“Great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
London, United Kingdom
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We've stayed at this hotel for 1 night as we were due to fly out the country. It is very modern, very clean, comfortable and extremely convenient, specially when the airport it is opposite to it. We had a good night sleep an then in the morning the shuttle bus took us to the airport. No need to rush.

2 Thank anapri
TRYP LISBOA AER... H, Gerente de relações com clientes at Tryp Lisboa Aeroporto, responded to this review, 6 March 2015
I would like to thank you for your nice words!

We love to know that you are a TRYP Lover.

We look forward to your next visit to Lisbon. Don´t forget to contact us in advance.

Fabiana Cristóvão – Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a new hotel right at the airport and I stayed there with my wife on 24th April. We are frequent users of the airport which we like a lot since the new upgrade and we usually stay at a blue hotel about 10 mins away by shuttle. We thought we would give the new place a try.
The good points are that it is at the airport so you can walk to the terminal in a couple of minutes. The double glazing is good and on the 5th floor there was no noise from traffic etc.
It is very high tech and hi style and the WC and shower are right in the bedroom separated by just a frosted glass door. There is a modesty curtain you can pull across but we found the lack of privacy and sharing of noises to be uncomfortable and it really put us off. The wash basin is next to the bed behind the very small wardrobe. Our TV was volume capped at 10/30 so you couldn't even turn the sound up to drown the bathroom out LOL.
The bed is very soft and didn't help me with a good night's sleep. The restaurant wasn't open at 6pm when we arrived, hungry but we were able to easily walk to the terminal building to find a cafe that was open. We didn't bother with breakfast as we didn't like the look of the restaurant, too plastic.
The wireless internet is free but our password didn't work and I had to trek down to reception to get a new one which did work. Pity as I had just had a shower and got ready for bed, had to get dressed again etc etc grumble grumble.
TV was poor with just a few English language channels all news and Eurosport in German.
Overall for 89 Eur it's not worth it when you consider that you can get a much better room and service for less all over the place in Lisbon - with a free shuttle to the airport. - 6/10
50 Eur would be a more realistic price if you can stand the lack of privavcy.

3 Thank HAR225
TRYP LISBOA AER... H, Gerente de relações com clientes at Tryp Lisboa Aeroporto, responded to this review, 14 March 2015
Thank you for your honest comments.

Every comment we receive is invaluable for us and I would like to tell you that all the reviews are considered and studied.

Your comments will be surely noted and we hope to surprise you on your next trip to Lisbon.

Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

A great hotel, very near to the airport (5 mins. walk). You can already see the hotel from the airport. Everything is brand new, rooms are very modern and clean. Check in was very professional and friendly. The use of the keycard to the room can be a little bit frustrating, you need to be very precise in holding it in front of the right spot in the door. Rooms are very quiet, you don't hear airplanes or much car traffic.
There is a bath in the mid of the room. A curtain can be closed in front of it, to separate it from the bedroom itself. It didn't bother me. The shower and toilet have their own doors (without locks)- the doors are however made from frosted glass. This did not bother me as well, but I assume some other people won't like this, just like the situation with the bath in the room.

Breakfast is great, lots of choices and good quality. They serve an English breakfast buffet as well as continental: bread, pastries, cakes, yoghurts, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses etc.
In the evening, try the hot buffet dinner for a fairly cheap, set price (including water and coffee): eat as much as you like, we did and it was delicious. Apart from the hot dishes, there are salads, fruits and desserts as well.

The staff were all very friendly and nothing was to much. They went out of their way to help and always with a smile and some humour. I felt very welcome.

At the airport, you can take the underground to the center, 10-15 mins traveling time to the center. Very frequent, very handy, and inexpensive.

2 Thank Firefly33
Terceira, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Three months ago I already stayed at this conveniently located, brand new airport hotel. Some things I liked here, but the street noise inside the Presidential Suite was just a nightmare and it was impossible to sleep all night long. Windows are just of a very low quality and seem to be thin as paper.

The manager of this hotel wrote me a very nice, personalized letter which I appreciated a lot. He apologized for the inconvenience in a very nice way, and he assicured me that only the Presidential Suite has this problem of having such thin, bad windows, but all the other rooms were absolutely quiet. He kindly invited me to stay here again, to show me that the other rooms are really quiet.

A couple of days ago I travelled once more from Terceira island to Lisbon. My arrival at Lisbon airport was after midnight, so it was convenient to just walk down from the terminal to the hotel, jump into bed and continue my trip the other morning to my next destination.

I did my reservation just 3 to 4 hours before arriving at the hotel (via booking.com), because I decided 1,5 hours before the flight that I want to travel to Lisbon.

Arriving at the hotel, the lady who checked me in seemed not to find my reservation immediately. The check in procedure took TWELVE MINUTES, which of course is FAR too long and unefficient for being an international 4* hotel located at a big and busy airport.

The room I have booked was pleasant, the bed comfortable, the open bathroom is a funny idea when travelling alone - I liked it. Nothing to criticize about the room itself, but insonorization is really BAD BAD BAD at this hotel.
I was in bed at 00.30 hrs, staying in room 717. In the room upstairs directly above me there was someone walking around in high heels and the noise was just too loud to be acceptable. NO FLOOR ISOLATION AT ALL!!
Next to my bathroom (or behind it?) was the bathroom of my room neighbours. You can hear EVERYTHING from there, it is terrible!! You hear those next door taking a shower, singing, talking, and also details from the toilet. It is scandalous what kind of isolation has been used to build this brand new hotel.

The answer of the hotel manager which I received last january was just not true. It is a fact that ALSO WITH THE WINDOW CLOSED YOU CAN HEAR THE STREET NOISE VERY WELL. Right down of the rooms is a BP gas station, there are many roads with AN AWFUL LOT OF TRAFFIC DAY AND NIGHT - it never stops!
If you get up at 4 in the night and look out of the window, the streets have a lot of traffic! And you hear the noise very, very well inside the room - with closed windows. Anyone who says that I am not right is not telling the truth. It is really not quiet...

Also the insonorization from the corridor is scarse, you hear all the baggage trolleys passing in front of your room, and if people are talking (guests, employees of the hotel), you understand every single word inside your room.

I know that an AIRPORT HOTEL is not a resort. People stay there for 1 night to catch their next flight. This hotel has many positive attributes, but it is NOT QUIET.

Then, another thing to criticize which irritated and disappointed me was the following:
I had to check out at midday to catch my flight at 13.50 hrs. At around 11 I called reception and asked the lady answering the phone if she would be so kind and transfer my call to ROOM SERVICE, because I wanted to order a nice lunch before starting my long day of travelling.
The receptionist did so, and the phone rang TWENTY TIMES - NO ANSWER!
Some time later I tried it again - same thing! :-(
Mmmh, is something like this called a GOOD HOTEL that deserves so many good comments here?? Come on, please! Service here is VERY slow and for sure can not be rated as "good". When I was almost leaving my room to check out, the inroom phone was ringing. Someone from room service department was on the line, asking if I want to order a meal. As I have said, his tentative to satisfy me arrived very late.

I just can not understand how an AIRPORT HOTEL can be offering room service, but at ELEVEN IN THE MORNING it is just not possible to reach anyone to place an order! That IS lousy in my opinion... People in Portugal earn as little as 500/600/700€ per month, so in my opinion a hotel has no reason to be understaffed up to the point that guest's room service requests are not even answered.

Luckily I was travelling on TAP Executiva and could therefore use the (totally overcrowded) lounge and eat there something from the worn out buffet. Otherwise I would have suffered, as also food selection on TAP (Business-Class, same narrow and uncomfy seats as in Economy-Class, for 300% more money...) was lousy and just below of good, international standards.

In my opinion Portugal still has to learn a lot how to improve services at hotels.

The TRYP at the airport is a perfect solution for a short stopover, but rooms are noisy and service should be improved. I absolutely do not want to write badly about this hotel, but I would be a dishonest person if I said that I like to overnight here. It is very close to the airport, that IS convenient. But the noise and slow service tend to get on my nervs...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Travelmaniaccc
Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

When we arrived at the airport, we asked for the location this hotel on our way out. Once outside the door, we could see it immediately. After a 5-minute walk, we were at check-in which took only 2 minutes.Once on the 4th level, we had a hard time finding our room number; we looked on he door, each side of the door and above the door to no avail; it was on the floor! In the room, there's a big multi-task screen wishing you welcome. From that screen, you can do all shorts of things including programming an alarm clock. So, it's quite modern, very comfortable, sound proof and the breakfast is also impressive. Next time we're in Lisbon, it'll still be our hotel.

1 Thank mirador194
We are very happy to hear your kind words. Thank you for sharing with us your opinion.

We hope to be your first hotel choice in Lisbon on your future trips.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The only reason I was at this hotel was because I had an early morning flight, and so wanted as convenient a place to stay as possible. But, wow, was this a nice hotel! I can't believe it's next to an airport. This place is seriously modern, the rooms are nicely laid out, and the staff were incredibly happy, and spoke excellent English, btw. They have to have triple plated glass on the room windows because I didn't hear a thing outside, and it's next to a very busy street, and an airport. And it's a 5 minute walk to the airport.

They had a very good restaurant, but for dinner, they only had a buffet, which I don't think is really necessary. The food was good, but why can't they just have a normal menu (which they seem to have on some occasions). My flight left really early, so I figured no complimentary breakfast, but they had laid out a few things for people in my situation, so there was coffee, so baked goods, cheese and ham. I thought that was a nice touch.

I also have to give a shout-out to the pharmacy in the airport. I needed some help with a cough, and I figured there would be one in the airport, so I walked over and met the most helpful pharmacist, who helped me figure out what to do. And he was an actual pharmacist -- I mean a pharmacist works at the airport!

Anyway, I can't imagine a reason why I'd stay here again, but it was really one of the most pleasant experiences, and I highly recommend it if you're flying out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SoloTraveler45
Thank you for your kind feedback.

Your comments are very valuable to us. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Perfectly placed next to the airport (take advantage of the free shuttle if you have lots of luggage), this hotel is new, modern & streamlined. The rooms are spotless & trendy in decor - the curtain dividing the bathroom from the sleeping area might not be to everybody's taste! - the breakfast is plentiful & varied, & the centre of Lisbon can be reached in 30 mins or so cheaply by metro. The outdoor pool did not appeal on a cool & cloudy day (besides which, its right on the motorway!) but take advantage of the peaceful spa area if your flight times permit: heated indoor pool, hydro-pool, luxurious loungers, sauna & steam room. Not your average airport hotel!

Room Tip: We did have noise-issues one night, but this was as a result of inconsiderate guests checking in ver...