“Coffee & Pastel de Nata”

Cafetaria El Corte Ingles
Ranked #1,335 of 4,541 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2014

At the top of El Corte Ingles is a cafe and resturant. The cleanliness and service was very good and reminded us of the service we use to enjoy in some cafes and resturants back in the UK.
The view from the main resturant across the park and the rooftops is stunning. Well worth a trip to the top floor.

9  Thank Tallbear55

Reviewed 25 January 2014

When we arrived at our hotel in Porto (Tiara Park Atlantic) we were given an El Corte Ingles map, which contained a voucher for 10% off at the store, and details of a meal deal on the Tourist Menu of two meals for only 17.5 euros. The store ran a shuttle bus to the hotel, and we were given further vouchers for a free glass of port and a patisserie. We tried the 3 course meal with beer and coffee on our first day-very good vegetable soup, an enormous dish of seafood pasta, and creme caramel (which they call "pudding"). The meal was very good, and excellent value, but the portion sizes defeated our appetite- it is normal to have a large meal at lunchtime in Portugal.
Because it was such a bargain we returned twice during our six day stay in Porto, since the store is on the metro line (Joao de Deus). The cod and salmon main courses were good but again enormous, but the Isles Flotant dessert was poor. The duck that I had on our third visit was very good, but the pork that was brought for my wife was almost inedible being rather better used to sole shoes- very tough and fatty.
The Taverna has a lovely outlook over Porto on the six floor of the store, and the staff are reasonably pleasant and efficient.
The meal will satisfy you for the whole day , unless you have an enormous appetite.
There is also an excellent lunchtime buffet, which is obviously very popular with the locals, as the large Taverna, which opens at 12.30 was full by 13.00 hrs.
EXCELLENT VALUE!

1  Thank malholme
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I really am a big fan of the Corte Inglés and wherever I have the opportunity to visit one, I do this. At the time there was a big sale going on and stupidly I didn't buy right away the things I would have liked to buy, but waited some days because I didn't wanted to carry around bags... You can get good bargains, but therefore you need to get - at least - the 10% discount card. This can be a bit hard to find, so ask one of the employees to literally take you to the right place (floor -4, immediately next to the large 'escalator'). I spent hours and hours in the shop. Just love it!

1  Thank btrdrt
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Don't go for the lasagna. I ordered the salmon lasagna and my wife the meat lasagna. Personally, i would have had a better meal if i cooked it myself, on last choice i prefer buying a frozen lasagna because it's better than the meal they presented to us. I couldn't taste the salmon mainly because they didn't bother to season it. My wife's lasagna was flavorless, apparently they don't know how to use salt. We were 7 and they took about 50 minutes to bring the entire food.

The prices are not too high but for the quality the restaurant is presenting in the dishes, the prices should be lowered.

1  Thank PedroNunesMartins
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This department store was only 2 metro stops from my hotel so I went to check it out for room snacks, etc. There are about 7 floors of very nice merchandise, but very few sale items, so not much for a bargain hunter like myself. However I really enjoyed visiting the supermarket on the lower level. The selection and price of merchandise is very good, and it has a large selection of wines and other spirits at very good prices. I even stocked up on bottled water, 10 cents a bottle! There are also a number of other shops including a bakery and a lunch counter where you can get an espresso and a pastry. The metro stop is down there so you don't have to go outdoors. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Gramcracker2013