This hotel was excellent for many reasons:
1) Location- It is right in the middle of town. It is maybe four blocks from the waterfront, while being even closer to the famous Santa Justa elevator which brings you from the lower part of the city to the top. The surrounding streets are thronged with restaurants and shops and some of the best deserts I have ever had (especially the gelato).
2) Rooms- I have been to Europe before where the rooms of several tiny twin beds. Each room here had a large, comfortable mattress. There were book lights by each side of the bed so that one person can read while the other is sleeping. Also, the minibar is actually free, along with two espresso cups per day. The bathrooms were very clean, and the showers were quite cool. There is an option for a falling shower, and the ceiling opening was lined with lightbulbs; if you turned the bathroom lights on but had that shower running, the shower head lights would go on and shift between colors. As you can tell, the whole room is very nice.
3) Food- I loved that they gave out free apples. Their restaurant is also very good. Portuguese food is a bit underwhelming, especially if you do not like fish. I do, yet there is only so much seafood I can take before I needed a break. The hotel restaurant was good, and their chocolate cake/vanilla ice cream dessert was fantastic. In addition, their breakfast was very good- delicious Portuguese rolls, strawberries (it's February now), melons, chocolate croissants, and more.
4) Service- The staff were very friendly (and good in English). They helped us map out our stay. We honestly had no problems with the hotel, so we did not have to interact much with them.
All in all, an excellent hotel. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Justa HotelDesign Boutique 4 stars Hotel located in the commercial and financial center of Lisbon A Baixa. Also located in the surroundings of one of the most famous monuments in the city the “Elevador de Santa Justa”.Its excellent location between Praçca do Rossio , Chiado and Praçca do Comércio, allows Santa Justa Hotel to offer its guests the best shopping and cultural attractions.Besides the surroundings tranquility, courtesy, elegance and comfort are the charm and grandeur of the Santa Justa Hotel. Enjoy the light, enjoy the history, enjoy Lisbon, enjoy Santa Justa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mirai, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Santa Justa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.