We chose Epic Sana for our trip to Lisbon based on the raving reviews at Tripadvisor. They are all pretty much spot on; the place is really great and easily the best hotel I ever stayed at. We had the simplest kind of room ("Deluxe room") which was still very nice and spacious. A few points I would like to highlight:
- The bath tub in the room is huge, at least 50% broader than usual tubs. We could comfortably fit in side-by-side.
- There were a lots of technical goodies that appealed to the technophile in me. The TV was for instance integrated in the mirror, and the wall next to the bath tub was transparent and had a motorized curtain that could be raised to watch the TV from the bath tub.
- We tried room service one night after a long day of walking the city. The "EPIC burger" was... epic.
- The staff is great.
- We were worried about noise from the street since it looked quite busy on Google Maps. The sound insulation is great and it was no problem at even if our room faced the street (at the 9th floor, which probably also helped).
- The roof terrace with the infinity pool is a delight! However, the sun beds filled up in the middle of the day, so you had to be there either early (say before 10) or late to get a spot. It was perfectly ok to use the pool without a sun bed, though, and the outdoor bar below the pool always had free seats.
- You can find slightly more central hotels, but we found it perfectly ok to walk both to Baixa and Belem. It's a huge shopping center (Amoreiras) very close to the hotel, but we didn't have time to check it out.
I will not even consider another hotel if I go back to Lisbon for vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a prime strategic location in Lisbon, in Amoreiras, a short distance from Marquês de Pombal and Avenida da Liberdade, the EPIC SANA Lisboa Hotel offers 311 bedrooms of various types. The comfort of its rooms and a service which is personalised down to the last detail make this Hotel the ideal place to stay when visiting the capital, whether on business or on holiday. The hotel facilities include 2 restaurants with different concepts: the Scale Lobby Bar and, on top of the Hotel, the Up Scale Bar with its infinity pool crown the EPIC SANA Lisboa Hotel. For meetings and events the EPIC SANA Lisboa Hotel has 1760 m2 divided into 13 meeting rooms that are able to host events of up to 1300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your EPIC SANA Lisboa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.