“Tech and more”

EPIC SANA Lisboa Hotel
Ranked #17 of 253 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Brand new Hotel, close to shopping and old town center, with good restaurant and pool/gym. The rooms have in mirror TV and good wifi, with plenty of automation and electronics in the room. The food at breakfast is excellent, service is swift and polite. Just wish for a little more personality.

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for EPIC SANA Lisboa Hotel

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed 2 nights and was wowed by the epic sana.
From the moment I walked in from a 6hour bus trip the staff were great. Taking my bags to the room then taking me up and showing me around by room, as there were quite a few modern gadgets.

Everything from the nespresso coffee machine in the room to the 2person bath was of high quality and standards

The bed was comfortable and made easy to sleep on by the quietness of everything.

Defiantly coming back and I can't wait :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sophist24
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights in May 2013. Hotel is very new and beautifully put together. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable. Helpful staff, great breakfast.

Would have given 5 stars but for the location, which is at the top of the hill so most of the sites and attractions of Lisbon are a cab ride away.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a 3 night stay at the Epic Sana on the 17th May and to say that it was an experience is putting it mildly. It was our first trip so Lisbon so a lot of soul searching went into selecting a hotel as we were celebrating a very special occasion. We eventually settled on the Epic due to all the good reviews it had received and were we happy with our choice! From the moment we arrived it was an exceptional experience. The hotel itself is very impressive, so new and everything so modern and smart but it has to be the customer service that stands out here. Every member of staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. As we were celebrating a special occasion we were given a wonderful room with a fab bottle of "bubbly" chilling on our arrival together with some freshly made canapés and fruit-this was such a pleasant surprise and set the tone for our 3 day stay. The rooms are immaculate, modern, big and bright, the breakfast was lovely with lots of choice and the bar food was very very nice but a little expensive. On the day of our departure our flight was at 9.00pm so we were allowed use our room for the day to shower and freshen before we left for the airport-again above and beyond what we expected. The location is actually very good, 2 mins walk to a very good shopping centre and 5 mins walk to the main Avenue so very central really. Unfortunately the roof top bar and pool were not open while we were there as I would love to have seen them, I can only imagine they are as impressive as the rest of the hotel. All in all we had a wonderful experience at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone, the management and staff are first class and so well trained, the hotel and its facilities are again first class and we would return there in the morning if we could!! Well done to everyone at this establishment and we wish you every success.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WCLADY1
Reviewed 24 May 2013

So, I stay in quite a few hotels, and have done so over many years - I hate many, have general distaste for lots, and am quite ambivalent about most of the others. For me to take time to write a positive review means that the EPIC SANA LISBOA has revitalised my enjoyment of travel and staying in hotels.

Quite simply, the General Manager Filipe Silva, and all of the staff that I came across, have managed to launch this new hotel, putting the customer first ,every single time there is an opportunity for customer engagement.

Ian Crawford

From the moment you step out of the taxi, the door staff, have a sense of warmth and engagement, making eye contact with a friendly smile and welcome, on hand to help with bags, and walk you into the hotel.

In the fine and modern reception area, I was greeted by another staff member and walked over to the reception and check in, where all staff matched the friendly, engaging manner - without exception.

I was then escorted to my room, with a very helpful tour and explanation of the room's various switches and facilities - always beneficial for finding your feet quickly. The next delight, is something so simple, but something that shows, that the designers of this splendid building have listened to customer feedback and worked closely with the management team, to provide a modern and secure environment for today's traveler. The room safe is big enough to fit my lap top and phone - with an electrical charger and light in side. Hoorrahh!

I could continue to wax lyrical about the many other features of this high quality and modern hotel, ranging from the excellent Spa and pool facilities, with secure locker controlled by your room card key, accompanied again by very helpful staff, to the roof top pool and bar area, nevertheless to a very important subject - food.

I do need to make particular mention of the quality of the restaurant. Yet again the fantastic staff (thank you Andrea and crew) help to position your dining experience as pleasurable and memorable, clearly helped by the surroundings and general feel of the place.

Top vote goes to whoever is in charge of the kitchen. I can honestly say that in 20 years of eating food in various hotels in UK, Europe, America, Australia, the food that came out of this kitchen was the best I have ever tasted. The balance of tastes and textures was sublime.

Given that Lisbon, like many cities, has a vast array or restaurants, I can only hope that this restaurant will be included on the wish list of those staying in the hotel, and indeed any visitor to Lisbon, who desires a taste of quality.

My experience of this hotel was first class, and other hotels, who say they are in this class need to complete some serious reviews and revamps, to come anywhere close to the quality standard offered by the EPIC SANA LISBOA and their staff.

Room Tip: My room was facing the road, but the quality of sound proofing, means you don't hear a thing. Re...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

An absolute gem in a hilltop position great views of the city below from the pool on floor nine,
Staff were very attentive , food was first rate even though a little expensive ,
Rooms were excellent , large clean and modern ,
I would recommend this to family and friends

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ady3
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This is a very nice new 5 star hotel. Nice rooms with automation in lighting and TV behind the mirror !!! The bath was large with an option for physical lighting. Very friendly stuff and the food was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business