and tidy. Amazing staff always have a smile. I will definitely recommend.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your amazing review.
Long flights really do take a toll on us, we are pleased we were able to help you relax from the jetlag.
From our space to our staff, we do our best trying to provide the best relaxing experiences, we are glad Float in was your choice to achieve just that.
We hope to receive you again if you ever visit Lisbon again.
Best wishes,
Float in Spa

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Stress, what stress?! ”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I took the Float In Supreme package, which includes a relaxing massage, floating session, tea and Oriental massage. Firstly, the logistics:

Total: 4 hours including the in-betweens (shower, hair drying, billing, etc.). Advertised as 3 hours.

Facilities: Complete, compact, clean and relaxing. It's definitely a modern establishment, though they do try to maintain links with the olde worlde of spa traditions. Ladies, they provide complimentary make up remover + cotton pads, shampoo, shower gel, disposable underwear (though apparently you can float wearing your swimmers) and good hair dryer. Need to bring your own hair brush and cotton buds. Accepts credit card.
Staff: Very friendly, professional, fluent in English. The blonde lady who did my Oriental massage was amazing. The receptionist is efficient and lovely.

Location: I walked there from Cais do Sodre, which is about 2km. Direction is very easy - literally just follow the road and you make one small turn into the street where Float In is on. There's a sign that you can see when you're at the start of the small street too (it's a one way street).

Price: This package is a monthly special - was EUR 135 (I think), and I paid EUR 105. Totally. Worth. It.

Now, the experience... I returned to studying after years of working, and I happened to choose a very intense one year course (...clever). I just finished, which means I'm sleep deprived and up to my eye balls in stress. From this perspective, I can honestly credit Float In for my current zen state.

The first massage - relaxing massage - was good to ease me into the experience. It did what it was set out to do and relaxed and prepped me for my first floating session.

After the relaxing massage, I was brought to a relaxation room (with bamboos) and had cool tea. A different therapist got me for the floating session and led me to the room next door. It was an open float and she explained everything (light, music and emergency switches, shower before float, ear plugs, shower after, how to know when your time's up). The float itself was fabulous - I had zero thoughts in my mind by the end of it. The only thing though (which I'm sure is more down to me than them) is that the body parts that weren't submerged were a bit cool - I'm really bad with the cold so that distracted me.

After this, I was brought back to the bamboo room to have hot tea (God sent!). By this stage, I was absolutely starving and was dreaming about dinner. Imagine my surprise when my tea was presented to me with small biscuits! How thoughtful :)) Then the third therapist came with oil samples (which the first one also did earlier on) for my last treatment before escorting me to a different room downstairs.

Oh, this Oriental massage was divine. You'd think at this stage, it's easy for me to be a bit blasé because I've had two treatments already. Also, I'm a bit picky with 'Oriental' massages as I have an Asian background and am very familiar with treatments originating from my end of the world, so this was a very delightful surprise. This, for me, was the highlight of the visit. It was remedial and relaxing at the same time. Just awesome.

After this was done, the therapist brought me back to the change room (no shower, just toilet - shower was in the float room). The best thing about this whole package is that I didn't feel like any of my treatments had less of an impact because they were in a package; they all felt 'complete'.

Would I return given the chance? Absolutely. Thank you, Float In, for being the perfect treat that's turned me from a stressed and exhausted monster to a relaxed human being again :)

2 Thank ladybugwanderer
Dear customer,
We are the ones that must thank you for choosing our spa and for such kind words.
We aim to keep our clients as well taken care of as possible by providing excellent services as well as maintaining our space a serene and stress free zone.
Though rewarding, we know how stressful studying is, so we are so very glad you choose us to help you relax and renew your energies.
Our packages are put together in order to provide different experiences according to different needs, being that all the Treatments are combined in the most efficient way possible to achieve the best results.
The Float in Supreme Package you choose, is one of the Packages that best describes our Spa being that includes two of our signature Massages, the Float in Special Relaxing Massage and the Float in Oriental Massage as well as a Float Session, the best link possible between both to complement the Package, transforming it into an amazing relaxing experience.
Hope you had a safe return home and please do visit us again if you ever have the chance.
Congratulations on finishing your studies and the best of success.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good spa experience”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I found Float in spa via TripAdvisor and I got a very good experience. The crew was very kind and professional, the salt pool chamber floating session was great and relaxing and the massage was good too. The place was very clean and well organized. I went alone and left the place well relaxed :) I'd recommend it for couples as well. It's in the middle of the city and I got there by a short taxi ride. They except credit cards.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your kind review.The float Session really is an amazing Treatment on its own and as a complement before a Massage.
We hope you were able to enjoy the Treatments and we’re very glad you left our space more relaxed.
Hope you had a safe return home.
Please visit us again if you ever revisit Lisbon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We went there for both a massage and float session. Staff were very professional and warm. We have had lots of massages all around the world and certainly this is up there amongst the best if not No 1.

1 Thank Tyson M
Tiagovl, Manager at Float in, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Mr. Tyson M.
Thank you for your wonderful review. We were delighted to receive you and are very glad you enjoyed your three day visit to our spa..
We hope you had a safe return to Switzerland.
We will be looking forward to your visit whenever you return to Lisbon.
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Jet lag be gone.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I booked appointments after landing in Lisbon on a transatlantic flight. I've never floated before, but have read that floating for 50 minutes is equivalent to getting 5-6 hours of sleep. I was skeptical, but willing to give it a shot...and much to my surprise, it worked!

Float in Spa is such a unique experience. As soon as you enter, your stress just melts away. The staff is incredibly accommodating and quickly tended to us by offering slippers and a pre-treatment tea. After the tea, we were escorted to our private float rooms, complete with shower, robe, towels and toiletries. There are two float pods, one open and one closed. We were given full instruction on what to do and even how to change the lighting and music settings in the pods. Then, we were left alone to enjoy the experience. After the session, we were escorted to a relaxation room for a post-treatment tea service.

Once finished, we felt refreshed, revived and very well rested. The spa was impeccably clean and the service was outstanding.

This will definitely become a post-fight ritual whenever we visit Lisbon! Muito obrigada!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kristin C
Tiagovl, Owner at Float in, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Costumer,
On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your wonderful review. The Float Session is in fact an excellent antidote for jet lag. When you have the chance to visit us again, we suggest you try combining a float session with one of our signature Massages, such as the oriental massage Float in that due to its various techniques, especially the stretches, helps you recover faster from the fatigue that a trip causes.
We hope you had a safe trip back home.
Thank you and see you soon.
Best wishes,