“The best thing of my short stay in Lisbon”

Whatever Art Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 231 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Porto, Portugal
“The best thing of my short stay in Lisbon”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It was lovely! The flat is really cozy and with an original Decor; the flat has also 2 big bathrooms and awonderful balcony. The room was very confortable and I felt at home.

Furthermore I was welcomed with a cup of rose and ginger tea and a nice chat. And the breakfast was really nice and fresh! Not to mention that the locatipon ir great.

So, I really recommend this B&B

Room Tip: If you are concerned that the bathrooms are shared, I would like to add that this is NOT a problem a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Based on other travelers' reviews I decided to go for something different in Lisbon and am so glad I did. This small, but homey B&B was quirky and full of interesting artistic touches. There were two shared bathrooms, but they were rarely occupied and I relished the lovely bath I took in the charming bathroom. My room was small, but it immediately felt good and inviting. Breakfast consisted of a large variety of choices, and exhibited the same care as everything else at Whatever. But the BEST was Carlos and how helpful he was. Seemed like he had nothing else to do but help me (although that was far from the case). The property is a little to the north of the Bairro and tourist area, but I loved taking the easy metro and staying in a more local neighborhood. Super experience. Thank you Carlos!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sunnytvdenver
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We booked Whatever Art B&B without any expectations since it was our first trip to Portugal and our first stay at any B&B at all. The situation was even more delicate because it was our honemoon.

However Whatever Art B&B and its host, Carlos, proved us wrong. Usually on our trips we would sightsee city entire day and just go to hotel or apartment to take a shower and sleep. But this was a whole different experience. After sightseeing Lisbon, we could not wait to get back to our room with peacocks under our window and gorgeous little terace.

We have seen a part of the world and have visited a lot of cities. We never had such a great hospitality.

Carlos was such a great host, patiently answering all of our questions and fullfiling our demands. Thank you Carlos for everything.

So to sum it up, visit Lisbon and stay at Carlos's Whatever Art B&B.

Room Tip: Book a double bad rooom next to a gorgeous terrace. You have to ask for a bad without a board on t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had a wonderful time at whatever B&B! Good beds, good sanitair, nice breakfast beautiful rooms in a modern artistic style. Carlos was a friendly host. We had a great time, the first days nice and sunny, later on rain, but nearby was a wonderful museum, just a 10 minutes walk!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Thanks to a friend's recommendation I stayed at this B&B for one night, and wished it was longer. Carlos and his partner were wonderful hosts, the apartments are beautifully done up, and the breakfast was yummy. Do try Carlos' homemade lemon and ginger jam, it was delicious.
Lisbon is a fantastic city, and Carlos was very helpful with directions and advice - someone is available 24 hours a day. It is just out of the main centre, but very close to the Metro and very easy to get around. The airport is not far. There were some nice eating options very close by. The lemon & basil gelato in the open cafe nearby is divine.
Do yourself a big favour and book this B&B. The decor is beautiful and rather funky. Carlos is an artist, so a lot of his work is on the walls. He is very good! There are only 5 rooms (I think) with two shared bathrooms, which were spotless. It was very peaceful and a lovely haven, with a back courtyard which had peacocks roaming around. WiFi worked well. It also felt very safe, which is good if travelling on your own.
Thankyou Carlos and Fernando for your generous hospitality. I hope I have the opportunity to return one day soon!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

As a first time traveller to Lisbon I had no idea what to expect. But the name Whatever Arts B&B caught my eye. I contacted Carlos, the host, as I had quite a few questions before my arrival. He was always available to reply to my emails with a friendly manner. When I arrived he was the wonderful person I had hoped he would be and more. Carlos was caring, informed and always willing to help. The B&B was filled with his Artistic Creations and the decor was eloquent. Carlos and Fernando, the hosts/owners turned this B&B into a home. The house was safe, clean, tidy, well maintained and bright, and nothing was lacking in service. We had a difficult time leaving and saying good bye to Carlos and Whatever B&B. My son and I had become close to Carlos and very comfortable at this beautiful B&B. It is located in the perfect spot. My son and I got a real surprise one day. While we were having breakfast on the terrace a mother Peacock and her chicks came by to visit. What a thrill. Whether you are an experienced traveller or first time travellers (like us) you will feel very safe and cared for by Carlos at Whatever Arts B&B. Transportation is close, metro, bus and taxi cabs. There is another treasure waiting for you across the street. A large grocery store/supermarket, food court and unique shops all accessible under ground at the Stadium. I rate Whatever Arts B&B a 10 out of 10. I hope anyone who has the opportunity to stay here does without hesitation. Carlos, we would like to say thank you very much to you and Fernando. You especially, for being so helpful, giving of your time and so passionate about making your B&B a home. Thank you - Collin and Guida (Canada)
Abracos querido amigo!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Guida_feliz
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I was travelling to Lisbon for a holiday on my own, and wanted somewhere special to stay, with more character than a faceless hotel. Well, I certainly found it at the Whatever Art B&B, which is housed in a 1930s mansion. From the moment I arrived, with Carlos offering orange juice and cakes on the terrace, accompanied by the family of peacocks, to the moment I left five days later, every moment I spent here was charming and comfortable. The rooms are all tastefully and artistically decorated, with personal touches from Carlos, himself an artist. Breakfast can be taken on the terrace, accompanied by the chattering peacocks and distant sounds of the city. The two shared bathrooms were always spotless, with decorations again carefully chosen. There were no issues with noise of any sort, I have learnt over the years to travel with ear plugs in any case.
The B&B is situated next to the Campo Pequeno and its metro station, away from the hustle and bustle of a big city, but within convenient and timely reach. If you have any questions about the city, Carlos is happy to answer them and give advice.
All in all, a lovely stay, in a lovely city, and I will certainly return to both the Whatever Art and Lisbon itself.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo