“Great choice”

Ranked #65 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
lfc in europe
“Great choice”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Imagine the scenario. I'm a smoker, not had one for five hours. Get through arrivals. Plan is, light up once outside, then find out where the hotel is. First puff of the cigarette, look to my right and there's the hotel. Relief. Hassle gone out of the window. Walk to hotel, check in at 00.30 hours, bar open to 01.00, then to room which has balcony, open bottle of wine from UK duty free and the holiday begins. Oh, and the hotel, brilliantly situated, modern, clean, friendly staff and a very good breakfast.

Room Tip: Smokers get a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
TRYP LISBOA AER... H, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
We are very excited to hear such good comments from your side! We truly hope this was an unforgettable experience to you and we expect to offer the best service on your next trip to Lisbon! - Fabiana Cristóvão - Guest Experience Manager – TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Tryp Aeroporto Hotel in Lisbon is a surprisingly good and probably cheap airport hotel.

This new facility is a strange kind of semi-design hotel at an airport. It is nice and the rooms are in god quality and style. I am no big fan of bathrooms integrated with the sleeping area, but so it is here.

Bed is good. But the windows are not. Even though they are small, they are not sound proof enough. I didn’t hear any aircraft, but the car traffic noise disturbed my sleep.

The working desk has several power outlets, but it is far too high, so that i is uncomfortable to work on the pc. A pity. And when you remove the key from the main switch, it also power off the power for pc etc.

The breakfast is decent, but they put much too much water into the orange juice.

The hotel is at the airport, but it is not directly integrated with it. You need to walk some 5 minutes, across a couple of roads.

I don’t know the price of my room, but according to booking sites, it can be below 100 euros.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Torben A
TRYP LISBOA AER... H, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2015
Thank you very much for your great comments.

We are truly happy to know that our service has pleased you and we expect your visit very soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Booked this hotel before a very early flight in the morning. After a long drive with the sole need to eat and sleep, I've been told that food is only served until 22.30.
The hotel is in walking distance to the airport - uphill cobble stones - make sure you don't have a lot of baggage to carry!

• Stayed May 2014
TRYP LISBOA AER... H, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2015
Thank you for sharing with us your opinion.

Your comments will be surely noted and we hope to surprise you on your next trip to Lisbon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We've stayed at this hotel for 1 night as we were due to fly out the country. It is very modern, very clean, comfortable and extremely convenient, specially when the airport it is opposite to it. We had a good night sleep an then in the morning the shuttle bus took us to the airport. No need to rush.

2 Thank anapri
I would like to thank you for your nice words!

We love to know that you are a TRYP Lover.

We look forward to your next visit to Lisbon. Don´t forget to contact us in advance.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a new hotel right at the airport and I stayed there with my wife on 24th April. We are frequent users of the airport which we like a lot since the new upgrade and we usually stay at a blue hotel about 10 mins away by shuttle. We thought we would give the new place a try.
The good points are that it is at the airport so you can walk to the terminal in a couple of minutes. The double glazing is good and on the 5th floor there was no noise from traffic etc.
It is very high tech and hi style and the WC and shower are right in the bedroom separated by just a frosted glass door. There is a modesty curtain you can pull across but we found the lack of privacy and sharing of noises to be uncomfortable and it really put us off. The wash basin is next to the bed behind the very small wardrobe. Our TV was volume capped at 10/30 so you couldn't even turn the sound up to drown the bathroom out LOL.
The bed is very soft and didn't help me with a good night's sleep. The restaurant wasn't open at 6pm when we arrived, hungry but we were able to easily walk to the terminal building to find a cafe that was open. We didn't bother with breakfast as we didn't like the look of the restaurant, too plastic.
The wireless internet is free but our password didn't work and I had to trek down to reception to get a new one which did work. Pity as I had just had a shower and got ready for bed, had to get dressed again etc etc grumble grumble.
TV was poor with just a few English language channels all news and Eurosport in German.
Overall for 89 Eur it's not worth it when you consider that you can get a much better room and service for less all over the place in Lisbon - with a free shuttle to the airport. - 6/10
50 Eur would be a more realistic price if you can stand the lack of privavcy.

3 Thank HAR225
TRYP LISBOA AER... H, Gerente de relações com clientes at TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2015
Thank you for your honest comments.

Every comment we receive is invaluable for us and I would like to tell you that all the reviews are considered and studied.

Netherlands
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A great hotel, very near to the airport (5 mins. walk). You can already see the hotel from the airport. Everything is brand new, rooms are very modern and clean. Check in was very professional and friendly. The use of the keycard to the room can be a little bit frustrating, you need to be very precise in holding it in front of the right spot in the door. Rooms are very quiet, you don't hear airplanes or much car traffic.
There is a bath in the mid of the room. A curtain can be closed in front of it, to separate it from the bedroom itself. It didn't bother me. The shower and toilet have their own doors (without locks)- the doors are however made from frosted glass. This did not bother me as well, but I assume some other people won't like this, just like the situation with the bath in the room.

Breakfast is great, lots of choices and good quality. They serve an English breakfast buffet as well as continental: bread, pastries, cakes, yoghurts, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses etc.
In the evening, try the hot buffet dinner for a fairly cheap, set price (including water and coffee): eat as much as you like, we did and it was delicious. Apart from the hot dishes, there are salads, fruits and desserts as well.

The staff were all very friendly and nothing was to much. They went out of their way to help and always with a smile and some humour. I felt very welcome.

At the airport, you can take the underground to the center, 10-15 mins traveling time to the center. Very frequent, very handy, and inexpensive.

2 Thank Firefly33
Terceira, Portugal
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Three months ago I already stayed at this conveniently located, brand new airport hotel. Some things I liked here, but the street noise inside the Presidential Suite was just a nightmare and it was impossible to sleep all night long. Windows are just of a very low quality and seem to be thin as paper.

The manager of this hotel wrote me a very nice, personalized letter which I appreciated a lot. He apologized for the inconvenience in a very nice way, and he assicured me that only the Presidential Suite has this problem of having such thin, bad windows, but all the other rooms were absolutely quiet. He kindly invited me to stay here again, to show me that the other rooms are really quiet.

A couple of days ago I travelled once more from Terceira island to Lisbon. My arrival at Lisbon airport was after midnight, so it was convenient to just walk down from the terminal to the hotel, jump into bed and continue my trip the other morning to my next destination.

I did my reservation just 3 to 4 hours before arriving at the hotel (via booking.com), because I decided 1,5 hours before the flight that I want to travel to Lisbon.

Arriving at the hotel, the lady who checked me in seemed not to find my reservation immediately. The check in procedure took TWELVE MINUTES, which of course is FAR too long and unefficient for being an international 4* hotel located at a big and busy airport.

The room I have booked was pleasant, the bed comfortable, the open bathroom is a funny idea when travelling alone - I liked it. Nothing to criticize about the room itself, but insonorization is really BAD BAD BAD at this hotel.
I was in bed at 00.30 hrs, staying in room 717. In the room upstairs directly above me there was someone walking around in high heels and the noise was just too loud to be acceptable. NO FLOOR ISOLATION AT ALL!!
Next to my bathroom (or behind it?) was the bathroom of my room neighbours. You can hear EVERYTHING from there, it is terrible!! You hear those next door taking a shower, singing, talking, and also details from the toilet. It is scandalous what kind of isolation has been used to build this brand new hotel.

The answer of the hotel manager which I received last january was just not true. It is a fact that ALSO WITH THE WINDOW CLOSED YOU CAN HEAR THE STREET NOISE VERY WELL. Right down of the rooms is a BP gas station, there are many roads with AN AWFUL LOT OF TRAFFIC DAY AND NIGHT - it never stops!
If you get up at 4 in the night and look out of the window, the streets have a lot of traffic! And you hear the noise very, very well inside the room - with closed windows. Anyone who says that I am not right is not telling the truth. It is really not quiet...

Also the insonorization from the corridor is scarse, you hear all the baggage trolleys passing in front of your room, and if people are talking (guests, employees of the hotel), you understand every single word inside your room.

I know that an AIRPORT HOTEL is not a resort. People stay there for 1 night to catch their next flight. This hotel has many positive attributes, but it is NOT QUIET.

Then, another thing to criticize which irritated and disappointed me was the following:
I had to check out at midday to catch my flight at 13.50 hrs. At around 11 I called reception and asked the lady answering the phone if she would be so kind and transfer my call to ROOM SERVICE, because I wanted to order a nice lunch before starting my long day of travelling.
The receptionist did so, and the phone rang TWENTY TIMES - NO ANSWER!
Some time later I tried it again - same thing! :-(
Mmmh, is something like this called a GOOD HOTEL that deserves so many good comments here?? Come on, please! Service here is VERY slow and for sure can not be rated as "good". When I was almost leaving my room to check out, the inroom phone was ringing. Someone from room service department was on the line, asking if I want to order a meal. As I have said, his tentative to satisfy me arrived very late.

I just can not understand how an AIRPORT HOTEL can be offering room service, but at ELEVEN IN THE MORNING it is just not possible to reach anyone to place an order! That IS lousy in my opinion... People in Portugal earn as little as 500/600/700€ per month, so in my opinion a hotel has no reason to be understaffed up to the point that guest's room service requests are not even answered.

Luckily I was travelling on TAP Executiva and could therefore use the (totally overcrowded) lounge and eat there something from the worn out buffet. Otherwise I would have suffered, as also food selection on TAP (Business-Class, same narrow and uncomfy seats as in Economy-Class, for 300% more money...) was lousy and just below of good, international standards.

In my opinion Portugal still has to learn a lot how to improve services at hotels.

The TRYP at the airport is a perfect solution for a short stopover, but rooms are noisy and service should be improved. I absolutely do not want to write badly about this hotel, but I would be a dishonest person if I said that I like to overnight here. It is very close to the airport, that IS convenient. But the noise and slow service tend to get on my nervs...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Travelmaniaccc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisbon
Tivoli Oriente Hotel
Tivoli Oriente Hotel
#103 of 251 in Lisbon
TRYP Lisboa Oriente Hotel
Ibis Lisboa Parque das Nacoes

Been to TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel? Share your experiences!