“Value for money for budget traveller”

Hotel Princesa Lisboa Centro
Ranked #233 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Family spent 5 nights in two rooms in hotel. Great staff who were helpful and informative. Good location if you want to be away from tourist areas. On bus routes and always taxi's available. Was able to eat at local restaurants in area at good prices. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and had been updated. Some basic things could be improved with, for example, shower head not attached to wall mount. Breakfasts were as expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which faces the road
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I suppose you get what you pay for, but far better is available for the same price or just slightly more. My wife and I are fairly easy to please, but this place left much to be desired.

Location: Not well situated. 10 minute walk to the closest subway station and nothing around.
Room: Relatively small but nothing out of the ordinary. Dirty carpet, blinds, etc. Uncomfortable pillows, even after we requested some extras.
Breakfast: Extremely basic and poor quality (bread, yoghurt, cheap ham, cheap cheese)
Service: We requested in advance one of their newly renovated rooms. Upon arrival we were told this was impossible but that we had "one of the best rooms" in the hotel. If they were telling the truth (I hope they wouldn't lie to customers...) I feel bad for the people in the other rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I don't normally choose 2 star hotels but a very good price and some good reviews on here made me choose this one. The first room I was given was internal and looked out over emergency staircases. The room was extremely dated with a dark carpet that had definitely seen better days, but clean. However, when I got back in the evening and went to put the light on, I found that in the little annex part of the room where the wardrobe was, there was a light switch and a bare wire hanging from the ceiling but no actual light fitting! I also found that the shower hook in the bathroom was broken and that there were no remotes for the aircon/heating or TV. I reported the issues to the receptionist who came up to see the problems and offered me a room change the following morning as the hotel was full. He did give me a heating remote though. After breakfast the following morning I went to reception and was told that if I packed my things and left my bag in my room, they would move my things to a new room while I was out sightseeing. I returned and was given the key to my new room which was much better than the first although it still had the well and truly worn carpet. For a 2 star hotel, and for the price I paid, I could not complain at all once I had my new room. It was spotlessly clean, it was comfortable and toiletries were replaced daily. Breakfast was good and the location was also good with the bus stop on the doorstep. I understand that the hotel is being refurbished and I do think it needs it, but once it is finished I would definitely stay there again. One other thing which surprised me was that the lift had no internal door - haven't seen that for years!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JIOkinawa
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The good reviews from November 2012 to April 2013 reflect our experience. Good value. A nice, quite old fashioned budget hotel. It was quite shabby in places but our room had character, the breakfast room was pleasant. Very convenient for bus (end of route 760) or a 20 minute walk downhill to town, 15 minutes to Edward VII park. Very helpful and friendly staff with English spoken by reception staff. Plentiful breads / toast / cereals / ham & cheese, teas & coffees for breakfast. A coin fed pc for internet was expensive & didn't work well but plenty of guests used the breakfast tv / bar room for free WiFi with mobile devices. Some WiFi in our room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KironReid
Princesa H, Gerente at Hotel Princesa Lisboa Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Many thanks for your lovelly comments. We are proud and happy for your cost.
From all of us - THANKS

paulo Lopes

Reviewed 28 March 2013

This very small hotel has some modern rooms (new furniture, new painting, fancy bathroom....but no phone!!!!)). However, there are very few and, if you can get one of those, you will find yourself in an old, very old and tiny, very tiny room. Old carpet, dark, not enough light from the lamps.
Very basic breakfast.
Very reazonable location (10 minutes easy walk to the subway).
Very cheap.

Room Tip: when booking, ask if the "new rooms" are available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JMPFF
Reviewed 13 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Ronald V
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We enjoyed very much staying in this hotel. People working there were always helpful and nice. The rooms were clean. Also it is quite close to the center and there was a bus just in front of the hotel. Great quality for money spent. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family