“Wonderful hotel!”

Ranked #59 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
Montreal
“Wonderful hotel!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel is, in my honest experience, the best in the area. I come to Lisbon for business often and have tried 3 hotels on this street to date. If Sana Malhoa's beds weren't so stiff and hard (preventing me to sleep), I would have stayed here during each of my travels to Lisbon. The staff is so kind and friendly, the breakfast buffet is generous and delicious, front desk offers very good advice on how to get around (with maps and discounted tours), gorgeous piano bar and so much more. I truly recommend staying here if stiff beds don't bother you. It is close to the metro (subway) and also to El Corte Ingles shopping mall (walking distance). A+ hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here on a residential course and it was excellent.
The check-in was friendly and efficient. they stored my luggage as I arrived very early, and I was allowed to check in before 12.30pm.
Location: Airport bus stops close, and the metro station at praca de espana is 5min through the underground car park, 5 euro to the centre by taxi, about 10 to the airport
Rooms: HUGE, spotless, new etc.
The catering was absolutely fantastic, we had breakfast, lunch and coffees breaks here which were outstanding with amazing fruit, fish, vegetables, salad selection, desert, beverages etc. It was almost the best food I had in Lisbon.
Conference room: was big, with daylight and very efficient (even too much so) air conditionning

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EHZagCro
saint martin
Reviewed 23 July 2013

As à former flight attendant...have been ,almost àround the World.......Sana Malhoa is home away from home.....fantastic service all the Way....many thanks to Mr Rui da Silva and Mr Lévy Cabral.....
Convenient location to be in LIsbon....next to everything....subway is just àround the corner....downtown in 10 minutes...plus excellent restaurants nearby

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

If you're on business in this area then this hotel is a very good choice. This was booked for me and I don't know if it was a deal but it was something like £63 a night which was incredible value. The rooms are spacious, you have a big desk for work, decent bed, nice clean bathroom. I ate at the hotel bar one night, something which I try to never do, just had a burger and beer and it surprised me that their burgers are fresh as he asked me how i'd like it cooked, decent as well. Breakfast was included as well, very good for cereals, fruit, savouries etc, hot food not very nice, but for the price you just can't complain.

I don't like hotels where you to pay for wi-fi as a rule, but the guy at the desk gave me two codes for two days for the price of one which was good of him.

Location - if you're a tourist, I probably wouldn't recommend, although if it's cheap enough then don't worry too much about location. There is a subway stop less than 5 minutes walk at the back of the hotel that takes you into the city

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Kent, UK
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Lovely clean room, and amazingly comfortable bed! The only thing I could have done with was a kettle and tea in the room but to be honest the food and service was great downstairs. I was here for business and we used the conference facilities - Great. The rest of the hotel was big enough to get away from it in the evening but small enough for the staff to be friendly and a comfortable environment.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed at the Malhoa for a week in September 2012. My partner is originally from Lisbon and we go over to visit family, but also like to maintain our independence and prefer our own 'base'. We arrived rather late at the hotel (gone midnight) even though we arrived into Lisbon early in the morning. A day spent with family turned out to be longer than expected!
Check in was seamless and extremely welcoming. A porter took our bags, whilst the concierge explained about the hotel facilities and how they were there to help 24/7. Most impressive.
We got to our room and within 60 seconds, the porter arrived with our bags. He would not let us lift them, but was insistent on taking them right in to our room. I like to tip when I feel it's justified and I handed him 10 euros and he looked a little taken aback.

The room itself was outstanding. It was furnished to an extremely high standard, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was equivalent to many I have used in London 4/5* hotels. We paid for bed & breakfast and the next morning we went to the dining room and were, frankly, amazed. You have a full English breakfast, as well as continental. You also have a wide choice of breads, something which even amazed my partner. You can also ask the staff for freshly made omelettes and the drinks available include all hot drinks, juices and bubbly if you're feeling particularly continental!

As we were out after breakfast until the late evening, we never actually tried lunch or dinner in the hotel, although it did look of a very good standard, as they were generally just closing service as we arrived back at the hotel. We did enjoy a couple of drinks in the hotel bar each evening before retiring to our room and it was a lovely area to relax in. It was very quiet and it was something that we really enjoyed. I will be the first to admit that the hotel is a little away from the centre of Lisbon, however, that's what the Metro is for! The station isn't far away and if you're on a break, this is all part of the holiday!

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel and we're planning to return later this year.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, as the hotel is in the flight path for Lisbon airport and you can watch the pla...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Donaueschingen, Germany
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I´ve been booking 3 nights at the Sana Malhoa Hotel for a business trip.

The hotel is new well equipped with a small gym and a pleasant atmosphere (including a piano on the ground floor).

The room was large, with a nice bathroom and all the necessary equipment. This hotel chain does have different hotel in the City however they all correspond to different standards. Within the lift a complete list of the properties including some 5 star hotels that shall open during 2013.

I would reccomend this hotel to business traveler, located in the financial distric is however not the proper location for a walk downtown.

I´ve been travelling to Praha du comercio with a Taxi (approx. 15 EUR between 10 and 20 minutes depending from traffic) and with publuic transport and I definetly reccomend taxis at least to more central location.

The International Buffet allows the proper start while the lack of services (few restaurant in the area) might be a issue in the evening, if you like steak no worries you will find pleanty around, if you are looking for more local food you should go to a different area.

The hotel is well connected with the airport and easy accessible from the highway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business