VIP Executive Arts Hotel
Corinthia Hotel Lisbon(Lisbon)
US$227
US$184
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$211
US$204
  • Room Service
1,163 results
All reviewsparque dasclose to the airportoriente metro stationbig shopping centerhigher floorrooms are cleaneasy accessgamataxineighborhood
Reviewed 1 October 2012

From the outside and the lobby it looks modern and makes quite good first impression. But as you try to check in the staff is always busy - making everything extremely slow and causing queues. The lift was working very wobbly and was squeaking - that was probably crying for some service. The room was quite spacious, but with lot of small disadvantages spoiling all of the quality: the wallpaaper was going out of the wall, the bathtube was chipped and the chip was not protected against the rust, the neon-shape bulb was blinking and making funny noise (very irritating), in the drawer of the bedside table I found the used packaging of the contact lenses of the previous guest - definetely not checked and removed by housekeeping. And last, but not least: there's no free mineral water and not even a glass in the room! In the hot country it should be a must, especially in the hotel of that class! Of course there's a minibar where I could get the water for 2 Euros - and some other drinks as well, but no glasses to mix it and to drink it from. Plus you need a water to drink as the air-conditioning dries the air and when you open the window it's too noisy. All of that things could be avoided and/or fixed easily, but it all seems that somebody built the hotel for Expo 1998 and since that time nobody cares for it. Pity.

Room Tip: Avoid the street-view rooms - might be too noisy when you open the window.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2012

VIP Executive Arts Hotel is a 4* hotel, but I can't find out why - probably the location. Very well located at the 'new Lisboa' at former Expo98 site, this hotel, when compared to similar ones is not really good due to quality of services, as facilities are in line with expectations. From the overcrowded reception to the low quality of the meals, it has been a huge disappointment.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Miguel2770
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This hotel is currently being filled by TAP airlines with "bumped" passengers due to the amount of overbooking on their flights. As a result meals are average, facilities non existant, general decor, furnishings etc look tired. Our bath had a big chip out of it, shower hose unravelling, minimal toiletries provided. Hard to see where 4* rating came from.
Can't comment on price as TAP were paying my bill!
On the plus side - the staff are excellent, location is great, house wine cheap (and quite nice).

Room Tip: The higher floors have a view of Vasco da Gama bridge
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel, the first having taken place about 4 years ago. I had good memories of the place with it's weird quirky furniture and bizarre grafitti-art tiled wall outside but I was disappointed.

I arrived late at night - about 11 pm - and waited with four staff at the desk checking people in. As the first two finished the check in, they walked off to the back office and ignored me. Eventually when we were down to just two front desk staff, a person became free and proceeded to completely ignore me. I think the only words he said - after spending several minutes playing with his computer whilst I stood invisible in front of hime - were "smoking or non smoking". Then he spent several more minutes looking at the computer and muttering to himself.

I thought perhaps I just got unlucky with my welcome. It would have been nice if I'd had the chance to ask if I could have a room with a river view but I was made to feel lucky to be getting a room at all.

Rooms are OK but unexciting. Breakfast has gone downhill since I was last there, possibly a factor of the 'crisis'. Shame that fear or losing their jobs hasn't made the staff a bit more interested in their customers.

Check out was a repeat of check in with just as much indifference. When the receptionist printed out my invoice on plain paper rather than hotel paper, I pointed out that it looked like I'd printed it myself. She apologised but made quite a performance of getting the right paper. They need to try harder.

Our company book a lot of people into this hotel and the hotel booking colleague was going to contact the hotel and tell them that this isn't good enough. The price we pay is excellent but I don't much like being treated like I'm invisible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river - if the receptionist is actually willing to talk to you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Very good modern hotel, located outside the tourist area, but very close to the train station and big shopping malls. It has some breathtaking views of the city. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Cheap parking on site. People at the frontdesk were very helpful, spoke some english and some spanish.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family